PDA

View Full Version : Rollmasters...Insane Markup

Humdingah
02-02-2007, 05:49 PM
With the addition of a matching spare (20" KMC Backseat and Nitto Mud Grappler) in the stock position I had to find a new place for the license plate. Going through all of the threads on here and seeing what others chose to do I liked the look of the Rollmasters license plate relocation kit.

http://www.rollmasters.com/ProductImages/hummer/Relocator%20400.jpg

What I didn't like was the $90.00 for the thing and then to futher bend me over when I went to checkout shipping on this thing was ONLY $25.00! So I would have been into $20.00 worth of material for a paltry $115.00. I decided to do a little searching and they apparently use a Peterson M436B light bracket with some powdercoated sheetmetal. Searching around I found the M436B for $6.03 (shipping brought it to $16-ish - would have been cheaper if I would have order a bunch of them) and then I'll have to cut the sheetmetal and have it powdercoated but I figure I'll have an identical version of what they sell for about $30.00 and an hour of my time.

I need to start making parts for the H2 crowd...seems that there's automatically a 300% bump added for the 'luxury' factor and because I assume they think we're lazy and incapable of duplicating their advanced engineering feats.

Alan06SUT
02-02-2007, 07:04 PM
I'll buy one from you for $50.00 if it fits the SUT and doesnt mess with the departure angle!

Humdingah
02-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Alan,

I appreciate it but it's going to be a little while before I get all the stuff together to see how I'm ultimately going to make it. I'm going to use Rollmasters' basic design but may change it a little based upon looks, clearance issues, etc. I'll post pics when it's done and let you know...but it should also fit the SUT as it just mounts to the lower bolt on the tow hook mount.

Dan