PDA

View Full Version : Help with 97, H-1

jm32262
02-02-2007, 11:36 PM
Hello:
WE HAVE A 97 H1.
Just put new motor in at Capitol Hummer.
Now, have 3 problems..
1.) The Alpine Cd player will not play any cds--theres power, used to play cds-on 1,3,4--swapped positions in cd chyanger,no good, cleaned no good- is it shot?
2.) NO Turn signals--where is the fuse box? All other lts work, but neither left nor right turn signal owrks.
3.) AC Blower- had new blower motor put in last week, as get ac/ heat in rear but not up front through the vents-- maybe a hose is loose? where can i get the ac/heat hose diagram, and what do you thinks wrong??
Thanks a Bunch for all your help!
Lisa , Maryland

ssgharkness020147
02-03-2007, 01:12 AM
Hello:
WE HAVE A 97 H1.
Just put new motor in at Capitol Hummer.
Now, have 3 problems..
1.) The Alpine Cd player will not play any cds--theres power, used to play cds-on 1,3,4--swapped positions in cd chyanger,no good, cleaned no good- is it shot? If you just had a new engine installed I would first check to make sure that the changer is hooked up properly. It sounds like something is not wired up correctly.

2.) NO Turn signals--where is the fuse box? All other lts work, but neither left nor right turn signal owrks. Sounds like a bad fuse, the pannel is on the drivers side. There is a little access pannel that comes off, the fuse will be on one of the mini blocks. Your owners manual shows you where they are and which fuse is which.

3.) AC Blower- had new blower motor put in last week, as get ac/ heat in rear but not up front through the vents-- maybe a hose is loose? where can i get the ac/heat hose diagram, and what do you thinks wrong??
Where did you get the blower from? If its a Napa blower you need to reverse the polarity. Otherwise it could be a bad fuse, it might not be hooked up right, or maybe the dealer did not reconnect the wires to the HVAC pannel itself.

Thanks a Bunch for all your help!
Lisa , Maryland

jm32262
02-03-2007, 02:38 AM
Hi- Thanks,
I had PASCO locally check out the wiring, as Capitol Hummer is 3 hours from me, but the closest Dealer.
They installed the new blower motor, the Air NEVER came out of the front even in the summer, it blows like a small breeze, almost as if the duct work is disconnected??

The Fuse box-can you be alittel more specific where its at? On the drivers door? Under the divers seat? Also- I do nto have an owners manual-where on line can I see the number for the turn signals? are they on 1 fuse all by themslef?
Thanks
'Lisa

ssgharkness020147
02-03-2007, 09:45 AM
For the fuse chart:
http://flashoffroad.com/electrical/fuse/fuse.htm

As far as the blower motor, does the motor itself run? Can you hear it spinning? If so your vacuum pump is shot, its located under the alternator. Its a GM part and can be had at any Napa or the like. The install isnt too bad, but you will need a power steering pulley puller to do the job.