PDA

View Full Version : What do yal think of the H2 and H3?

HummerOfPrey05
07-28-2005, 02:15 PM
Do you think that they are okay or do you think they diminish the Hummer namebrand by rebaging GM products and posing them as "real" hummers?

ckhagman
07-28-2005, 02:38 PM
They serve a purpose but rebranded GM products they are not. Plus they are a stepping stone for many. I know of a number of instenses where people have bought H2's and either sold them to buy an H1 or have bought an H1 in addition to the H2.

Another thing that is interesting is the during the Paragon event this year I met a guy that sold his H2 when he got home from last years trip because he realized that he really wanted an H1. One guy broke his H2 and the rest of the trip was comparing H1 styles to replace his H2 with. I guess he told the dealer give me a price for a trade.

HummBebe
07-31-2005, 04:56 PM
As a newcomer to the HUMMER brand, I have to say that I have always admired both the H1 and H2. I will always want an H1 and when I stop driving 30,000+ miles per year, I will definitely own one.
The H3 seves a purpose for me.It can be my daily driver, my kids can fit in it, and I can park it in the city.
For now it will have to do, and I can say I am completely satisfied, it is absolutely a HUMMER!

Don't forget to wave http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

ckhagman
07-31-2005, 05:17 PM
I am looking forward to the GM 24-test drive if it ever comes out for the H3. I would really like to see how parking it is going to be. Parking an H1 is easier than most any vehicle that I have driven. More spaces in the city for an H1 than an H2 also. H1 fits in garage whereas an H2 might not. Not sure how if any shorter the H3 is to the H1.

HummBebe
07-31-2005, 09:59 PM
You can view a side by side comparison on Hummer.com (GM website) Very cool, it gives a great perspective.
But still, I'd rather pay 45K for something I am going to drive into the ground at 30k miles a year than some thing I'd spend 150k on. To each his own, and I will own one some day!

HMMWV
07-31-2005, 11:36 PM
I'm not against the idea of smaller, less offroad capable, more mainstream HUMMERs at all. I am disappointed at the execution though, the H2 and H3 could have been so much better IMO.

DennisAJC
08-01-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by HMMWV:
I'm not against the idea of smaller, less offroad capable, more mainstream HUMMERs at all. I am disappointed at the execution though, the H2 and H3 could have been so much better IMO.

Actually, at one point, I was seriously considering and H1.

But the more I realized the H2s capabilities on and off road, I couldn't justify logic(Not money) for IMHO downgrading to an H1. It's not a slam.

With the introduction to the H3 an equal if not better performer than the H1. The justification to buying an H1 becomes ridiculous.

GM hasn't done the H1 any favours by introducing the H2 and now the H3. People are starting to look at the H1 with more ridicule considering the fact that on and off road in whole, the H2 and H3 outperforms the H1 and the price difference is huge. I know money shouldn't be the issue, but that's what the unsuspecting public thinks.

Not a slam, just an observation.

HURF
08-01-2005, 03:57 PM
One question for you H1 drivers (great vehicle)

How many miles to your local Hummer dealer/service before the H2 and H3

How many miles to your local Hummer dealer/service after the H2 and H3

HURF

usetosellhummer
08-01-2005, 09:18 PM
The original number of dealers for Hummer (AM General) was much smaller then the GM/Hummer dealer network. There were no dealers in Abq for years after the original one went away. H1 owners could take their truck to a Buick dealer in town that had an authorized tech. Very strange but alot of H1 owners did low miles or had trucks driven alot of miles for service.

ckhagman
08-02-2005, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by DennisAJC:

GM hasn't done the H1 any favours by introducing the H2 and now the H3.

I know it wasn't a slam but a lot of people have left the H2 and went to the H1.

The H1 is more comfortable to drive. Not a slam on the H2 just my observation.

DennisAJC
08-02-2005, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by ckhagman:
I know it wasn't a slam but a lot of people have left the H2 and went to the H1.

http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Not to mention unusual frequency for repair service.

It's NOT a slam. But with the H2 and H3 out. You'll just be paying for the H1 badge. Not it's off road prowess.

I've never been in a situation where I've said,

" Man! If I had an H1, I wouldn't have gotten stuck!"

Or

"****! If I had an H1, I could have made it up that hill!"

Reason being, most of us here are confident we can ride with H1s and keep up or in some cases surpass. Mabye machine, mabye driver. Nevertheless, The H2 and H3s are HUMMERS by right, and because of it's price, more superior. Definitely more bang for the buck.

The majority of people on this board can easily make the switch to an H1. There's a reason they don't http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif and it's definitely NOT about the money. For me, I don't see why I should. My H2 takes me were I want to go more reliably and comfortably than the H1. On or off road.

I don't want this to become some heated Bish is a ****head type post so FYI, it's just one mans opinion. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

DRTYFN
08-02-2005, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by HummerOfPrey05:
Do you think that they are okay or do you think they diminish the Hummer namebrand by rebaging GM products and posing them as "real" hummers?

Does it diminish law when you dispense info without a license?

DRTYFN
08-02-2005, 01:30 AM

You're kidding, right?

Harley
08-02-2005, 01:55 AM
uh, my H2 was much more comfortable that my H1...

K

Harley
08-02-2005, 01:56 AM
...but I drive my Road King HD as my daily driver...

K

Beastmaster
08-02-2005, 02:20 AM
Ironically, I also find the pre-2004 H1's seats far better support wise than the H2's....at least for me.

KenP
08-02-2005, 04:15 AM
This must be a joke by Prey http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif.

Each vehicle has it's pluses and minuses. I couldn't imagine driving an H1 to Moab from the Right Coast. But I'll do it in an H2. I also know there's not much I won't be able to do once there. Just check out the vids.

ckhagman
08-02-2005, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by DRTYFN:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ckhagman:

You're kidding, right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which part. The comfort or the people switching. I drove an H2 before I got my truck and I just couldn't get comfortable. Maybe it is too big for me I don't know. But I waited 0 years for a Hummer and maybe my mind was saying if you waited 10 years why change to a different vehicle.

ckhagman
08-02-2005, 10:31 AM

I don't want this to become some heated Bish is a ****head type post so FYI, it's just one mans opinion. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

What is that supposed to mean.

GeneseeMtn
08-02-2005, 02:45 PM
Do you think that they are okay or do you think they diminish the Hummer namebrand by rebaging GM products and posing them as "real" hummers

I hope that the "next" Hummers will be either of these concepts:

1. The Open Top Adventurer - similar to a Land Rover D-90 type of vehicle - no frills, open top, smaller than an H1 but bigger than a jeep, highly capable (lockers/suspension or retro-fittable), soft top, simple design, off-road capable, with at least 35" tires. Everything about it is durable - rhino lined interior & waterproof seats stock!

2. A MEAN "hummer-esque" looking BIG full size pickup w/ a Duramax to compete with Dodge Cummins & F250 Powerstroke & GM full size pick-ups.

I think the Hummers that GM is producing now (H2, H3) are about getting as much market share as possible, (the suv is the hottest segment) and you can hardly fault a car company for wanting to sell cars.

HUMMERDOGG
08-03-2005, 03:11 AM
My .02 for what it's worth...

If the H2 came from the factory with a Duramax engine rated at 350HP, in a slant back version and with the suspension setup of an H1 then I might consider buying another H2. My experience with my H2 has been that it is underpowered and underengineered and I can't run the biodiesel we are now producing in it...

SledgeHummer
08-21-2005, 06:31 AM
Reading all your posts on many threads (not just this one) I get the impression H1 guys are pretty upset at H2s and H3s. why ? maybe their are upset they paid a lot of money for a Hummer only to see it it being almost equalled by a 50K or a 35K smaller Hummer.

I must admit, before my H3, I used to drive a Chevy Blazer ZR2, which is a very capable offroad vehicle (http://www.zr2.com) then GM in an effort to boost Daewoo sales rebadged a few small cars with a Chevy badge (http://www.chevrolet.com/aveo/ ) that kind of upset me too, because I used to be proud to say I drive a CHEVY, then a wuss with 8K die-cast look alike can EQUALLY say : I drive a Chevy.

So I can understand the frustration the H1 guys are going through. having said that, what would you guys think if AMG was NOT owned by GM and it came up with the H2 and H3, would it be any different than the H2/H3 GM came up with ?

As an experienced offroader, also having driven all 3 Hummers, I can tell you out of experience, the H2 and H3 sometimes, in certain rare cases (not in general) they outperform the H1. Specially when the offroad situation requires a light vehicle, the H1 is simply TOOOOO HEAVY.

There's a rumor going around that for 2007, GM will be introducing either a supercharged H3 or a V8 based H3. if that ever comes out, you can bet it will outperform the H1 in any situation.

the H1 however, is better in terms of space and storage. the H1 is more like an offroad Mbile-Home. which is good in a way.

Summary : when comparing the H1 to the H2/H3, you are not comparing apples with apples here. you are talking about a manufacturer who built different vehicles for different applications. Do you use a chainsaw to cut an orange? similarly do you use a kitchen knife to cut down an oak tree ?

Remember, the H1 was designed for Military purposes, even the Military is designing a range of assault Buggies, this is not to replace the H1, but each vehicle has its applications depending on the situation at hand. The assult buggy is fast-attack vehicle with minimum personnel and armament, let alone armor, whereas the HUMVEE is a multipurpose, hard armored personeel carrier (more than 7 people with full gear).

Dopnt compare apples with oranges, they're BOTH useful.

SledgeHummer

dochummer
08-22-2005, 04:45 AM
I just got back from a trip to seattle where I got a chance to see up close an H1 and H3. For me, the H3 is a little small, especially in the back seat. Just can't haul enough with it... The H1, surprised me as to how cramped I felt when I sat in it. (the alpha is definately an improvement). I was kind of disappointed with both...I'm happy with my H2...still hoping to get an H1 soon...probably not as soon as before... http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

ckhagman
08-22-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by SledgeHummer:
Reading all your posts on many threads (not just this one) I get the impression H1 guys are pretty upset at H2s and H3s. why ? maybe their are upset they paid a lot of money for a Hummer only to see it it being almost equalled by a 50K or a 35K smaller Hummer.

<span class="ev_code_RED">That is not it at all.</span>

So I can understand the frustration the H1 guys are going through. having said that, what would you guys think if AMG was NOT owned by GM and it came up with the H2 and H3, would it be any different than the H2/H3 GM came up with ?

<span class="ev_code_RED">They ARE NOT owned by GM.</span>

As an experienced offroader, also having driven all 3 Hummers, I can tell you out of experience, the H2 and H3 sometimes, in certain rare cases (not in general) they outperform the H1. Specially when the offroad situation requires a light vehicle, the H1 is simply TOOOOO HEAVY.

There's a rumor going around that for 2007, GM will be introducing either a supercharged H3 or a V8 based H3. if that ever comes out, you can bet it will outperform the H1 in any situation.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Do NOT compare apples to oranges. There are times when a Jeep can out perform any Hummer also.</span>

SledgeHummer

SledgeHummer
08-23-2005, 08:31 PM
<span class="ev_code_RED">Do NOT compare apples to oranges. There are times when a Jeep can out perform any Hummer also.</span>

<span class="ev_code_BLUE"> You're kidding me right ?? you MUST be kidding http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif . It's obvious you're talking about a HEAVILY modified Jeep that outperforms the Hummer. See... my opinion was based on OEM H1s, H2s and H3s.

I AM comparing apples with apples. and in doing so, you are trying to tell me an OEM Jeep (with its 29' tires) can outperform a Hummer ?? where the heck did you see that ?? I mean....how? ...who?...Heeee?....Huuuuu?? ...I'm speechless here, help me out....

Jeeps have a "ground-breaking" clearance, I call it ground-breaking because it's so low the bumper literally tries to break the ground. Jeepers have a saying : "a Jeep is built and never bought" . it's like Daimler-Chrysler is telling customers : we'll givve you the chassis, engine and body...and you figure out the rest http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Hummers are almost perfect right out of the production line (I say again : ALMOST). so please dont compare Jeeps to Hummers. Even thinking about this comparison is horrible to me....YUKK!!!

Anyway, getting back to the original subject, H1 vs H2/H3. Thanks for the comments, but you didnt give out an opinion. what I would like to know from reading all posts in this thread, I sense that H1 guys are frustrated at H2/H3, I wanna know why ??

SledgeHummer</span>

ckhagman
08-24-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by SledgeHummer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ckhagman:

<span class="ev_code_BLUE"> You're kidding me right ?? you MUST be kidding http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif . It's obvious you're talking about a HEAVILY modified Jeep that outperforms the Hummer. See... my opinion was based on OEM H1s, H2s and H3s.

</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read my post again. What I was trying to show is that you were saying an H3 might be able out perform an H1 in some cases. That was the apples to oranges statement I made. I just added the Jeep (ALSO) line.

" <span class="ev_code_RED">There's a rumor going around that for 2007, GM will be introducing either a supercharged H3 or a V8 based H3. if that ever comes out, you can bet it will outperform the H1 in any situation.</span>"

ckhagman
08-24-2005, 03:22 PM
As for my opinion I think most of the frustration comes from this statement that I have heard from countless people that I have met (no one hear btw just people in public), "I have always wanted a Hummer, so when the H2 came out I was able to get one." Someone who waits 10 years (like I did) to buy the truck they wanted and then bought an H2 or H3. There is nothing wrong with that but it almost gives the impression that some just wanted the name plate. There is nothing wrong with it, it just happens. Again this is my observation from people I meet out in public that have no clue what Hummer ownership is about and not the people that I know on-line and have wheeled with.

2xtreme
08-26-2005, 11:59 PM
This has been some intresting reading, normally I would have closed out the topic with 2 pages of posts but I've read every single post and enjoyed them all. If anyone cares

HeimenHummer
08-27-2005, 04:29 PM
There are two diferent types of owners.

The ones who buy the H2/H3 just for the name. They have no clue of REAL Hummer ownership.

Then ther are those who initially wanted an entry Hummer(H2) but realized the H2 wasn't entry at all. It rivaled the H1 but for half the price and superior in more ways.

I did just that. I wanted to ease my way into the Hummer brand by buying the H2 and progress my way to an H1.

I was totally wrong. I'll never buy an H1 mainly because the H2 is far superior overall.

If you buy an H1, your spending twice the money just for the badge itself. Face it, most H1 owners I know are just like H2 owners. Some wheel em and the majority don't. The only diference is H2 owners got the better buy.

H1, H2, H3, they are pretty much equally capable. How much you want to spend all matters in how much of a statement you want to make.

goose
08-27-2005, 08:10 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by HammerH2:
There are two diferent types of owners.

The ones who buy the H2/H3 just for the name. They have no clue of REAL Hummer ownership.

Whats wrong with that! I mean Hummers are awesome trucks. As far as "real hummer ownership" man, its just a truck not a religion.

I also own a porsche just because its a porsche brand. I bought it because i like it so as my H3

just my two cents

HUMMERDOGG
08-28-2005, 03:19 AM
H1 stats: Ground Clearance, Approach/Departure Angles, Winch, CTIS, 37" Tires, Diesel, etc... and the fact you can get a 2002 H1 with low miles for almost $6-10K less than a 2006 H2 Fully Loaded... Trust me I love my H2 even with all it's shortcomings but I will be getting an H1 when my H2 is paid off...

ARH1956
08-28-2005, 03:41 AM
As for my opinion I think most of the frustration comes from this statement that I have heard from countless people that I have met (no one hear btw just people in public), "I have always wanted a Hummer, so when the H2 came out I was able to get one." Someone who waits 10 years (like I did) to buy the truck they wanted and then bought an H2 or H3. There is nothing wrong with that but it almost gives the impression that some just wanted the name plate. There is nothing wrong with it, it just happens. Again this is my observation from people I meet out in public that have no clue what Hummer ownership is about and not the people that I know on-line and have wheeled with. This is exactly opposite of my case. I was so glad when the H2 arrived I sprinted to the dealer to buy one. I kept my H1 for several months to check the off road capabilities of the H2, then it was gone. The H2 is far more comfortable, powerful, roomy & as capable in all "SUV" activities. Sure my H1 was superior in certain hard core off road situations I faced but inferior in every on road venue, LOL.
Now that I've driven an Alpha 1 the power problem with H1's is history & the latest interiors are more comfortable, still no room though. I'm missing the open top however & am going to buy an Alpha 1 soon. But it won't displace my H2, it's a keeper until GM drops the Duramax package in the H2.

HMMWV
08-28-2005, 05:45 PM
Really, whats the point of these kind of topics? These topics always come up every couple month or so, on this forum and humvee.net, and the H1 and H2 guys never agree, it just further divides HUMMER owners. Be happy with what you bought, thats all that matters.

DennisAJC
08-28-2005, 06:57 PM
Really, whats the point of these kind of topics? These topics always come up every couple month or so, on this forum and humvee.net, and the H1 and H2 guys never agree, it just further divides HUMMER owners. Be happy with what you bought, thats all that matters.

Amen to that!

But let's get realistic here. Over there on the silly Bish site, they can bash, ridicule, and insult the H2 freely.

The moment anything is said about the H1, even valid statements, it gets removed or edited and the user banned.

THAT IS WHY THERE IS A DIVISION.

I think it is the opposite for H1 owners. There are a handful of good people. But the majority I think are insecure *******s that feel threatened by the H2's presence.

Humvee.net is dying for a reason while this Forum flourishes and expands. Free diologue.

HMMWV
08-28-2005, 10:47 PM
Ok, be happy with what you bought AND the forum you choose to particpate in! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

HUMMER on!

DennisAJC
08-29-2005, 12:24 AM
OK fair enough. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ckhagman
08-30-2005, 02:17 PM

Amen to that!

But let's get realistic here. Over there on the silly Bish site, they can bash, ridicule, and insult the H2 freely.

The moment anything is said about the H1, even valid statements, it gets removed or edited and the user banned.

THAT IS WHY THERE IS A DIVISION.

I think it is the opposite for H1 owners. There are a handful of good people. But the majority I think are insecure *******s that feel threatened by the H2's presence.

Humvee.net is dying for a reason while this Forum flourishes and expands. Free diologue.

How is Hummernetwork.com dyeing. I don't see it. We have been around since '96 and still going strong.

I have never seen anyone get banned except for gator bill. Havn't seen posts get edited either. Jason deleted one of my posts hear because is said. Hummer Club. We have free dialog on hummer network also we just don't talk politics or porn and keep it family friendly. There is nother wrong with either forum. They both serve a purpose.

LAWDOG
09-14-2005, 02:27 AM
well I went from the H2 to the H1 and Im glad I made the jump, How many times are they gonna water down the Beast? I got tired of you H1 people (now my H1 familyhttp://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif,,shineing me on oh ,,,and the stickers that said I **** H2's now I cant find any H2's anywhere is it because they avoid the Beast?
and yes my H2 was great,,,but had to have the real deal!

timgco
09-23-2005, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by LAWDOG:
well I went from the H2 to the H1 and Im glad I made the jump, How many times are they gonna water down the Beast? I got tired of you H1 people (now my H1 familyhttp://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif,,shineing me on oh ,,,and the stickers that said I **** H2's now I cant find any H2's anywhere is it because they avoid the Beast?

So, what you are saying is that the H2/3 is not the real deal? LMAO! They have the HUMMER logo on the H2/3, so it must be. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

KenP
09-23-2005, 02:43 AM
Lawdog is a dumbass. It's clear from her posts. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif
http://elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=userposts&sortType=1&u=5131096931

BTW, no pics, no proof.. etc. Just BS. But I guess she'll find a pic to post now. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

HeimenHummer
09-23-2005, 04:05 AM
but had to have the real deal!

Perfect example of an idiot poser. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Owning an H1, with all the other Hummers in offer, makes owning an H1 retarded. Especially the ones that never see off road.

What people say about H1s now?

"Look at that idiot paying all that money when he could get something half as cheap, twice as comfortable, same in ability, and better looking like the H2.

Now with the introduction of the H3, people are keeling over laughing at how ridiculous H1s look driving around. Like a naked senile old men lost in the middle of a forest.

God I'm so happy I never bought an H1. I would have felt like an ass knowing what I know now.

Alpha H2 is the next upgrade.

DRTYFN
09-23-2005, 04:14 AM

I call bullsh!t until I see pictures.

Cal
09-23-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by HammerH2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LAWDOG:
but had to have the real deal!

Perfect example of an idiot poser. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Owning an H1, with all the other Hummers in offer, makes owning an H1 retarded. Especially the ones that never see off road.

What people say about H1s now?

"Look at that idiot paying all that money when he could get something half as cheap, twice as comfortable, same in ability, and better looking like the H2.

Now with the introduction of the H3, people are keeling over laughing at how ridiculous H1s look driving around. Like a naked senile old men lost in the middle of a forest.

God I'm so happy I never bought an H1. I would have felt like an ass knowing what I know now.

Alpha H2 is the next upgrade. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why do you care so much what he thinks of your H2? You like it so who cares, i know everybody always feels like they need to justify their purchase, but you are just as bad as the other guy bad mouthing the H1. I had an h2 and it was a good truck however the H1 fits me better than the h2. I also find it hard to believe that everyone that sees an H1 says, that guy is so stupid he could have just got an H2 which is the same thing and saved a whole lot of money. I have found just the opposite, when i had my h2 people used to say why didnt you get and H1? And now that i have an H2 all people tell me is that that is the real Hummer and the H2 is a piece, and i gladly inform them that the H2 is not a piece and its a great truck. Lets not forget that without the H1 there would be no H2/H3, and probably vise versa. Why cant everyone just appreciate each others vehicles, instead of bashing them?

SteveRH
09-23-2005, 02:16 PM
I have to say that I dig the HUMMER brand in general. If I had the cash, I'd have one of each... However, I don't... I was either going to buy a used H2 or a new H3. I went with the H3 because it got the better gas mileage and I love it. No regrets from this new HUMMER owner!!!

leenigen
10-10-2005, 04:05 PM
H2 and H3 are a disgrace to the hummer name! I wouldn't have a problem with the vehicles if they called them what they are... suburban/jimmy.

Vincent
10-10-2005, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by leenigen:
H2 and H3 are a disgrace to the hummer name! I wouldn't have a problem with the vehicles if they called them what they are... suburban/jimmy.

Whatever http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Dumb ass TROLL http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif Get your facts straight!

H1Hummer Owner
10-10-2005, 11:48 PM
But the more I realized the H2s capabilities on and off road, I couldn't justify logic(Not money) for IMHO downgrading to an H1. It's not a slam.

With the introduction to the H3 an equal if not better performer than the H1. The justification to buying an H1 becomes ridiculous.

An H1 definitely outperforms an H2 and H3 off-roading. It's not even close.

H1 can make it through the world famous Rubicon....H2/H3, not a chance.

That said...I own an H1, and only use my Willys Jeep on the trail. My H1 costs too much to smash it up on boulders.

Beastmaster
10-11-2005, 02:27 AM
I hate to break your bubble, but the Rubicon Trail was one of the primary test beds for the H3. There's plenty of footage of H3's on it. Some of which was featured on Hummer.com.

Originally posted by H1Hummer Owner:
An H1 definitely outperforms an H2 and H3 off-roading. It's not even close.

H1 can make it through the world famous Rubicon....H2/H3, not a chance.

That said...I own an H1, and only use my Willys Jeep on the trail. My H1 costs too much to smash it up on boulders.

LAWDOG
10-11-2005, 02:49 AM
I went from an 03 H2 to an 00 H1 and am still smiling, kick in the ass vehicle!!

Hummer crazy
10-11-2005, 08:08 AM
I love the H1 But don't have the cash for that! Could have got a used H2 But when I seen the body lines of the H3 (with 4yr/50k) that helps i just had to trade my zr2. I love the looks of the H3 wish it was alittle wider but oh well and on the tight trails it works great some day mybe move to H1 or H3 But for now just glade to be in the Hummmer family Hey who cares its a Hummer nota toyota or jeep ( are we soposta had jeeps?)...LOL

H1Hummer Owner
10-11-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Beastmaster:
I hate to break your bubble, but the Rubicon Trail was one of the primary test beds for the H3. There's plenty of footage of H3's on it. Some of which was featured on Hummer.com.

I live there...I've been on the Trail over 100 times...from start to finish. You can "say" you went on the Rubicon, and you can SAY you actually drove the Rubicon.

No stock H3 has ever gone THROUGH the entire Rubicon. Nice try.

AM GENERAL's own spokesperson said "the H2 and H3 has about 80% of the capability of the H1."

This...is the Rubicon. Taken just a couple weeks ago while I was working on the trail.
http://www.atvobsession.com/pictures/rubicon8272005/images/23.%20He%20talked%20her%20through...but%20she%20di d%20great%20on%20her%20own..jpg
http://www.atvobsession.com/pictures/rubicon8272005/images/27.%20And%20spent%20the%20next%2010%20minutes%20sm oking%20his%20clutch..jpg

If you know where this photo is...you'd know they'd already gone through the above photos.

http://www.atvobsession.com/pictures/rubicon6102005/images/78.%20They%20were%20from%20Ohio%20and%20Florida..a t%20Buck%20Island..jpg

You can take your H3 test videos and use them to start a fire...cause that's all their worth. The trail is 13 miles long....just cause you drove on it, doesn't mean you made it all the way. There's a huge difference.

Still think an H3 can handle the Rubicon???

Give it a try.

http://www.atvobsession.com/pictures/Rubicon-May%2015-16,%202004/images/041.%20Yup...they're%20enormous.%20%20Dusty%20and% 20Terry%20to%20show%20scale..jpg

Let me know, so I can bring a camera. LOL.

Mr. I - Man
10-11-2005, 03:42 PM
So are you the geeky bald guy or The Special Olympic Participant in the helmet. Either way it explains why you have an inferiority complex and have to talk a big B. S. game, feel better? Now go home troll!!

H1Hummer Owner
10-11-2005, 04:26 PM
Is that how you make yourself feel better, by making fun of people in a photo??

If you'd actually engaged your brain, you'd realize...I TOOK the photo.

Now...

Tell me ALL about your Rubicon experience?? Because, it seems you know all about it.

I've been through it, start to finish, 7 times this year alone. Not counting, the 4 work days I did doing trail maintenance and driver education.

Mr. I - Man
10-11-2005, 05:20 PM
After 8.5 years in the Suck I don't have to go on make believe missions or go over the same obstacles that everyone else did for no appearant reason, other than to say look what I did and feel a false sense of accomplishment. 7 times Wow I'am so impressed, now do it with bullets flying at you with out sh*tting your pants. you are an Off Road God, is your name Ivan Stuart by any chance???

H1Hummer Owner
10-11-2005, 05:42 PM
The missions are over son...

The thread was about H3's doing the Rubicon. Focus.

Mr. I - Man
10-11-2005, 05:56 PM
???? WTF

Son???

What did ya adopt me??

Or did ya want me to call you daddy! Ya Homo!!

Go drive your truck over some rocks a take some more pic's!!

Impress Us!!

Mr. I - Man
10-11-2005, 05:58 PM
I love Fookin WEB Wheelers!!

LAWDOG
10-11-2005, 08:14 PM
Posted 09-22-05 09:43 PM
Lawdog
Lawdog is a dumbass. It's clear from her posts.
http://elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=userposts&sortType=1&u=5131096931

BTW, no pics, no proof.. etc. Just BS. But I guess she'll find a pic to post now.

Black '03 LPE Lux

Hey ken, what the f@#k is your problem,,I came to this Board for freedom of speach and to give my comments on both vehicles why you crying? like I said had an H2 now got an H1 get over it some guys will make the transition some wont so whats your point!is it the real deal comment? I also at one time had 96impala ss then chevy came out the impala ss with the six ? what do you call that. just making observations thats all not out to hurt my H2 Bro's

Gil.......Ken if you hate the H1 so much why do you even post on the General H1 Discussion area?

H1Hummer Owner
10-11-2005, 09:09 PM
Hey ken, what the f@#k is your problem,,I came to this Board for freedom of speach and to give my comments on both vehicles why you crying?

It's clear some H2 and H3 owners get pushed out of joint. We have this guy calling you a dumbass, we have army boy Mr. I claiming the only way to really go wheeling is with bullets flying over your head.

I have a real Hummer. I personally wouldn't own a watered down version.

I'll take my extra clearance, steeper attack angle, wider stance, electric front window defogger, CTIS Air inflation system, higher water forging clearance and on and on...and actually go somewhere....

bullets not included.

H1Hummer Owner
10-11-2005, 10:38 PM
And before armchair wheeler shoots over my head to make my typing more exciting...

I said "I personally"....if someone else is ok with it, have at it. That's why we all don't drive the same car.

HummBebe
10-11-2005, 11:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LAWDOG:
Hey ken, what the f@#k is your problem,,I came to this Board for freedom of speach and to give my comments on both vehicles why you crying?

It's clear some H2 and H3 owners get pushed out of joint. We have this guy calling you a dumbass, we have army boy Mr. I claiming the only way to really go wheeling is with bullets flying over your head.

I have a real Hummer. I personally wouldn't own a watered down version.

I'll take my extra clearance, steeper attack angle, wider stance, electric front window defogger, CTIS Air inflation system, higher water forging clearance and on and on...and actually go somewhere....

bullets not included. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey!!! They did take the H3's on the Rubicon, in fact I posted a link a while back.

But you are correct, there is a very good chance that it would not make it all the way thru. Since you are a Local like me....why don't we try it in my truck??? I would love to be the first H3 to COMPLETE the Rubicon.

I also now that there are parts of the trail that an H1 could not do. The sluices are very narrow. But an H3 might be able to do it! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Crazy Chick? Mehhhbe http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Adrenaline junkie? Absolutely.

Mr. I - Man
10-12-2005, 01:51 AM
Try Marine C*nt

HummBebe
10-12-2005, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Mr. I - Man:
Try Marine C*nt

Your a tuff guy eh?

Mr. I - Man
10-12-2005, 11:51 AM
Quote : Your a tuff guy eh?

WTF ????

Was I addressing you I don't think so. I think the comment was aimed @ H1 hummer owner for the army comment not you. However you do seem very receptive to that word. If the shoe fits wear it.

Your grammar is a little lacking also.
The word is spelled "You're " short for "you are" not Your!!!

HummBebe
10-12-2005, 12:54 PM
Quote : You're a tuff guy eh?

WTF ????

Was I addressing you I don't think so. I think the comment was aimed @ H1 hummer owner for the army comment not you. However you do seem very receptive to that word. If the shoe fits wear it.

Your grammar is a little lacking also.
The word is spelled "You're " short for "you are" not Your!!!

See the little icon on the bottom right where there is a folder with quotes??? Use that next time to avoid confusion, also, be very careful about using the "C" word directly under a womans post.

As far as correcting my spelling, you got me.

I have the utmost respect for the military, my mom was a Wave '58-'62 in Air Traffic Control. I am uaually one of the first to thank you for your service to our country. Thank you.

Now pardon me if I tell you to GO **** YOURSELF!!!!!!! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Mr. I - Man
10-12-2005, 01:34 PM
Hey, I take it where and when I can get it http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

H1Hummer Owner
10-12-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by HummBeebe:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr. I - Man:
Try Marine C*nt

Your a tuff guy eh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He seems to think so. His mom is surely extremely proud that he's the bully of a message board. It's quite an accomplishment!

H1Hummer Owner
10-12-2005, 03:18 PM
Hey!!! They did take the H3's on the Rubicon, in fact I posted a link a while back.

But you are correct, there is a very good chance that it would not make it all the way thru. Since you are a Local like me....why don't we try it in my truck??? I would love to be the first H3 to COMPLETE the Rubicon.

I also now that there are parts of the trail that an H1 could not do. The sluices are very narrow. But an H3 might be able to do it! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Crazy Chick? Mehhhbe http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Adrenaline junkie? Absolutely.

You'd be brave. Actually....I found some friends who were there when GM brought H2's through. They had be winched up Cadillac Hill. The H2's had H1's for support and winch vehicles. He said the H2's were badly damaged by the time they got out. Not surprising.

I have another friend, who was there when they brought the H3's through...They had 2 support vehicles. No information on damage, as they were seen early on in the trail.

Not sure if I'll be going through again this season...but I'll keep you posted.

I have pictures of the H3's...I'll post next.

http://www.fototime.com/{1AC440FD-F186-4441-AFDC-37E2EDA89101}/picture.JPG

Here's the support vehicles.

http://www.fototime.com/{692B175A-1A66-4BBE-86BB-7D7CB26008CD}/picture.JPG

http://www.fototime.com/{9F7BF76A-A4C0-42BD-BA27-DD3F4A4F69E4}/picture.JPG

Mr. I - Man
10-12-2005, 03:29 PM
Go away troll A.K.A. Web Wheeler

First you come on this site and right away start digging on other peoples rides and start blowing your own horn about how you did this and that and how many times you did it. No one gives a F*#k.

Second you post pics of POS jeeps on a Hummer board.

Third where are the pics of your ride in action?? What haven't Wheeled the Web enough to collect pic's of someone elses ride doing things wish you could, if you even really have an H1.

I smell Troll

And I'm calling B.S.

Bully that web wheeling punk!!!

H1Hummer Owner
10-12-2005, 05:31 PM
I see you've been busy engaging your fingers to the keyboard again...without using your brain.

Do a little research, before you type. (http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/1006067735/m/325106696)

Feel free to visit some of my sites. To find out what people really do with vehicles on the trail.

Pirate 4x4 - The best Rock Crawling site. (http://www.pirate4x4.com/welcome1.php)

My site with my ATV photos and Videos. (http://www.atvobsession.com)

Friends Of The Rubicon. This is who I work for on Trail Maintenance. (http://www.delalbright.com/Rubicon/rubicon.htm)

I'll let you have the last word...cause that's what bullies do. So go ahead...think up some good ones...let 'em fly.

Mr. I - Man
10-12-2005, 05:45 PM
No bullies usually finishes up with stomping the chatter boxes face into the pavement. Especially Chubby Little Dough boys in raggedy old flat fenders.

Those are real vehicles. "Real Redneck vehicles"

The Powder blue color is cute ! Did your wife pick it out to match the purse she carries your balls in!

And a bully is someone who starts sh@t. I never said anything derogatory about the H1 the H2 or H3. You started it you just can't finish it.

HummBebe
10-12-2005, 10:45 PM
I see you've been busy engaging your fingers to the keyboard again...without using your brain.

Do a little research, before you type. (http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/1006067735/m/325106696)

Feel free to visit some of my sites. To find out what people really do with vehicles on the trail.

Pirate 4x4 - The best Rock Crawling site. (http://www.pirate4x4.com/welcome1.php)

My site with my ATV photos and Videos. (http://www.atvobsession.com)

Friends Of The Rubicon. This is who I work for on Trail Maintenance. (http://www.delalbright.com/Rubicon/rubicon.htm)

I'll let you have the last word...cause that's what bullies do. So go ahead...think up some good ones...let 'em fly.

Ignore him!!!Lets talk about me!!!Hey do you know a couple of guys from NCHG??? They both have H1's. I have wheeled with them at Deer Valley. Great guys. Do you know Cranky Steve??? Do you know the rock and roll 4x4 people???

Lets get a group together for the Rubicon!!

H1Hummer Owner
10-13-2005, 12:59 AM
Set it up....

I don't know any of those names. I've done many trips with Hi-Lows from Tahoe, Dirty Dozen and RPS (Rubicon Porn Starz).

If you see me driving around...honk...since I'm in Granite Bay.

HummBebe
10-13-2005, 02:29 AM
I drive down Hazel Ave. every morning on my way to Folsom! See ya around http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Here is a link to the club that is meeting in Oct. Check it out.

http://www.rocknroll4x4.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1458

PS checked out your ATV site, Very cool, the NCHG guys I mentioned earlier, you may have met on Fordyce???? Say June '04 http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

hyperion78
10-15-2005, 11:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummBeebe:

You'd be brave. Actually....I found some friends who were there when GM brought H2's through. They had be winched up Cadillac Hill. The H2's had H1's for support and winch vehicles. He said the H2's were badly damaged by the time they got out. Not surprising.

I have another friend, who was there when they brought the H3's through...They had 2 support vehicles. No information on damage, as they were seen early on in the trail.

Not sure if I'll be going through again this season...but I'll keep you posted.

I have pictures of the H3's...I'll post next.

http://www.fototime.com/{1AC440FD-F186-4441-AFDC-37E2EDA89101}/picture.JPG

Here's the support vehicles.

http://www.fototime.com/{692B175A-1A66-4BBE-86BB-7D7CB26008CD}/picture.JPG

http://www.fototime.com/{9F7BF76A-A4C0-42BD-BA27-DD3F4A4F69E4}/picture.JPG </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No offense... but why wouldn't GM take a couple of support vehicles a long for the ride? They would be stupid not to. Who goes 4 wheelin without a buddy? Plus that's saying some pretty good stuff about the sonoma and colorado in the pic if they picked those as their support vehicles.... where's the H1's? Just asking since you pointed out the H2's wouldn't have gotten through without the H1's

HummBebe
10-16-2005, 12:53 AM
Here are the comparisons from the HUMMER website"

_____________________H1Alpha____H2________H3_

Ground Clearance _____16 in____9.9 in____9.1 in

Approach (max)________72 in____42.8 in____39.4in

Departure (max)_______37.5 in___40.0 in___36.5in

Breakover (max)_______29 in_____27.5 in___25.0in

Water Fording_________30 in_____20 in____24 in

Side Slope____________40%_______40%______40%

Grade Capacity________60%_______60%_______60%

With these numbers, why would anyone assume that HUMMER would give all the capability to only one of their vehicles???

ckhagman
10-16-2005, 12:07 PM
Here's a question. How does the air ride suspension increase ground clearence. I can understand changing the breakover angle and depart angles but how the ground clearence since you have to measure from the lowest point (the dif)?

HMMWV
10-16-2005, 03:01 PM
Apporach, breakover, departure are angles not a height. Some of the stats on Hummer.com aren't even correct.

The H2 isn't a real HUMMER, it doesn't break down often enough. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

HummBebe
10-16-2005, 04:03 PM
Apporach, breakover, departure are angles not a height. Some of the stats on Hummer.com aren't even correct.

The H2 isn't a real HUMMER, it doesn't break down often enough. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Then where can I find the correct measurements? I had trouble reading the measurements because some of them looked like a "degree" symbol.It was either a degree symbol or an " symbol for inches. If this is the case then any of the angle measurements posted would be in degrees, not inches.

Would that be correct? I'm not sure.

HummBebe
10-16-2005, 04:07 PM
Here's a question. How does the air ride suspension increase ground clearence. I can understand changing the breakover angle and depart angles but how the ground clearence since you have to measure from the lowest point (the dif)?

I don't believe it would change the ground clearance. The air ride suspension would only change the height of the body not the differential. Hence changing breakover, departure and approch angles. Just my logic.

HMMWV
10-16-2005, 07:46 PM
Brochures are your best bet, they seem to be more accurate. Ever since GM took over hummer.com they've always had problems with H1 stats.

The normal H1s had a 35° breakover angle, the Alpha should be the same under the frames and should have more under the rockers.

Yep, angle in degrees °

Then where can I find the correct measurements? I had trouble reading the measurements because some of them looked like a "degree" symbol.It was either a degree symbol or an " symbol for inches. If this is the case then any of the angle measurements posted would be in degrees, not inches.

Would that be correct? I'm not sure.

H2s aren't real, they don't use a Ford key! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

DRTYFN
10-17-2005, 10:12 PM
Try Marine C*nt

Mr. I - Man
10-17-2005, 11:48 PM
Thanks for the late back up! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

H1Hummer Owner
10-22-2005, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by HummBebe:
I drive down Hazel Ave. every morning on my way to Folsom! See ya around http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

PS checked out your ATV site, Very cool, the NCHG guys I mentioned earlier, you may have met on Fordyce???? Say June '04 http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Hey...I just got an email from SteveH. He sent me an invitation. I did meet him previously, at a Rubicon Meeting in Placerville. So if you go...and see a Steve H...he does know me.

HeimenHummer
10-22-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by DRTYFN:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr. I - Man:
Try Marine C*nt </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL!

HummBebe
10-22-2005, 10:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummBebe:

Hey...I just got an email from SteveH. He sent me an invitation. I did meet him previously, at a Rubicon Meeting in Placerville. So if you go...and see a Steve H...he does know me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool,

I'll see them tomorrow!

HummBebe
10-26-2005, 03:03 PM
HiHummerOwner,

Went out with CS, see H3 post.....Wheelin' with Cranky Steve (http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/2671031121/m/3881009341/r/7881049341#7881049341)

H2_Recovery_Team
02-24-2006, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by HummerOfPrey05:
I think they are all junk

H2_Recovery_Team
02-24-2006, 03:24 AM
Even the REAL Hummer owners know that H2's are junk, they even laugh and make jokes about them, not worthy of the Hummer name.

R2
02-24-2006, 03:44 AM
Yup. H2's are nothing but Tahoes and H3s are not even a tahoe.

****ing ****s.

Harley
02-24-2006, 03:53 AM
Shut up, you two...

Alan06SUT
02-25-2006, 10:58 PM
[/QUOTE]
" <span class="ev_code_RED">There's a rumor going around that for 2007, GM will be introducing either a supercharged H3 or a V8 based H3. if that ever comes out, you can bet it will outperform the H1 in any situation.</span>"[/QUOTE]

BS. The h1 will kick both the h2/h3 ass in any type of deep water/mudhole. Ive tried to follow one and so did an h3-- no fukkin way once we both sank to our bellies and spun where his ruts were. Ground clearance and belly sliding are where the h1 is god. I want an H1 and aspire to getting one one day. H3 is good, but w/o a lift and 35's at least, no match for h1.

Alan06SUT
02-25-2006, 11:09 PM

I dont think it divides, Its just peoples opnions. I think its informing to hear other's perspectives and dont think diffrently of them based on their opinions on which is better.

Alan06SUT
02-25-2006, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Alec W:
With H1 guys (and there are a few noted exceptions) they don’t consider either the 2 or 3 a real Hummer. 2 & 3 comparisons are fun and the rivalry is friendly because we are carrying the Hummer name now.

I agree. Arrogance should not get in the way of facts on either side of the fence.

And the h2 is still built at AMG and H3 is not...H3 must not be a real hummer! KIDDING!

Bottom line HUMMERS ARE THE ****, FUKK JEEPS! No other brand can claim to have a higher percentage of their vehilcles actually go off pavement.

Arizona Hummerboy
02-26-2006, 12:26 AM
After going over Large Rock Shelves like this, I think the Hummer H2 is worthy of the Hummer Name.

Arizona Hummerboy
02-26-2006, 12:31 AM
Not bad for H2. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Arizona Hummerboy
02-26-2006, 12:40 AM
Up and over it, I would say it is a HUMMER. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

HMMWV
02-27-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Alan06SUT:I dont think it divides, Its just peoples opnions. I think its informing to hear other's perspectives and dont think diffrently of them based on their opinions on which is better.
The HML is the first HUMMER forum/list. One reason the H2 guys left the HML and came here is because some H1 guys were constantly starting dumb pointless post wars with H2 guys in the H2 section.

KenP
02-27-2006, 05:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alan06SUT:I dont think it divides, Its just peoples opnions. I think its informing to hear other's perspectives and dont think diffrently of them based on their opinions on which is better.
The HML is the first HUMMER forum/list. One reason the H2 guys left the HML and came here is because some H1 guys were constantly starting dumb pointless post wars with H2 guys in the H2 section. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yep. That's why I never visit there. You couldn't ask a question without BS. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

PARAGON
02-27-2006, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Alec W:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HMMWV:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alan06SUT:I dont think it divides, Its just peoples opnions. I think its informing to hear other's perspectives and dont think diffrently of them based on their opinions on which is better.
The HML is the first HUMMER forum/list. One reason the H2 guys left the HML and came here is because some H1 guys were constantly starting dumb pointless post wars with H2 guys in the H2 section. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yep. That's why I never visit there. You couldn't ask a question without BS. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Unlike here where you always get a serious answer http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>64 right hand twist

Alan06SUT
02-27-2006, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by HummBebe:

I don't believe it would change the ground clearance. The air ride suspension would only change the height of the body not the differential. Hence changing breakover, departure and approch angles. Just my logic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From looking at the specs on the hummer web site, the ground clearance is measured under the front skid plate. I think by lifting the back up, it brinks the front skidplate off the ground a tiny little bit. I'll do it at home and see tonight. It would not affect the rear ground clearance though.

Ground hawg
03-01-2006, 01:59 AM
It seems that everybody has a diferent opinion regarding the vehicle they own and the other versions of the hummer. remember If there were still only one version of this great vehicle there would be a lot fewer people able to enjoy the experiances that we all enjoy every day. each vehicle has it's place and following.
I for one would not replace my H1 wagon for either of the other two. If I were to purchase a new hummer it would be the H3 Or if they come out with an H4 i could consider that.
The main diference I see between the H1 and the others is that it was designed by engineers. the H2 and H3 were designed by a stylist, then given to enginees to make them producable.

DRTYFN
03-01-2006, 03:19 PM
I just looked at the Alpha again yesterday and while it does have a certain mystique about it, it's lack of seating comfort and primitive controls are still too much of a deterrent to seriously consider for purchase. I wouldn't look forward to long trips in it like I do with the H2. As for wheeling, the H2 is going everywhere that H1 goes, except deep water crossings(sinkings). I'll also be more than happy to not have to deal with the myriad of mechanical problems that plague the H1.
I am glad that the Alpha I looked at is red and not pewter. Helps keep my head clear.http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

PARAGON
03-01-2006, 06:49 PM
Who is Yal?

Ground hawg
03-01-2006, 10:44 PM
Alec If you can read you would notice that I said I would get the H3 dip****.

NewHummerGuy
03-02-2006, 12:03 AM
Ground Hawg. I just wanted to see if you would elaborate on the following statement:

"The main diference I see between the H1 and the others is that it was designed by engineers. the H2 and H3 were designed by a stylist, then given to enginees to make them producable."

I owned an H3 and now H2. Just curious. Is this the main difference "you" see or is this a proven fact? From my lack of knowledge the H2 and subsequent H3 were "developed" out of a need to allow AMG/GM to continue producing a Hummer brand. Without them I would suspect that Hummer would have fallen off the face of the earth and H1 owners would be left to fabricate parts on their own when needed. H1's do not sell well enough for a company to continue producing them solely. At least thats my observation.

H2's and H3's have in my opinion HELPED the H1. They have (financially) made Hummers more affordable to them thus allowing them to be introduced to the Hummer life. I started with the H3. Then now in the H2. Others like me may then move to the H1 if finances allow.

I just would like to know if your statement is one of opinion or based on facts. I love the vehicles. ALL of them.

Thanks

Ground hawg
03-02-2006, 01:12 AM
The origional Hummer was designed for a spacific purpouse, as a go anywhere vehicle able to carry upto four crew through hostile terain with their equipment and suplies be able to be submerged in water and also air drop and remain functional. this was the directive given to AMG and other companies for the next generation miletery vehicle.

The H2 and H3 on the other hand were given to syylists with the directive take an existing platform vehicle, adapt styling to fit a demograph of people that woild like to be hummer owners but iether do not have or do not wish to spend $100,000+ on that name brand of vehicle.

Ground hawg
03-02-2006, 01:15 AM
I did say "if" meaning that if i were to get another hummer and not want to spend $140k+ then i would get the H3, as it is I dont need another hummer as the one I have i'm more than happy with(despite all the headachs of maintanence)

Vamtac
03-02-2006, 03:52 AM
GM is in trouble. The h2/h3 trucks might just be the answer. The rest of their product line besides the vette is pretty dismal.

NewHummerGuy
03-02-2006, 11:17 AM
"The origional Hummer was designed for a spacific purpouse, as a go anywhere vehicle able to carry upto four crew through hostile terain with their equipment and suplies be able to be submerged in water and also air drop and remain functional."

OK, so i understand you. "Hostile" terrain. By this do you mean war? So i am guessing you have one of the original military humvees. Also i am guessing you must have a military issued humvee because i am pretty damn sure airdropping a "CIVILIAN" H1 will not have the same results as airdropping a military humvee.

You Ground Hawg have an excellent truck in the H1. And others have excellent vehicles with there H2's and H3's. Is the H1 better at things the others are not??? Yes. But this path also goes both ways. I have seen plenty videos and articles where H1's could not do some things H2's could do.

They are all excellent trucks and each has there own rewarding merits. I just wish you would rest your arm as I am afraid you will break it off patting yourself on the back.

Ground hawg
03-02-2006, 11:27 PM
Jeez, I think if you read the rest of the posts you'll find I havent patted myself on the back once.
All i did was answer a question. regarding a vehicle that was engineered to forfill a purpose and one thet was styled to suite a specifice demograph. I think both vehicles are very capable and can go through many places that I have to go round due to the design of the H1 being to wide. I also mentioned that if I were in the position of getting another hummer it would be the H3. this is not due to the performance of the H2 purly a matter of styling tast.

KenP
03-03-2006, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Ground hawg:
Jeez, I think if you read the rest of the posts you'll find I havent patted myself on the back once.
All i did was answer a question. regarding a vehicle that was engineered to forfill a purpose and one thet was styled to suite a specifice demograph. I think both vehicles are very capable and can go through many places that I have to go round due to the design of the H1 being to wide. I also mentioned that if I were in the position of getting another hummer it would be the H3. this is not due to the performance of the H2 purly a matter of styling tast. Good. I'm glad it's not because of performance because I'd stomp your truck.