PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in Life After Death???????

DennisAJC
02-09-2007, 09:35 PM
Be interesting to hear your thoughts on this.

h2co-pilot
02-09-2007, 11:11 PM
When you say black, what do you mean?:fdance:

DennisAJC
02-09-2007, 11:58 PM
When you say black, what do you mean?:fdance:

No not that kind of black.:D

I've always thought of how terrifying it would be during the last few seconds on your deathbed when everything is blacking out and you have no idea if that's the end or if there's something else after.:crying:

h2co-pilot
02-10-2007, 01:04 AM
I dunno. I am not into written religion. I imagine a lot of questions would be answered, if not- blackness, I'm fine with either. I ain't afraid.:D

I know a man who made a pact with a women friend that if either died, one would contact the other if there was life after death with a certain object (I forget what it was- perfume bottle or some crap like that) Anyway- he found it after she died- they never lived together.

I had a friend die when I was in the 9th grade, everyone said he had a crush on me and he was shy. I didn't care much for him but he was nice. Anyway, he and some friends were wrestling around- you know how boys do, and he just died. The autopsy said he had an enlarged heart. I was crying in my room a couple of days later and a perfectly stable and significant picture fell from my wall. I have never told anyone until now.

But then again, I had sobbed for my grandparents many times and have never sensed anything.

DRTYFN
02-10-2007, 01:13 AM
I dunno. I am not into written religion. I imagine a lot of questions would be answered, if not- blackness, I'm fine with either. I ain't afraid.:D

I know a man who made a pact with a women friend that if either died, one would contact the other if there was life after death with a certain object (I forget what it was- perfume bottle or some crap like that) Anyway- he found it after she died- they never lived together.

I had a friend die when I was in the 9th grade, everyone said he had a crush on me and he was shy. I didn't care much for him but he was nice. Anyway, he and some friends were wrestling around- you know how boys do, and he just died. The autopsy said he had an enlarged heart. I was crying in my room a couple of days later and a perfectly stable and significant picture fell from my wall. I have never told anyone until now.

But then again, I had sobbed for my grandparents many times and have never sensed anything.

Thanks for gheying up the place.:twak: :jump:

KenP
02-10-2007, 01:17 AM
deathbed when everything is blacking out Actually it doesn't black out, you see the light.:twak: :p

DRTYFN
02-10-2007, 01:31 AM
Actually it doesn't black out, you see the light.:twak: :p
And baby Jesus rubs canola oil on your elbows so if you were a really big sinner and lied about AE's you can slide into Heaven.:fdance:

wilfred
02-10-2007, 01:57 AM
I don't believe in god nor any religion but strongly believes in another dimension & ghosts, does that make me evil? http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/images/smilies/satan.gif

K9sH3
02-10-2007, 02:00 AM
I worry more about family and friends dieing, than my own death. Basically, I hope there is another better place. If not then oh well, I will be Sh!t out of luck.

Marcmedic
02-10-2007, 02:04 AM
I'm fairly certain that I'm on the express elevator to hell. That's where all the booze and large breasted women with loose morals go anyways.
:D

DRTYFN
02-10-2007, 02:48 AM
You three are my new friends.:beerchug: :jump:

DennisAJC
02-10-2007, 02:52 AM
I'm fairly certain that I'm on the express elevator to hell. That's where all the booze and large breasted women with loose morals go anyways.

And they all sport 10" cocks to sodomize you for eternity.:jump:

DennisAJC
02-10-2007, 03:03 AM
I don't believe in god nor any religion but strongly believes in another dimension & ghosts, does that make me evil? http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/images/smilies/satan.gif

That reminds me of a documentry that really rattled my chain. He said something like this.

Insects like ants live in a 1 dimensional world of consciousness.They are not aware of the world around them or us.

Animals like dogs live in a 2 dimensional world of consciousness they see us but are not self aware.

We all live in a 3 dimensional world. We are self aware but cannot see beyond our dimension like the ant. But there are stories of people seeing ghosts.

Ghost and spirits live in a 4th dimension where they can see all dimensions below and on some occasion, able to contact with the 3rd.

And apparently it goes to like 7 or 8 and comes around in a full circle or figure 8 symbolizing eternity.

BTW, I'll be recruiting at Moab for my newly formed cult.:D

h2co-pilot
02-10-2007, 03:14 AM

No. no. no, Marc's going to hell remember?:giggling: :fdance: ;)

Marcmedic
02-10-2007, 04:10 AM

If that's truly what you think why are you running for my elevator??? :confused:

DennisAJC
02-10-2007, 04:17 AM
If that's truly what you think why are you running for my elevator??? :confused:

:jump:

:fdance:

DennisAJC
02-10-2007, 04:18 AM
No. no. no, Marc's going to hell remember?:giggling: :fdance: ;)

HAHAHA!!! Beotch! Where the hell do I go?:giggling:

K9sH3
02-10-2007, 04:27 AM

In that case hold the door open!!

:jump:

GLBLWARMR
02-10-2007, 05:17 AM
My personal feelings are when I die leave me the fvck alone. I don't need heaven to turn me away or hell to gladly take me. I do not need anymore life once mine is done. Just bury me and don't wonder if I made the afterlife

ssgharkness020147
02-10-2007, 05:54 AM
Once again I side with GLBLWARMR. However, I wonder whose a better bartender: God??? Or the Devil???

DennisAJC
02-10-2007, 06:24 AM
I'm gonna be pleasured by 50 virgins.:jump:

"Oh right! dirka dirka mohammad jihad!"

deserth3
02-10-2007, 06:38 AM
I'm gonna be pleasured by 50 virgins.

I find that somewhat of a contradiction. For them to stay virgins you aren't getting any. :D

Figure I'll find out when I get there. Just hope there's plenty of offroading and the wine is cold.

ssgharkness020147
02-10-2007, 06:47 AM
You need a soul for the afterlife Dennis. :fdance:

I'm gonna be pleasured by 50 virgins.:jump:

"Oh right! dirka dirka mohammad jihad!"

frenzy1
02-10-2007, 08:28 AM
http://www.ubrfvideo.com/goldranger/funny/moron_retarded.jpg

KenP
02-10-2007, 05:49 PM
That reminds me of a documentry that really rattled my chain. He said something like this.

Insects like ants live in a 1 dimensional world of consciousness.They are not aware of the world around them or us.

Animals like dogs live in a 2 dimensional world of consciousness they see us but are not self aware.

We all live in a 3 dimensional world. We are self aware but cannot see beyond our dimension like the ant. But there are stories of people seeing ghosts.

Ghost and spirits live in a 4th dimension where they can see all dimensions below and on some occasion, able to contact with the 3rd.

And apparently it goes to like 7 or 8 and comes around in a full circle or figure 8 symbolizing eternity.

BTW, I'll be recruiting at Moab for my newly formed cult.:DI've always enjoyed conversations with you concerning dimensional theory, but never thought it'd come up here.

The basic idea behind all string theories is that the fundamental constituents of reality are strings of extremely small scale (possibly Planck length, about 10−35 m) which vibrate at specific resonant frequencies. Thus, any particle should be thought of as a tiny vibrating object, rather than as a point. This object can vibrate in different modes (just as a guitar string can produce different notes), with every mode appearing as a different particle (electron, photon etc.). Strings can split and combine, which would appear as particles emitting and absorbing other particles, presumably giving rise to the known interactions between particles.

In addition to strings, this theory also includes objects of higher dimensions, such as D-branes and NS-branes. Furthermore, all string theories predict the existence of degrees of freedom which are usually described as extra dimensions. String theory is thought to include some 10, 11 or 26 dimensions, depending on the specific theory and on the point of view with time being the constant dimension, thus these are known as 9+1, 10+1 and 25+1.

No experimental verification or falsification of the theory has yet been possible, thus leading many experts to turn to one of several alternate models, such as Loop quantum gravity. However, with the construction of the Large Hadron Collider in Geneva, Switzerland scientists may produce relevant data.

wilfred
02-10-2007, 11:05 PM
I've always enjoyed conversations with you concerning dimensional theory, but never thought it'd come up here.

The basic idea behind all string theories is that the fundamental constituents of reality are strings of extremely small scale (possibly Planck length, about 10−35 m) which vibrate at specific resonant frequencies. Thus, any particle should be thought of as a tiny vibrating object, rather than as a point. This object can vibrate in different modes (just as a guitar string can produce different notes), with every mode appearing as a different particle (electron, photon etc.). Strings can split and combine, which would appear as particles emitting and absorbing other particles, presumably giving rise to the known interactions between particles.

In addition to strings, this theory also includes objects of higher dimensions, such as D-branes and NS-branes. Furthermore, all string theories predict the existence of degrees of freedom which are usually described as extra dimensions. String theory is thought to include some 10, 11 or 26 dimensions, depending on the specific theory and on the point of view with time being the constant dimension, thus these are known as 9+1, 10+1 and 25+1.

No experimental verification or falsification of the theory has yet been possible, thus leading many experts to turn to one of several alternate models, such as Loop quantum gravity. However, with the construction of the Large Hadron Collider in Geneva, Switzerland scientists may produce relevant data.

http://forums.maxima.org/images/smilies/wtflol.gif
http://forums.maxima.org/images/smilies/oracle.gif

wpage
02-11-2007, 12:31 AM
You better watch out I'm telling you why...
He's comming to town!

usetosellhummer
02-11-2007, 03:08 AM
I belive in the baby jesus

Marcmedic
02-11-2007, 04:49 AM
I've always enjoyed conversations with you concerning dimensional theory, but never thought it'd come up here.

You stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, didn't you
:jump: :jump: :jump:

K9sH3
02-11-2007, 05:33 AM
http://forums.maxima.org/images/smilies/oracle.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Yeah wtf~ :confused:

DennisAJC
02-11-2007, 06:45 AM

Cuncur:jump:

KenP
02-11-2007, 04:45 PM
http://forums.maxima.org/images/smilies/oracle.gifSorry, Dennis and I often have spirited discussions on different theories, taking differing sides just for the purpose of debate. Let me explain further:

During one arguement, Dennis and I debated two of the most important, yet conflicting laws of physics; he choosing The General Theory of Relativity and myself choosing Quantum Physics.

Inconsistencies arise when one tries to join the quantum laws with general relativity, a more elaborate description of spacetime which incorporates gravitation. Resolving these inconsistencies has been a major goal of twentieth- and twenty-first-century physics. Many prominent physicists, including Stephen Hawking in his book, A Brief History of Time, have labored in the attempt to discover a "Grand Unification Theory" that combines not only different models of subatomic physics, but also defines the universe's four forces--the strong force, weak force, electromagnetism, and gravity--as being different variations of a single force or phenomenon.

It comes down to this, Wilfred: Are all things in nature actually super-tiny bits of strings that are vibrating strands of energy? If so, string theory would merge general relativity and quantum mechanics, and would explain the origin of space, time, and the universe itself. Or is the theory, as some critics claim, just extraordinarily complex mathematics which may have nothing to do with physics and a theory of nothing, not everything? If so, physicists are back to the drawing board in their quest for the Holy Grail of physics—an ultimate theory of everything.

Quite simple, actually.

BlueHUMMERH2
02-11-2007, 11:12 PM
I never had any idea that you were such an intellectual, Ken... No offense, but it's hard to get a read on someone through a forum.

There wasn't an "I don't know" answer Dennis! :p

As for my ponderings:
Right now, I'm sitting in a building with high-powered electron beams below me, and many radiological devices, all of which have the capacity to kill me rather quickly... So I suppose a discussion on life and death is somewhat appropriate.

Anyway, I don't really know. I figure that humans perhaps have an innate desire to live beyond death, whether it be emotional connections to others that we wish to maintain, or maybe the fear of being alone. Or, considering that for many, many years (since ~50,000 years ago) humans have been performing some sort of rituals or giving respect to the deceased, perhaps there is something spiritual out there that we are connected too that other animals are not which maybe has been lost in recent times.

I suppose we would all like to know there was something after death. I think I would be GREATLY relieved if I actually saw a ghost, simply as recognition that there is something beyond our flesh and blood. So I'd probably go running towards it rather than running away... :D But as for now, I don't have an answer. I can only try to live out what I know exists to the fullest, and attempt to take comfort in the fact that millions upon billions of others have passed from this life and into whatever there is after this.

My .02.

lotus4s
02-12-2007, 03:25 AM
Yes I believe in life after death and God, and heaven and hell.

When I look at the wonder and complexity of the human body along with every other creature and system that co-exists in harmony in this world, it's hard for me not to believe in intelligent design. I just can't fathom that it all happened by chance.

I'm sure that many of you with far greater intellect will consider that to be bordering on nonsensical, but for me it makes perfect sense. One thing about it, if I'm wrong so what. But if I'm right, then a bunch of you guys are in for a rude awakening....:eek:

You guys/gals never cease to amaze me though, I can't believe I'm discussing this on this forum.......:giggling:

DennisAJC
02-12-2007, 04:01 AM
I suppose we would all like to know there was something after death. I think I would be GREATLY relieved if I actually saw a ghost, simply as recognition that there is something beyond our flesh and blood.

My .02.

Exactly! I don't understand why there is fear of ghosts or supernatural.

I could stay in a haunted house all night if it would guarantee a ghost sighting. It would also be comforting to know there would be some type of existence after death.

wilfred
02-12-2007, 07:59 AM

+

Sorry, Dennis and I often have spirited discussions on different theories, taking differing sides just for the purpose of debate. Let me explain further:

During one arguement, Dennis and I debated two of the most important, yet conflicting laws of physics; he choosing The General Theory of Relativity and myself choosing Quantum Physics.

Inconsistencies arise when one tries to join the quantum laws with general relativity, a more elaborate description of spacetime which incorporates gravitation. Resolving these inconsistencies has been a major goal of twentieth- and twenty-first-century physics. Many prominent physicists, including Stephen Hawking in his book, A Brief History of Time, have labored in the attempt to discover a "Grand Unification Theory" that combines not only different models of subatomic physics, but also defines the universe's four forces--the strong force, weak force, electromagnetism, and gravity--as being different variations of a single force or phenomenon.

It comes down to this, Wilfred: Are all things in nature actually super-tiny bits of strings that are vibrating strands of energy? If so, string theory would merge general relativity and quantum mechanics, and would explain the origin of space, time, and the universe itself. Or is the theory, as some critics claim, just extraordinarily complex mathematics which may have nothing to do with physics and a theory of nothing, not everything? If so, physicists are back to the drawing board in their quest for the Holy Grail of physics?an ultimate theory of everything.

Quite simple, actually.

= http://forums.maxima.org/images/smilies/deadhorse.gif

http://forums.maxima.org/images/smilies/faint.gif

wilfred
02-12-2007, 08:17 AM

I could stay in a haunted house all night if it would guarantee a ghost sighting. It would also be comforting to know there would be some type of existence after death.

I think it's fear of the unknown. As far as ghosts or supernatural, I think we have to thank hollywood for that. Come on, wouldn't you be scare if you are watching TV or using the computer and someone start crawling out of the screen?http://forums.maxima.org/images/smilies/lamer.gif

I have had quite a few unexplainable encounters. So I know what I am talking about:D

h2co-pilot
02-12-2007, 02:32 PM

Well, if you believed in ghosts it would be fair to say that an encounter you could have would be with a stranger (one you have never met).

I know for a fact that for every live spirit I know there are about 10 weirdos maybe more. No, I'd say 25 weirdos per 1 normal human I have met. That's a 1/25 chance your encountered spirit is a weirdo. I don't like stranger wierdos - live or clinically dead.

So sleeping amoungst weirdos would not be my thing.:D

I think it is naive to think that there is nothing else out in the blackness surrounding the universe but I also think it naive to believe anything that is percieved or written by humans- especially ones without the knowledge collected in the last century even. You must also factor in the 1/25 weirdo ratio, the imagination of children, the psychological and instinctual need of father/parental figures, and societal/political behavior etc.

But, that being said it is also instinctual (designed) for humans to look to/believe in/seek out something higher (as evidence clearly shows throughout human history). Even if you factor in the 1/25 weirdo ratio among past political/societal leaders- the belief/seeking is still there.

So I myself as an unbiased human and looking at things scientifically; have concluded that all energies and elements (known and unknown) are cyclic therefore the psychological spirit (thoughts, knowledge, mind, possibly emotions) may very well be a "tangible" element that in theory would also be cyclic and could very well be cycled unchanged.

But I also think it naive to think that even if that "psychological spirit" were cycled intact and moved beyond our current state to another dimension/plane of new elements, it would be deserving of such knowledge or even possible to convey it. Blackness could be the conclusion but may not conclude anything.

For even if it was possible- the "answer" revealed to the infinite number of spirits- it's purpose and existance in an "all the answers" kind of way, I have a feeling that we/they would seek out the creator of the creating divine.

BKLYNH2
02-12-2007, 04:11 PM
Sorry, Dennis and I often have spirited discussions on different theories, taking differing sides just for the purpose of debate. Let me explain further:

It comes down to this, Wilfred: Are all things in nature actually super-tiny bits of strings that are vibrating strands of energy? If so, string theory would merge general relativity and quantum mechanics, and would explain the origin of space, time, and the universe itself. Or is the theory, as some critics claim, just extraordinarily complex mathematics which may have nothing to do with physics and a theory of nothing, not everything? If so, physicists are back to the drawing board in their quest for the Holy Grail of physics?an ultimate theory of everything.

Quite simple, actually.

Yeah - You guys have just been smoki'n the reefer a lot, haven't you. :giggling:

KenP
02-12-2007, 04:17 PM
Yeah - You guys have just been smoki'n the reefer a lot, haven't you. :giggling:I'm a juicer, not a stoner.:dancingbanana:

DennisAJC
12-04-2007, 02:44 AM
I had an out of body experience while driving home from work. I'm really rattled about it right now.

I was following myself drive home floating about 10 feet above.

This happen to anyone else?

frenzy1
12-04-2007, 07:09 AM
http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/media/1/18.jpg

all goes black !! Hope not ! :jump: :beerchug: :fdance:

frenzy1
12-04-2007, 07:10 AM
I had an out of body experience while driving home from work. I'm really rattled about it right now.

I was following myself drive home floating about 10 feet above.

This happen to anyone else?

must have been some good weed !! :jump: :beerchug: :giggling:

http://www.mehmetjan.com/myspace/comments/myspace-comments/myspace-comments-1/myspace-weed-comments/myspace-weed-comments-5.jpg

RubHer Yellow Ducky
12-04-2007, 05:09 PM

are you saying your a drunk big titted whore ???

RubHer Yellow Ducky
12-04-2007, 05:19 PM
HELL is a Christian concept put there by a bunch of old men a long time ago trying to hold onto their power...they created the Collection Plate so they could retire in STYLE...

There was a Rabbi a long time ago who was asked what was the most important thing in the Torah (the first five books of the Old Testiment), his answer was "DO GOOD" all the rest is commentary...

if you ask me, that answer should apply to all religions...if it did the world would be in a hell of a better shape then it is now..

let everyone "DO GOOD" and do away with all religion...

jmsspratlin
12-04-2007, 06:06 PM
Heaven bound for myself.....

BKLYNH2
12-04-2007, 06:10 PM
When I die I want to be assimilated into Dennis' avatar. :jump:

Agriv8r
12-04-2007, 08:37 PM
20TH ANNIVERSARY is near...i cant wait for hell:clapping:

BKLYNH2
12-04-2007, 08:52 PM
BTW, I'll be recruiting at Moab for my newly formed cult.:D
Are there pikers in the afterlife? :giggling: :giggling: :giggling: :giggling:

Mr. I - Man
12-04-2007, 09:34 PM
The Law of Conservation of Energy states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, but can change its form.

All living being have and produce some sort of electrical current(energy) running through them. When you die it goes away.

Question where does it go??

Why do areas that are supposedly haunted have high EMF(electro magnetic field) readings?

I say theres got to be another plane or dimension.

And there is going to be some weird sh*t happening (Christians call it Judgment Day) when the earth magnetic poles flip flop again and according to scientist we are 20 years past due for one.
http://www.psc.edu/science/glatzmaier.html

A shift in the poles will cause tides to become unstable, EMF fields will be out of wack thus perhaps releasing a lot of spirts, ghosts energy what ever you want to call it.

Just a theory. From a guy who believes in Scientific fact rather than Faith.

And no I'm an not a fvcking Scientologist:D

SnakeH2
12-04-2007, 10:13 PM
let everyone "DO GOOD" and do away with all religion...

You start...:popcorn:

DennisAJC
12-04-2007, 10:56 PM
Are there pikers in the afterlife? :giggling: :giggling: :giggling: :giggling:

Tim will be welcomed with open arms. If he showed.:clapping:

DennisAJC
12-04-2007, 11:00 PM
The Law of Conservation of Energy states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, but can change its form.

All living being have and produce some sort of electrical current(energy) running through them. When you die it goes away.

Question where does it go??

Why do areas that are supposedly haunted have high EMF(electro magnetic field) readings?

I say theres got to be another plane or dimension.

And there is going to be some weird sh*t happening (Christians call it Judgment Day) when the earth magnetic poles flip flop again and according to scientist we are 20 years past due for one.
http://www.psc.edu/science/glatzmaier.html

A shift in the poles will cause tides to become unstable, EMF fields will be out of wack thus perhaps releasing a lot of spirts, ghosts energy what ever you want to call it.

Just a theory. From a guy who believes in Scientific fact rather than Faith.

And no I'm an not a fvcking Scientologist:D

Very interesting.

For us to claim we know everything about life and the way the Universe works is utterly ridiculous. There is a purpose for our existence.

Unless we're just a lab experiment that aliens started a long time ago.:clapping:

Big Dad
12-04-2007, 11:08 PM
Wait the fuk a minute, if what you guys say is true...what about the prime directive?

:mad:

Mr. I - Man
12-04-2007, 11:12 PM
Very interesting.

For us to claim we know everything about life and the way the Universe works is utterly ridiculous. There is a purpose for our existence.

Unless we're just a lab experiment that aliens started a long time ago.:clapping:

Purpose for our existence? That is just more evidence of the worst human behavior trait-The Ego.

Hell we thought we were the center of the universe and the sun revolved around us. Until science proved our ego's wrong.:fdance:

DennisAJC
12-04-2007, 11:15 PM
Purpose for our existence? That is just more evidence of the worst human behavior trait-The Ego.

Hell we thought we were the center of the universe and the sun revolved around us. Until science proved our ego's wrong.:fdance:

Ya, but the Earth is still flat.

DennisAJC
12-04-2007, 11:18 PM
Wait the fuk a minute, if what you guys say is true...what about the prime directive?

:mad:

The prime Directive is a problem. Not only is it easy to violate the Prime Directive; in fact, it is hard not to violate it. Almost any action taken by Starfleet, ranging from tentative exploration to outright colonization, is by definition a violation of the Prime Directive. this is through no fault of any starship captain. It is because the Prime Directive is not only an unattainable ideal but also a scientific impossibility. Behind the Prime Directive is the idea that it is possible to observe a society without actually affecting it. Seen this way, the Prime Directive constitutes a violation of one of Star Trek's favorite scientific principles: the Heisenberg Uncertanty Principle. The Heisenberg Uncertanty Principle states that observers always interfere with the things that they are observing. Even a hidden observer creates a disturbance. The interferance may be small or it may be great, but it is everpresent and it can be measured. If we believe Heisenberg (as the series does), we must admit that the Prime Directive is founded on a scientific impossibility. Maintaining a perfect distance is simply not possible in a universe where all actions, however remote, have consequences. No observation is or can be neutral. Observers are necessarily participants. Wherever Starfleet goes in the galaxy, it must act to limit the damage inevitably caused by its own powers of observation. Violating the Prime Directive is thus not a matter of principal but of degree.

ssgharkness020147
12-04-2007, 11:40 PM
Because they fuk with you.

Exactly! I don't understand why there is fear of ghosts

DennisAJC
12-05-2007, 01:12 AM
Because they fuk with you.

Ya but at least you'll have proof. :D

devilsfan
12-05-2007, 03:13 AM
Well, we already know who has ALL the answers. :jump:

Big Dad
12-05-2007, 04:36 AM
The prime Directive is a problem. Not only is it easy to violate the Prime Directive; in fact, it is hard not to violate it. Almost any action taken by Starfleet, ranging from tentative exploration to outright colonization, is by definition a violation of the Prime Directive. this is through no fault of any starship captain. It is because the Prime Directive is not only an unattainable ideal but also a scientific impossibility. Behind the Prime Directive is the idea that it is possible to observe a society without actually affecting it. Seen this way, the Prime Directive constitutes a violation of one of Star Trek's favorite scientific principles: the Heisenberg Uncertanty Principle. The Heisenberg Uncertanty Principle states that observers always interfere with the things that they are observing. Even a hidden observer creates a disturbance. The interferance may be small or it may be great, but it is everpresent and it can be measured. If we believe Heisenberg (as the series does), we must admit that the Prime Directive is founded on a scientific impossibility. Maintaining a perfect distance is simply not possible in a universe where all actions, however remote, have consequences. No observation is or can be neutral. Observers are necessarily participants. Wherever Starfleet goes in the galaxy, it must act to limit the damage inevitably caused by its own powers of observation. Violating the Prime Directive is thus not a matter of principal but of degree.

Hey thanks Dennis! I'm putting the finishing touches on a Biology paper that centers on:

Conservation scientists advocate, whenever feasible, the establishment of migration corridors between biological reserves.

I needed to top it off with my take on possible interference from observations.

Hmmm, I think that Heisenberg and his Uncertainty Principle might just get me an "A" on it!

Here's to you!

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
:beerchug:

DennisAJC
12-05-2007, 04:50 AM
Hey thanks Dennis! I'm putting the finishing touches on a Biology paper that centers on:

Conservation scientists advocate, whenever feasible, the establishment of migration corridors between biological reserves.

I needed to top it off with my take on possible interference from observations.

Hmmm, I think that Heisenberg and his Uncertainty Principle might just get me an "A" on it!

Here's to you!

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
:beerchug:

Oh you're so getting kicked out of class now.:jump:

KenP
12-05-2007, 03:05 PM
The prime Directive is a problem. Not only is it easy to violate the Prime Directive; in fact, it is hard not to violate it. Almost any action taken by Starfleet, ranging from tentative exploration to outright colonization, is by definition a violation of the Prime Directive. this is through no fault of any starship captain. It is because the Prime Directive is not only an unattainable ideal but also a scientific impossibility. Behind the Prime Directive is the idea that it is possible to observe a society without actually affecting it. Seen this way, the Prime Directive constitutes a violation of one of Star Trek's favorite scientific principles: the Heisenberg Uncertanty Principle. The Heisenberg Uncertanty Principle states that observers always interfere with the things that they are observing. Even a hidden observer creates a disturbance. The interferance may be small or it may be great, but it is everpresent and it can be measured. If we believe Heisenberg (as the series does), we must admit that the Prime Directive is founded on a scientific impossibility. Maintaining a perfect distance is simply not possible in a universe where all actions, however remote, have consequences. No observation is or can be neutral. Observers are necessarily participants. Wherever Starfleet goes in the galaxy, it must act to limit the damage inevitably caused by its own powers of observation. Violating the Prime Directive is thus not a matter of principal but of degree.I recalled a TNG episode entitled, "Homeward" where the crew encounters Worf's foster brother, Nikolai Rozhenko (played by Paul Sorvino), who is under Federation authority to observe Boraal II, an M class planet currently in the process of an atmospheric catastrophe. When Nikolai transports aboard the Enterprise, he meets with Picard and the senior staff in hopes of convincing Picard to help these people by transporting them to another habitable planet. However, Picard does not agree and states that it would be a direct violation of the Prime Directive. Before long, they all observe the planet from the bridge and watch as Borall II's atmosphere darkens, devoid of any life. Suddenly, the Enterprise experiences a power drain, originating from the Holodeck. Worf goes to investigate the cause when he attempts to open the doors to the Holodeck, but discovers that not even his security password can bypass the lock. The lock is opened from inside to reveal Nikolai. He had taken the initiative to transport the Boraalans on an identical camping site on the ship while they were sleeping. He designs the program in the Holodeck to make it appear that the Boraalans are traveling to a habitable place on the planet that they are no longer on. The surface of the new planet will be their stopping point. Seeing that he has no choice in the matter, Picard takes the Boraalans to another habitable planet.