View Full Version : SUT Bed Rail

brave313
02-12-2007, 02:13 PM
Could any one tell me where to find a bed rail for the SUT

Thanks
Darrell

SUT NEIL
02-13-2007, 03:31 AM
There are three or four sets of the SMA billet aluminum bed rails for sale on ebay right now. In looking into the specifics concerning same they are made for sut's "without" the tonneau cover only. Accordingly, I am disappointed because there does'nt seem to be any mods I could make to these to retrofit these to the tonneau cover and have them look good, be secure, and not to allow water leakage into the bed. If anyone has any ideas I'd sure like to hear.

brave313
02-13-2007, 06:57 AM
Thanks

Do you have pics of your ride

HummBob
02-13-2007, 11:17 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hummer-SUT-Bed-Rails-by-SMA-Chrome-Billet_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42611QQihZ019QQi temZ290080774760QQrdZ1

brave313
02-14-2007, 06:49 AM
There are three or four sets of the SMA billet aluminum bed rails for sale on ebay right now. In looking into the specifics concerning same they are made for sut's "without" the tonneau cover only. Accordingly, I am disappointed because there does'nt seem to be any mods I could make to these to retrofit these to the tonneau cover and have them look good, be secure, and not to allow water leakage into the bed. If anyone has any ideas I'd sure like to hear.

They shoud fit on the rails.not the cover. I think there is enought room for them to fit and the cover still close. I want pick up my truck until Friday so I can say for sure yet. I am going to purchase a set of the rails anyway and see what needs to be done to them or can I manifacture some. I have a good fabrication shop

Thanks

SUT NEIL
02-14-2007, 05:59 PM
Brave313:

I don't think ther is enough space between the edge of the tonneau cover and the edge of the bed rail to mount these to the bed rail. There's only about 0.75 of an inch at best. That's why I thought that I'd only be able to mount these to the tonneau cover in the same manner that the gobi bed rack mounts to the tonneau - bolted to the tonneau with a steel or aluminum backing bar mounted on the inside of the tonneau. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!