PDA

View Full Version : soft top bed-rack options

RonB
06-14-2004, 02:32 PM
Hi guys,
I'm looking at different options for a bed-rack/spare tire mount for a '97 soft top. I've found a few out there (very few), but not some of the one's I've seen on this forum (particularly this green one).

Does anyone know whose rig this is and/or where they got the bed-rack? Or any other options for rear storage that you have experience with and love would be appreciated.

thanks

Ron

RonB
Hi guys,
I'm looking at different options for a bed-rack/spare tire mount for a '97 soft top. I've found a few out there (very few), but not some of the one's I've seen on this forum (particularly this green one).

Does anyone know whose rig this is and/or where they got the bed-rack? Or any other options for rear storage that you have experience with and love would be appreciated.

thanks

Ron

RonB
Hi guys,

thanks

Ron

ckhagman
06-14-2004, 06:01 PM
I am not trying to hurt anyones feelings but that truck used to be owned by a guy on the HML. Go there and post that information. His name is Clark and from what I remember he had that custom built. also you can look at www.rubberduck4x4.com (http://www.rubberduck4x4.com) for another option.

Fistville
06-15-2004, 04:03 AM
well dude, look at the picture, i think that is a woman driving.

ckhagman
06-15-2004, 10:47 AM
Yes, sorry. I do not know Clarke's girlfriends name.

ssgharkness020147
06-16-2004, 02:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fistville:
well dude, look at the picture, i think that is a woman driving. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would you please try to make the vocabulary of this forum not sound like a bunch of 7'th grade boys trying to look cool in front of a bunch of 8'th grade girls.

RonB
06-16-2004, 01:04 PM
thanks for the info. I'm not sure what or where the HML is though.

I'm familiar with Travis' work at Rubberduck...I have his undercarriage protection on my H2 (soon to be for sale?!) it is very nice/beefy (+ he's a great guy). I like his bed/rack but I'd rather have something that allows for full use of the bed (I have alot of equipment I carry for work and I'm reluctant to buy something I have to remove/replace all the time).

And about the line the lovely young lady is taking...perhaps it is merely a photo-op?

thanks again,
Ron B

Beastmaster
06-16-2004, 06:38 PM
I can guarantee you that it's not a photo op. The driver shown in the picture is a good friend of my wife's and has been wheeling for a while. She's a ballsy driver off road. I've seen it for myself.

The Hummer shown is formerly owned by Beth Foley, a long time Hummer H1 owner. She and her Boyfriend (Clarke Ferber, 2000 H1 Mesa Dusk Slantback) live in Phoenix.

She had the bed rack fabbed by 4 Wheelers Supply and Off Road in Phoenix, AZ. It was a custom job in which it gave clearance for the hard cover bed lid. Her truck was a highly modified 1999 with lockers, SMA D-Ring Brush Guard, a boat load of Hella lamps, and Hutchinson two piece rims.

The top end of the rack had enough rack space to provide storage for a spare tire, a Hi-Lift, and Diesel cans.

For another picture of the same truck and the bed rack, go here:
http://www.azhog.org/Sedona_September2003/IMG_1009.JPG

Note: Beth now owns a 2001 Black H1 Wagon. She sold her Open Top and purchased the wagon to make more room for the Soccer Mom necessities. The jumpseat has a custom fabbed 4 point harness set for the kids to use while off road.

Beastmaster
06-16-2004, 06:42 PM
The HML is the Hummer Mailing List, in existence since 1996.

Not to publish competing website information here, but the web URL is www.humvee.net (http://www.humvee.net) .

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RonB:
thanks for the info. I'm not sure what or where the HML is though. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

RonB
06-17-2004, 01:20 PM
Beastmaster,
thank you for all the info as well as the additional picture. If my purchase works out I may give 4 Wheelers Supply a call.

Ron B

Fistville
06-18-2004, 03:30 AM
It was a joke man. And I'm not a 7th grader trying to impress an 8th. Im a senior trying to impress a freshman in college. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

GeneseeMtn
01-06-2005, 10:27 PM
Ron - Travis (aka Rubber Duck) makes the bed racks. His # is 513-863-0231. Tell him I referred you - he's a great guy & one of the best H1 off-roaders there is.

Shawn from Angry Iron
01-07-2005, 04:52 AM
Here is the one I offer

http://www.angryiron.com/Slanttire%20copy13.jpg