PDA

View Full Version : New audio system.Need some help.

tonybud
02-16-2007, 12:15 AM
Just bought some Jl audio equip. 500/1, 300/1, and a stealthbox w/a 12"w6.
I have several questions if you can bear with me.

Was thinking about running 4gauge wire from the battery to a distribution block under my back seat. Then 8 gauge to both amps. Is this sufficient?

Thinking about removing the stock bose door speakers since I bought this 300/4 for mids and highs. Whats involved in removing the door speakers and perhaps the tweeters in the A-pillar.Is this Difficult?

Any recommendations on the mids and highs. Looking at jl audio xr or vr. Do I go with components or coaxials???

Also how do I begin to remove the dash so I can access the radio?

And where is a good ground for the amps? Do I drill into the floor and secure the ground with a large screw???

I know its a lot of questions, but it seems the dickheads at the install places dont tell you a lot because they want the labor. I was quoted 700.00 for labor at this place called music and motion here in chicago. Thats outragous!!!
Thank You if anyone can answer these questions.

rocketw19
02-19-2007, 08:10 PM
bro you asked so many question i dont think you will get someone here to anwser all of them. but i will help you on this $700 bucks for door speakers stealth box and amps is a very fair price. this will take you forever to do. the reason i say forever is you are askin how to take the dash apart. its simple the bolts are right in your face, unscrew them. if you have alot of free time them go for it.

blockrockin
02-19-2007, 08:18 PM
i sent you a pm with lots of info on how to do it , but i never heard back so i guess you figured it out?? maybe..