PDA

View Full Version : Desperately need help regarding roof rack...

frankenfish
02-16-2007, 04:29 PM
I recently purchased a PackaSport Rooftop Carrier for the H2 and need to remove the endcaps of my crossbars to slide the carriage bolts in. I just realized I need a key to do this which I never got or can't find. I can easily remove the rubber strip that goes down the crossbars but need to get the endcaps off in order to slide the bolts in. I was told I can order another key but it takes several days and I need to get the PackaSport on by Monday. Any helpful ideas would be muchly appreciated. Thanks.

DDWH
02-16-2007, 04:35 PM
Go to your local dealer, they always have lots of sets of keys laying around....they might even give you a set for free;)

frankenfish
02-16-2007, 04:55 PM
They asked me for the number on the lock and said the key would have to be ordered. I got the impression that there was not a master key at the dealership?

DDWH
02-16-2007, 05:00 PM
I don't think there are that many combos for the locks, not like a door, etc. They should have plenty of keys laying around for the rigs on the lot and or spares. Just roll in and get someone to help you or go to another dealer. My local dealer has a whole box full of keys.

frankenfish
02-16-2007, 06:23 PM
okay, thanks for the help!