PDA

View Full Version : mirrors broken?

xjan
02-21-2007, 03:10 PM
I have a friend who took his car to a shop to get some speakers installed. Then what happened was the workers there manually folded the mirrors to be on the safe side manouvering the H2 in (I think he has a 2006 model). Now the folding of the mirrors works no more.

How to test if it is just mis-aligned and can be made to work, or is something really broken - a motor inside or smth? I found some info here about mirrors, but it covers mostly the issue of the folding not working anymore thanks to corrosion etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

MattRoberts123
02-21-2007, 03:48 PM
had the same problem once... usually they just slipped off their gear... try pulling or pushing on them a little while using the fold out or fold in button...

when I did this, you could feel the mirror catch back on the gear and everything was fine then.

Boar-Ral
02-22-2007, 05:58 PM
If you are unable to repair the mirrors yourself, ask the company that performed the work if they have insurance. I have had a couple things break when having work performed at car audio installers, and they have insurance to cover things like that, and they took care of the repairs.

drmiles
02-22-2007, 07:09 PM
Use the automatic folding and unfolding feature 3 times this should fix the problem. If not your dealer should replace it under warranty

partsguy
02-22-2007, 07:24 PM
Both at one time is unheard of for the 2006 new style mirrors.They my not cover it,go after the installer.

If you had the older mirrors any dealer would replace both in a heart beat.