PDA

View Full Version : Friends of the Rubicon Annual Meeting

HummBebe
02-25-2007, 02:37 AM
Just returned from the Friends of the Rubicon Annual meeting.

There are three big projects this year.

Cadillac Hill:

Fixing the erosion caused by the bypass, then blocking the bypass.

This wiil include hauling rock from Barker Pass Rd. to the potato patch and the mud hole.

Re routing the water run off at Miller Creek (the big tree root section)

Big Sluice:

shoring upwhere the side of the trail is eroding and moving off to the side

Repairing the erosion of the first turn into the sluice

Buck Island Lake:

Blocking the bypass that goes down to the Lake, (this is actually the old trail and should no longer be used for water quality reasons)

Repairing the trail to the left by correcting the large fin, which causes many rollovers and is no longer safe for the majority of users.

The focus of the FOTR this year will be on Education, Route Designation Process, Sanitation, and Water Quality.

HUMMER received many accolades for the time and donations to the FOTR and the Rubicon Trail Foundation. I was proud to be there as a representative of HUMMER owners.

Among the donations received from the "Across the Rubicon" video, the Marketing and Engineering Divisions of GM.

I would like to thank on behalf of the FOTR, HUMMER of Sacramento, for donating several employees who participated in the August work weekend last year.

They worked their butts off and had the blisters to prove it.

It is my goal to have a group of HUMMER owners at each of the above mentioned work weekends.

Please contact me if you are interested in participating in the care an maintenance of one of the most prestigious trails in the nation.

Bebe

HummBebe
02-25-2007, 03:15 AM
PS...

Merlin said to say HI ! :clapping:

K9sH3
02-25-2007, 06:12 AM
Ahem.... You know what good for that?

Ameretto! Makes your throat feel so much better.. :p

:beerchug:

Sewie
02-25-2007, 07:07 AM
PS...

Merlin said to say HI ! :clapping:

What about his buddy? ;)

Good job Beebs. Those spots at Cadillac and the top of Big Sluice were a bitch. Glad to see they're going to get some attention.

DRTYFN
02-25-2007, 08:29 AM
Make sure to post up the dates when they get set.

RubHer Yellow Ducky
02-25-2007, 02:45 PM
Bebe, I know I can't contribute physical help from here in Miami but if you or anyone else out there can send me info about organizing some sort of fund raising activity here in south florida to support you all out there, please do.

RYD

HummBebe
02-25-2007, 03:28 PM
What about his buddy? ;)

Good job Beebs. Those spots at Cadillac and the top of Big Sluice were a bitch. Glad to see they're going to get some attention.
Sadly, Merlins partner Harvey, is battling Cancer. Merlin seemed really tore up about it, but Harvey is bound and determined to be Merlins trail partner again this summer. :(

DRTYFN
02-25-2007, 10:33 PM
Partner? :confused: Not that kind of partner, is it?

HummBebe
02-26-2007, 01:37 AM
Partner? :confused: Not that kind of partner, is it?

As in Law Enforcement "Partner" :D

HummBebe
02-26-2007, 01:56 AM
Thank you to those that have responded.

It would be great if we could get some volunteers for the June 22-23rd weekend.

It is not necessary to drive the trail to work on the trail. Many people hike in or ride in with other vehicles.

Donations in the Name of Elcova Hummer Forums would be appreciated too. But I would like to propose a fundraiser for that.

Donating items to the workforce helps as well. Water, food, shovels, mosquito repellant...all is appreciated.

In the next few days, I'll be starting a new fundraiser for the Rubicon Trail Foundation.

Stay tuned.:popcorn:

timgco
02-26-2007, 02:03 AM
I exhausted after a day of doing......ZERO. THat;s my comment. :giggling:

I think it;s gret idea of your involvement and efforts. If I lived up there, i would make an effort to be there and get people invloved as well.

Your team up there deserves a new sign that sais HUMMER HELPED KEEP THIS TRAIL OPEN! And than get some $assistance$ from HUMMER. Maybe you already have.

Good job Bebe.

NEOCON1
02-26-2007, 02:05 AM
save the trails :perfect10s:

DRTYFN
02-26-2007, 02:12 AM
As in Law Enforcement "Partner" :D
Just making sure. :jump:

HummBebe
02-26-2007, 02:12 AM
I exhausted after a day of doing......ZERO. THat;s my comment. :giggling:

I think it;s gret idea of your involvement and efforts. If I lived up there, i would make an effort to be there and get people invloved as well.

Your team up there deserves a new sign that sais HUMMER HELPED KEEP THIS TRAIL OPEN! And than get some $assistance$ from HUMMER. Maybe you already have.

Good job Bebe.
HUMMER has commited to donating the same amount of $$ this year, if not more.

If you CO peeps ever get into trouble and need help w/any of your trails....you know the girl to ask:D

I like the sign idea.

They are considering dividing up the trail for adoption. Maybe the Elcova peeps would like to adopt a part of the Rubicon???:jump:

Sewie
02-26-2007, 04:47 AM
Sadly, Merlins partner Harvey, is battling Cancer. Merlin seemed really tore up about it, but Harvey is bound and determined to be Merlins trail partner again this summer. :(

Is Harvey the one that was giving us sh*t at first? That's who I was referring to. Either way, sucks about the cancer. :(

dochummer
02-26-2007, 08:16 AM
Wish I lived closer. Keep us updated on any fundraisers to help out...

f5fstop
02-27-2007, 12:42 AM
Maybe get some of the aftermarket suppliers to donate some equipment, then have a Elcova auction with the proceeds going toward the Rubicon. We did this on the Corvette Forum each year for St. Jude, and I still get involved with that charity.