PDA

View Full Version : CTIS Problem

brandash10
02-28-2007, 05:11 AM
I have what seems like a slow leak in the two front tires of my H1. I have read similar posts which said to disconnect the valves. I went to do that and read the booklet that came with my hummer but the valves and parts described and drawn in the booklet do not look anything like the parts on the wheels of my hummer. Mine look like the hoses from the compressor that connects to the tires do not have a disconnect rather are attached wit some type of nut and bolt. Anyone have any clue why this is so different than what the book shows and any ideas on how to fix the problem? I already sprayed all the hoses and tires with water and saw and heard nothing.

Ground hawg
02-28-2007, 01:31 PM
send pictures so we can see what your looking at. :shhh:

Ground hawg
02-28-2007, 02:00 PM
hope this picture show's what you have. if not then it could be something that the last owner did as a fix!!

brandash10
02-28-2007, 06:36 PM
The above picture is what I was hoping it looked like but it looks nothing like that. I was thinking the last owner might have done something to it. The owner was Vin Baker the professional basketball player and he did a lot of upgrades. I took it to a few places and they all said it looked like he had put at least 60K in upgrades inside and outside. I will try to get digital pictures up.

brandash10
03-07-2007, 04:39 AM
The above picture is what I was hoping it looked like but it looks nothing like that. I was thinking the last owner might have done something to it. The owner was Vin Baker the professional basketball player and he did a lot of upgrades. I took it to a few places and they all said it looked like he had put at least 60K in upgrades inside and outside. I will try to get digital pictures up.

Here are the pictures I wanted to put up to see if I could get some help.

Ground hawg
03-07-2007, 03:44 PM
Ok, the pictures you show are the CTIS supply lines. they go from the back of the hubs to a T connector. if they leak you'll need to replace them. not to difficult a job.
the CTIS disconect is on the out side of wheel. the hose you show in picture is on inside of wheel. in center of wheel under the CTIS cover you will see a brass nut with a square brass fitting that then connects to the valve stem area via a hose. on the top of the suare conectir next to the nut you well see a small metal tab. press this in and the square portion should move away from the nut by about 1/4 inch. when this is done your tire is disconectedto remove the tire you need to undo the brass nut first. ill post some pictures for you when i get off work this evening

brandash10
03-08-2007, 03:48 AM
I opened up the hub and here are now the pictures of what I have connected. It still doesn't quite look like the picture you had. I think I found the leak and by pressing the metal tab it sounds like even more air is rushing out than before. The leak was coming from where the metal tab is to disconnect them. As the picture shows the middle of the tire there is a brass nut and that is where the leak is. I don't know but I think this might be a little too complicated for me, i might need to take it into a dealer even though they said they probably won't know what to do.

Ground hawg
03-08-2007, 06:33 PM
go to the dealer and get the part, if you can use a wrench it will take you about 5min to change the part your self.

HUMTECH
03-17-2007, 10:36 PM
another common leak point most cant find is the ctis spindle seal. To check this remove geared hub vent hose and check for air escaping geared hub. Seal is located inside steering arm cover.