PDA

View Full Version : z height?

CBR_Raven
03-09-2007, 12:15 AM
what exactly does adjusting the z height consist of? also, will i need an alignment after the adjustment or is the alignment all part of the adjustment?

Ernie Italy
03-09-2007, 04:41 PM
the pics do not represent the lower arms...

CBR_Raven
03-09-2007, 04:46 PM
the alignment is what i was worried about in doing this. ok, well, my next ? is...how does this affect the rear air suspension and how much should it cost to get this calibrated with the computer programmer at the dealership.

here is my problem...after having the 2" torsion key lift installed at a local 4x4 shop, they could not get my H2 to level out. these torsion keys were suppose to give my H2 up to 2" of height from stock but one side of the truck only allows about 3/4" lift adjustment and the other side allows more. the first thing they thought was that one of my torsion bars was bent but i purchased a new tosion bar and it still was the same. one side of the truck seems to adjust higher than the other and the truck is uneven at all four corners. they could not figure out what the problem was and they told me to take it to the dealer to have it checked out and see if anything could be wrong with the truck. however, i want to get an idea of what i'm dealing with before i go to the dealer because i'm not sure what the dealer will charge to figure out the problem.

CBR_Raven
03-09-2007, 09:59 PM
It is unlikely that you actually needed the +2 keys, but it is not uncommon to have different heights either side. Not sure why, maybe frame related, but I've come across this a few times.

Regarding rasing the front, this makes for a good read;

http://www.trailduty.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=36&products_id=360

thanks PhilD, that's a good read...i wish i would have known that before i spent money on those new torsion keys and a new torsion bar

cmd
03-17-2007, 10:17 PM
:confused: Interesting, i am trying to figure out why i can't get my truck to level out also?, checked z height in front, truck sits strange a 1" higher approx in the rear than the front and uneven form corner to corner, looks jacked in the rear which i do not like, let us know how you make out.