PDA

View Full Version : 2007 H2 Flowmaster Kit

genob
03-12-2007, 01:58 PM
hey all,

I received my Flowmaster American Thunder kit for the H2 last week. It says that it works for H2's up to 2006.

Since mine was a 2007, I called Flowmaster and they told me that they haven't tried it on my model yet, and it "may" work.

So I took the exhaust kit to a muffler shop and most of the kit worked except the resonator pipe. There was a size (diameter) difference where the stock pipes connected to the resonator. Plus he said there wasn't enough space. So he had to fab a new pipe where the resonator would of connected...

The exhaust sounds great! It's loud and makes the v8 sound like a V8!

It's fun to pull up next to the ricers :) They get scared when they hear a real engine!

The whole install cost around $150.00 at my local muffler shop. One place (a 'speed' shop) wanted to charge me $700.00 for the install... HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA I lauged all the way out of the parking lot....

Just my 2 cents!!!

geno

GasGuzzler
03-13-2007, 08:13 PM
Where did you buy your Flowmaster kit and how much did you pay? Wouldn't it be the same if you swap out just the muffler rather than the entire system?

http://performance.thepartsbin.com/brand.php?makeid=28&modelid=283&year=2003&partid=25

genob
03-14-2007, 04:34 PM
i bought the entire kit for $399.00 from summit racing.

i'm sure you can just replace the muffler (i've read around here that people have just replaced the muffler and it sounds great!)... i had them use the kit because of the tailpipe assembly. i wanted the chrome tip exposed instead of the hidden away pipe.

btw: mine came with the flowmaster 50hd muffler. it has a "classy" sort of rumble to it... not super obnoixious.

GasGuzzler
03-14-2007, 05:56 PM
Hi Genob

THX for the advise! I will get the 50HD. --Guzzler

i bought the entire kit for $399.00 from summit racing.

i'm sure you can just replace the muffler (i've read around here that people have just replaced the muffler and it sounds great!)... i had them use the kit because of the tailpipe assembly. i wanted the chrome tip exposed instead of the hidden away pipe.

btw: mine came with the flowmaster 50hd muffler. it has a "classy" sort of rumble to it... not super obnoixious.