PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Supercharged??

Tallowood_Air
03-16-2007, 08:11 PM
the other day I happened to notice that my MPG is down into the 7's

Tried cruising at different speeds: 70, 75, 80, ect, with different results...

seemed like the best I could do was around 70. and just barley into double digits..

so, what, if anything can i do to get further between fillups, while still driving 85?

running 37" tires, "stock" radix, headers, cats, mufflers, k&n,

Maybe this is a stupid uestion, but I want to clarify... This isn't a question of money, just convience. I'd like to get further than 225 miles on a tank...

perhaps a different program?
more boost?

suggestions?

ttkresurfacing
03-17-2007, 06:40 AM
Not real sure what the issue is. I have 35" tires, headers, magnuson with 3.1 pully, Nelson tuning, electric fans, gibson exhaust, and I get atleast 12.4 no matter what. (Driving in mountains, city, towing...) If I stay around 75 on cruise I get 14.4 or better.

Tim

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
03-17-2007, 08:53 AM
I would recommend talking to your Tuner. If You run Nelson's tune ask Him. It could be shift points that are not quite right for Your rig. Many things can cause problems when you SC. If You have the tune that came with kit then I would talk to Allen and get his feed back. So many tweaks that can be done which even at 5lbs. of boost I would go to a custom tune. If you enjoy learning and knowing how tuning works so you could a laptop under seat to be scanning all the time or leave it in the seat to read.

You could go with a permanent smallish like cigar box size PC on board so that you can get to anytime. If You have touch screen and after you have learned tuning let PC bootup after starting automatically with every start. You can go back and read what was scanned. If you include a DVD/CDRW burner or make sure you have a USB port and hook up an external hard drive then You can make a copy of file and take more time to check for it.

The program you buy like i use HPTURNERS.com software for many reasons, it does the job real well but, the best or easiest is not usually the cheapest. You will like that support with HPTUNERS and the best thing is they have a real nice onwers forum that You can many times get answers You need or You spark a challenge among them to find You and answer.

Hope this helps. It is a starting point anyway.

TAZ