PDA

View Full Version : NEW SIDE MIRROR INSTALL QUESTIONS *HELP WITH INSTALL*

diamondh2
03-20-2007, 10:14 PM
Hello to all, I just bought the "new style" side mirrors for my 03' H2. Couple of questions:

1. What is the proper way to remove the door panel(s) to be able to install these mirrors (more specific the better)

2. I have quite a bit of rattles and squeeks along the door panel area, especially the drivers side, which I believe is a very common problem with our H2's. Question is, since I have the panels removed, can anyone suggest anything to put inside the door panel to quite things up...before I put them back on?????

Thanks!!!!!!

lonePalm
03-21-2007, 02:06 AM
If you tear the plastic under the door panel Tape it back up to try and prevent anything rubbing that may be loose. The door panels make more noise pulling them off so dont worry! unscrew the screws that hold the door handel bucket in and then pull gently on the bottom of the door( use alittle force) once the bottom pulls out, hold it out and slide the door panel up along the window, remember all your wires are still going to be hooked up. once that is done you will be able to access your nuts for the mirror

:D

tjwheels
03-21-2007, 02:10 AM
Door panel rattles can happen for several reasons. I would leave the door panel off for a couple days worth of driving taking notes of the rattles. Pivot points on the window arm can hit the door frame or the crash bar. A small piece of thin rubber stuck to the door fram or crash bar should help prevent that. Shake the door lock mechanism and listen for a rattle, I know some of them have small pins in the pivits. The clips on the door panel may not be fully seeded and I've heard of screws being droped and rattling in the bottom. One last thought, could be your speakers vibrating. Whatever it is could luck with it.

Easy Ed
03-21-2007, 02:45 AM
Check the last post here...... http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12582&page=2&highlight=mirror

Easy Ed