PDA

View Full Version : This has probably been beat to death, but need advice on rims

kalantar
03-31-2007, 04:25 AM
Currently have a h2 with stock rims and tires and I am looking to upgrade the rims. I prefer to keep the stock tires .

Here is the question, Would it look akward if I got aftermarket 17 inch rims? Or should I go ahead and get the 18's, I do plan on taking it off roading and it barely fits in my garage with the current height clearance.

Anyone else have aftermarket 17 inch rims? Pics would be appreciatted.

Here are the rims I am considering getting (my h2 is black).

frenzy1
03-31-2007, 07:36 AM
I'd stick to the 17". I don't like big rims... too blingy... I'd go for all black or mostly black.

speednr1
03-31-2007, 09:27 AM
I had the same quary, but I ended up going with 20 inch rims. however, I put MT tires on and I dont think it came out to to blingy. and those rims would look great. I would have gotten black/polished rims if my truck was black.
Here is a pick of my truck with aftermarket 17" wheels with stock tires.

speednr1
03-31-2007, 10:03 AM
Here is a Pic with my 20" and Toyo MT's

kalantar
03-31-2007, 08:31 PM
Wow, thanks for the responses and pics guys...
Night and day difference. 20's defintiely look better, but I am curious how it effects the ride and for off roading?

Another concern I have is that I tend to drive over alot of curbs in the city and with the factory rims I am not concerned with damadging/scraping the rim, but with the 20's I would be. Anyone in the same boat?

H2 OHHH!
03-31-2007, 08:40 PM
It would be hard to mess up the 20" rims w/ Toyo mT's on it. The tire stick out almost 2" past the rim and you also have tread on the side of the tires as well.

In a H2 you won't even notice if you run over the curb, I ran over a Toyota Prius and didn't notice it until I got home!!!!