PDA

View Full Version : Would longer Sway Bar end links help???

Alan06SUT
04-01-2007, 08:03 PM
On the front, I was told longer sway bar end links make help to add clearance between the larger fabteck tie rods and the sway bar when "flexed" out. I use that term loosely as IFS and Flex are unheardof! Any thoughts? I seems like my tie rods hit my sway bars under extreme off roading conditions.

Alan06SUT
04-02-2007, 10:17 PM
Thanks Phil. Is it advantageous to disconnect the sway bar on the H2 IFS? It doesn't seem to limit suspension travel..but thats just looig at it on a lift. I know on my 75 K5 Blazer (solid D44) it made a huge difference.

Alan06SUT
04-02-2007, 10:46 PM
I don't think so, I tried it once and could not measure any more noticeable travel with it disconnected. It makes a big difference with a solid axle, but that's because they have so much more travel than IFS.

So the shocks are then the limiting factor on the IFS? When your wheel droops, does this pull down on your shock and cause it to wear? Most of the K5 guys had limiting straps on their suspensions to keep from pulling the shocks apart when drooped. I dont think this would happen with IFS as it doesnt force the opposide wheel up or down like on a SFA rig, but what do I know?? That 37" tire, wheel, and brakes can be that light though. It seems it would still pull on the shock a bit.

vlxjim
04-02-2007, 11:06 PM
With the stock shocks yes. But with aftermarket shocks you should hit the hard limit stops.