PDA

View Full Version : Need help.... supercharger parts

OrangeCrush
04-02-2007, 03:31 PM
Okay, here's the deal. I've got the supercharger and about ready to install it. I need what according to Magnuson is called a "box #2".

It includes the bracket assy with pulleys, all necc. hoses and coolant lines, gaskets, belts, air intake tube, heat exchanger and fuel pump.

My problem is a Tim on here (aka TTK resurfacing) bought that same package minus a few things for about 400 bucks. (he had the pulley/bracket assy, heat exchanger and fuel pump)

I called Magnuson and they said the box was 1578 bucks. I called another supplier and they said it was 2500 bucks.

The heat exchanger and fuel pump only sells for under 200 bucks yet when Tim called them, they said it was almost 400.

Does anyone know where I can buy a "box #2" without getting screwed? If the price is 1582, so be it, but I can't get the same price two days in a row.

Suggestions anyone?

Thanks,

Mark

OrangeCrush
04-04-2007, 02:28 PM
Just an update for those that care... I've talked to Magnuson on 4 different occassions and can't seem to get a straight answer.

Tim called a couple of days ago from my office and got everything I need for 660 bucks. WTF??? I guess it's who you know...lol.

Anyway, thanks to Tim, not only did I save a bunch of money on those parts but he gave me the link for Moss motors and I bought a set of shortie headers coated for 140 bucks... Between that, brake pads and gauge cluster, he saved me a ton of money.

While I'm at it, he also found an intercooler, aluminum radiator, oil cooler for FAR LESS than I did. (did I mention he even found the supercharger also???)

Tim,

Thanks man, I owe you one... or two or more...

Just wanted to mention another cool experience from being on this forum.

Thanks.

Mark

MattRoberts123
04-04-2007, 02:55 PM
UGH!! Where did you find the supercharger?!!? I have been looking EVERYWHERE and can't seem to find one... ?!?!?!?:violin: