PDA

View Full Version : New Redline High Temp ATF for Transfer Case

tomp
04-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Just wanted to let those having burnt ATF issues in their Transfer Case know that Redline released new High Temp ATF.

Humdingah
04-06-2007, 08:16 PM
And I just replaced mine a few weeks ago with Mobil 1 synthetic ATF. Mine was definitely brown looking at 20,000 miles but it didn't have a burnt smell to it. I'm assuming the Mobil 1 will be fine but next time I change it maybe I'l look into the Redline High-Temp. Hardest part of changing that crap was figuring out how to add the new fluid in as the fill hole doesn't leave much room for tilting a bottle.

tomp
04-06-2007, 10:14 PM
Little cheap hand pumps works great. Available from any local auto parts store.

Yep, I dumped Mobil1 in mine the first time as well and it's still in there now. I have some of the Redline D4 ATF to put in there. Should have know it wouldn't pay to stock up and they then released the high temp stuff.

Just so you are aware, Redline is the only synthetic oil produced from Class A grade stock oil. Most others, including Royal Purple and Mobil1 are produced from Class B. Even Redline regular synthetics hold up to heat better than any other synthetic.

I put Redline in my diffs and the entire vehicle drives smoother, and to think the stock fluids were synthetic and I only had approx 20K miles when I did the change.

I don't buy into the AMS Oil marketing hype as they use additives in their fluids. The additives do prove to provide good test results, but the additives wear off quickly and those tests are ran for short periods. Redline does not use additives and tests performed over prolonged periods show Redline to come out ahead in the long run.

This is not to say the others are poor oils. I myself don't use the redline motor oil as it's more cost effective to use the Mobil1. However, I do use the Redline motor oil in my air cooled Harley as it sees high temps in the summer. I also use Redline for everything else. IE: H2 Diffs, harley tranny and engine, H2 transfer case

H345
04-07-2007, 11:48 AM
How about posting scientific references / test results rather than personal opinions . While I agree that synthetic fluids / lubricants are superior , dising one brand over another is a personal choice with no basis in fact !

AK47
04-07-2007, 02:00 PM
Hi Guys was reading your post on ATF and Diff Fluids ,,,can you give me the full details on Redline ,,,as i wish to change as i feel this summer when down in the Med it gets dam hot ,,,, for 4 months ,,,,and also i am at the 20.000 mile point ,,,

Details make type as much info as possible so i can order the stuff from over here .

Cheers

tomp
04-07-2007, 03:18 PM
and just where did I "dis" one brand? Instead of telling someone what to do so you don't have to search, go get the info yourself like I did!

How about posting scientific references / test results rather than personal opinions . While I agree that synthetic fluids / lubricants are superior , dising one brand over another is a personal choice with no basis in fact !

AK47
04-07-2007, 05:01 PM
and just where did I "dis" one brand? Instead of telling someone what to do so you don't have to search, go get the info yourself like I did!

chears mr head ,,,,,dick oh sorry wrong way round how stupid of me

MONSTERMATT
04-07-2007, 07:38 PM
fuk both of u:jump: