PDA

View Full Version : Pulling the PCM help?

Tallowood_Air
04-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Getting a custom tune from Allen soon and I need to ship him the PCM and the tranny Module. The PCM itsself is fairly straightfoward, but i can't seem to locate the transmission controller. :confused:

its a 2007

somebody give a good description, (or possibly a pic)

greatly appreciated

f5fstop
04-14-2007, 11:53 PM
The PCM is the TCM; as well as the ECM. GM normally calls a module that controls both the engine and transmission functions a Powertrain control module. If there was a separate transmission control module, the PCM would be called an ECM and the separate transmission control module would be called the TCM.
Sometimes, they call it a PCM/TCM. Should I say someday in the future there will be a VCM (vehicle control module)?:jump:

HummBebe
04-17-2007, 12:06 AM
The PCM is the TCM; as well as the ECM. GM normally calls a module that controls both the engine and transmission functions a Powertrain control module. If there was a separate transmission control module, the PCM would be called an ECM and the separate transmission control module would be called the TCM.
Sometimes, they call it a PCM/TCM. Should I say someday in the future there will be a VCM (vehicle control module)?:jump:

Great Answer!!!!!:perfect10s: :perfect10s: :perfect10s:

That definitely belongs in the FAQ :D

Tallowood_Air
04-17-2007, 05:44 PM

Why then, i wonder, would nelson specifically tell me to be sure to send both modules? :confused:

f5fstop
04-17-2007, 07:21 PM
Are they talking about the transfer case control module? If not, ask them what module they are asking for, and if they realize on this vehicle, it is one common module.

Tallowood_Air
04-17-2007, 11:44 PM
possibly.

they say there is torque management that can be removed.

that could be in the transfer case module, right?

f5fstop
04-18-2007, 01:39 AM
No, torque management should be a function of the PCM/TCM. The transfer case module basically control the T/case functions. Allowing it to engage when you press a button, and preventing you from engaging low lock unless all conditions for engagement are met.