PDA

View Full Version : what do yall think about this

startin\' young
04-15-2007, 11:43 AM
i do not want to stir the kettle any more about fj's vs h3, but i was looking through some off road mags today at the book store and i realized that all the fjc adversitments are of modified rigs and rearly stock, but the h3 ads are all stock makes u think

tomp
04-15-2007, 03:17 PM
Yeah, makes me think they don't make many aftermarket parts for the H3

fourfourto
04-15-2007, 03:26 PM
Makes me think you must modify a Fj (fj = faggy jeep) to offroad and H3's are ready to go out of the box.http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

Mr Snappy
04-15-2007, 05:17 PM
Toyota makes great cars, but this FJ thing is just butt-ugly. The old Land Cruisers were cool, but these FJ things are just :lame:

Russell-h3-alpha
04-15-2007, 05:53 PM
yea the other day i picked up a magazine and noticed all the FJ's had changed out rims and lift kits. I dunno my uncle is down from Canada he has an FJ honestly I usto see them on the street and laugh at how gay they looked. In all honesty he showed me it inside and out it was a neat enough truck. Was it a hummer hell no, he would admit that right away. For him its everything he wants/needs so its great. But it definitely wasn't my kind of truck. The ground clearance was feeble, but the inside was cool enough with the spray down flooring. I think its funny that everyone is debating always which is better the h3 or the FJ right out of the box there is no contest what so ever the h3 looks and is a real truck.

usetosellhummer
04-15-2007, 06:44 PM
I like them to a point. i have reached out to two owners out here to go off-roading but no luck yet. As far as adds go it a demograpic and pitch deal. GM spends a ton of money on market reasearch and knows who the Hummer buyer is. I could go on forver on the physcograpics they tought me in school but I won't. Basiclly FJ is looking for younger person who will send cash on upgrades (most will not buy loaded truck) Oppitite on Hummer. Most buy loaded at dealer and few off-road. Why spend a ton of cash telling everyone what a great off-roader it is? It already says Hummer, like nothing else

f5fstop
04-15-2007, 08:17 PM
I like them to a point. i have reached out to two owners out here to go off-roading but no luck yet. As far as adds go it a demograpic and pitch deal. GM spends a ton of money on market reasearch and knows who the Hummer buyer is. I could go on forver on the physcograpics they tought me in school but I won't. Basiclly FJ is looking for younger person who will send cash on upgrades (most will not buy loaded truck) Oppitite on Hummer. Most buy loaded at dealer and few off-road. Why spend a ton of cash telling everyone what a great off-roader it is? It already says Hummer, like nothing else

:iagree:

But I believe GM is considering doing some off-road advertising for the Hummers in the future. Why? Well, I have had some marketing/advertising people making nice lately and asking all sorts of off-road questions in regard to accessories. Now, what this actually means, I have no idea. Usually, when a marketing person calls me, it's to ask if I would be willing to demonstrate Russian Roulette with a semi-automatic handgun.:dancingbanana:

(Now, back to my custom designed roof rail, dual-phase CB antenna setup.)

BlueHUMMERH2
04-15-2007, 08:23 PM
Maybe they finally assimilated my ad ideas. :D

RubHer Yellow Ducky
04-15-2007, 09:46 PM
Maybe they finally assimilated my ad ideas. :D

You mean like the BORG !!!

MAN, 7 of 9 is HOT !

and so is the Vulcan Science Officier on "Enterprise"

Lex_Ordo
04-15-2007, 10:24 PM
You mean like the BORG !!!

MAN, 7 of 9 is HOT !

and so is the Vulcan Science Officier on "Enterprise"

I think 7, is playing for the other team. :p
Sorry RYD, you'll just have to watch.:popcorn:

RubHer Yellow Ducky
04-16-2007, 01:37 AM
I think 7, is playing for the other team. :p
Sorry RYD, you'll just have to watch.:popcorn:

Are you refering to 7 of 9 WITH the Vulcan Science Officer...

I'll watch, I'll watch !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gooey Gaybob
04-16-2007, 04:40 AM
i do not want to stir the kettle any more about fj's vs h3, but i was looking through some off road mags today at the book store and i realized that all the fjc adversitments are of modified rigs and rearly stock, but the h3 ads are all stock makes u think

Probably becuase there will be more FJs on the trail than H3's. I don't hang out on the yota forum(they're all crap as far as I'm concerned) but judging by the number of poser shots and all the "hey look at my gay ass blingin wheels" threads that most of the hummer owners on this board have no intention of driving their junk off-road.

H3.007
04-16-2007, 01:20 PM
Hmmmm.... Tupal and 7 of 9 :perfect10s:

Actually, 7 divorced her husband in real life, a well known political talking-head, after he wanted to watch her "do just that". I think she still plays for the "right side" :jump:

Regarding the off-road question, why doesn't GM just pay for a bunch of current owners to meet up somewhere and off-road on film. Call it "Reality-Hummer Buyers TV".

No amount of pre-staged advertising is as good as the real thing! :dancingbanana:

Reality-Hummer Owners - Like Nobody Else :giggling:

:beerchug:

PS Think they will spring for the beer as well? :shhh:

RubHer Yellow Ducky
04-16-2007, 02:30 PM
[quote=H3.007]Hmmmm.... Tupal and 7 of 9 :perfect10s: 99!

Actually, 7 divorced her husband in real life, a well known political talking-head, after he wanted to watch her "do just that". I think she still plays for the "right side" :jump:

Regarding the off-road question, why doesn't GM just pay for a bunch of current owners to meet up somewhere and off-road on film. Call it "Reality-Hummer Buyers TV".

No amount of pre-staged advertising is as good as the real thing! :dancingbanana:

I'll tell you what, an AD campaign of just that, BEBE, NEO, TGL etc at MOAB shot hand held on non professional video equipment, a little grainy, no gyro on the camera.

You also need a couple of base models (H-3) in the shot mixed with the modified.

TITLED:

"Out of the Box or with a Little Sugar "

"HUMMER, LIKE NO OTHER"

are you listening F5 !!!!! talk to dem boyz in advertising

and if they use it everyone on the forum as of today gets an option on a ALPHA at dealer invoice good for 366 days

RYD

NEOCON1
04-16-2007, 03:22 PM
nice Duck :jump:

RubHer Yellow Ducky
04-16-2007, 05:07 PM
nice Duck :jump:

IT IS A GREAT IDEA !!