PDA

View Full Version : Engine Hours Have RESET

BlueHUMMERH2
04-21-2007, 09:35 PM
Apparently, sometime within the last month, my engine hours started counting up from zero again on the H2. :confused: There has been no change in the odometer, oil-life meter, or trip functions. However, the vehicle has had the battery die numerous times. From what I can remember, I think the engine hours were somewhere up around 2,500 or so before the apparent reset.

So what happened? Did it roll over at 3,000 (which would seem highly unlikely)? Or perhaps the computer wiped the memory during a dead battery spell? I am very confused, and somewhat unhappy as there is no way the vehicle has seen 83,000 miles in the current display of 33 hours! That's 2,525MPH!!! :confused: :mad:

BlueHUMMERH2
04-25-2007, 05:37 PM
Bump.

Any ideas!?

mikejr
04-26-2007, 02:27 AM
never seen that happen before....

rusty
09-25-2007, 10:23 PM
BTT

Just happened to me for past few days.

Anyone have heard of the resolution to this?

Agriv8r
09-26-2007, 12:49 AM
first time we heard of it...

mdoyle
09-26-2007, 04:16 AM
The hours are stored on a non-volatile eeprom that either has a capacitor back-up (unlikely) or static ram type storage. Even though these aren't supposed to lose their memory they sometimes do.

I imagine the odometer system uses some type of back-up application where the value is stored and then compared on boot up against the last known value. The hours might not get the same fail-safe treatment since they're not deemed as critical to valuation (although they should be).

tower
09-26-2007, 05:35 AM
Apparently, sometime within the last month, my engine hours started counting up from zero again on the H2. :confused: There has been no change in the odometer, oil-life meter, or trip functions. However, the vehicle has had the battery die numerous times. From what I can remember, I think the engine hours were somewhere up around 2,500 or so before the apparent reset.

So what happened? Did it roll over at 3,000 (which would seem highly unlikely)? Or perhaps the computer wiped the memory during a dead battery spell? I am very confused, and somewhat unhappy as there is no way the vehicle has seen 83,000 miles in the current display of 33 hours! That's 2,525MPH!!! :confused: :mad:
Bump.

Any ideas!?

Yeah! Slow down! You drive too goddam fast! :giggling:

dkhummerh2
09-26-2007, 08:05 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. If you take it to a dealer, than you are just asking for a headache. Their are some guys out there that can reprogram for a lot less.
dk

rusty
09-26-2007, 08:21 PM
my event happened 4 times while driving, all of the dash lights come on as if just turning on the ignition, and the speakers make a static noise.

the car continues to operate normally, but the displays are reset.

tower
09-26-2007, 08:27 PM
Replace the on-board computer. :violin:

HUMTECH
09-29-2007, 12:14 AM
Check your ground connections, their is A tsb on some gm trucks about engine hours resetting and the only thing it tells you to do is check and clean body and engine grounds. Other than that GM engineering is still working on A fix. If you are getting lights flashing on and static from speakers sounds like A ground issue to me. Especially the one inside the hole in the front bumper as it is very exposed to road grime. Also the one on the frame approx. below the drivers door, seen lots of bad grounds there from undercoating.