PDA

View Full Version : Tonneau Cover

fisherman
04-22-2007, 10:41 AM
I've been waiting 45 days for a new tonneau cover for my H2. My supplier said it is coming from GM straight to me this week. Will it be difficult to install and do you have any tips for me? Thank you.
The "fisherman"

TXSUT
04-23-2007, 01:24 PM
Will it be difficult to install?

Yes.

...do you have any tips for me?

Patience is a virtue.

:D

fisherman
04-23-2007, 02:17 PM
Always a golden rule. The tracks or racers are already installed. It has not arrived yet and the supplier said instructions were provided. Anyway, I know hard covers can be tricky.
The "fisherman"

cl998
04-30-2007, 06:36 PM
How hard is it to take off? Are there instructions online?

I want to get mine off now that Spring is here. Its time to haul some stuff.

CONRAD II
04-30-2007, 08:44 PM
1. Its a pain in the arse to install.
2. Its a pain in the arse to remove and put back.

Good Luck if you try to install it yourself, I personally would bring the kit over to the dealer and let them do it themselves!

fisherman
05-07-2007, 07:27 PM
You are absolutely right. I took mine to an outstanding auto body shop and it took them all day. I have no regrets. I would have messed it up. This is a big job I enjoyed letting the pros do.
The "fisherman"

Alan06SUT
05-09-2007, 05:35 AM
No you will realize how truly wothless the "bed" is!!! The gobi bed rack really helps as far as carring stuff. Once the tonneau is on there, hardly anything fits inside the truck. I have not been unable to find a way to get something on the truck, but I usually resort to strapping it to the bed rack or roof.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i16/acablik/DSC02222Medium.jpg

fisherman
05-09-2007, 11:17 AM
The cargo rack is my next project. I understand you can put a deer or antelope on it with no sweat. You got a nice functional Hummer. Great Job.
The "fisherman"

fisherman
05-09-2007, 02:28 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention I am having CSU Customs of Waukegan, Il manufacture a fishing box/ Warn winch compartment that will fit in the Box. After opening the tailgate, the box will be on rollers and each draw slides out so I can see all my fishing poles etc. Hope to have a drawing by next week. That is why I wanted the tonneau cover.
The "fisherman"

cl998
05-11-2007, 02:57 AM
I just got my spare tire off tonight and am getting that cover off this weekend! It is driving me nuts. The dealer told me it take his guys 2-4 hours to install.

No, I am not selling the tonneau cover, I might change my mind in the winter.

KrazyMedicRN
05-14-2007, 08:31 PM
Really interested in seeing the drawing of the box I am currently working on similar design now ... what are they going to make it out of and projected cost... I am thinking of using MDF and covering it in Rhino Lining or outdoor carpeting...