PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to introduce myself.

chsnprodigy
04-27-2007, 05:09 PM
Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. I just picked up a 95 H1. Well havnt gotten it yet, I bought it, and it should show up Wednesday or Thursday. Heres some pics of it. go to www.usedh1.com its the all black 95 with superswampers on it. Im not crazy about the diamond plate interior, but I can change that. But its the truck of my dreams, and god I cant wait to get it. It has the 350 gas engine in it. And please dont ask me why the tach is in the middle..becuase I have no clue:)lol But I hope to be on this forum a while. :beerchug:

Ground hawg
04-27-2007, 05:34 PM
Welcome to the exclusive club of Hummer owners. not bad lookin truck for the year, same about the diamond plating though. :excited:

chsnprodigy
04-27-2007, 05:54 PM
Welcome to the exclusive club of Hummer owners. not bad lookin truck for the year, same about the diamond plating though. :excited:

Thanks Ground hawg, yea ive thought about getting that diomond plate either anodized or powder coated black....or any other suggestoins anyone has would be great for the interior.

ssgharkness020147
04-27-2007, 06:32 PM
Welcome to the group, congrats on the new truck. As far as the diamond plate goes, I would rip that crap out, and start with something new. I'm not a big fan of diamond plate personally, but if you do want to stick with it I would suggest you make or get new pieces made. The craftsmanship of the stuff thats in there looks like sh!t. How did you like dealing with Blair?

Ground hawg
04-27-2007, 06:34 PM
You might find some replacements on ebay, though they wont be cheep. also update your personal info to include where your at, then others from your area can contact you to see if ya wana go wheelin!!!!!!!

usetosellhummer
04-27-2007, 06:35 PM
Join the club at take that thing on a real adventure with factory support and great people
www.thehummerclubinc.com (http://www.thehummerclubinc.com)
we will be in Sedona 5/4-5/6

3Hummer
04-28-2007, 04:00 AM
is the '95 open top one the one you got?

chsnprodigy
04-28-2007, 07:38 PM
Yea, im still up in the air what im going to do with the diamond plateing. Im a machinst/welder...so it kinda fits my style, but I was alsot thinking about getting it re apolstered...excuse my spelling:) Yea the 95 open top in the one I got, and working with blair was a great experience, he always awnserd his phone and always was open to question. He also sent pictures of whatever I wanted to see. I would suggest anyone to work with him.

ssgharkness020147
04-28-2007, 11:11 PM
I think that diamond plate could look cool if it were done right. Anodizing like you said would be a cool idea, maybe a gunmeatle grey/black? I just think that whoever cut out the diamond plate in there did a poor quality job (from what the pics show at least). As a machinist I'm sure you could do a much better job and make it look cool.

I sold my old truck to Blair, seems like there are some misgivings on both sides from it. Personally, I would not sell him a truck, but I have heard great things about buying trucks from Blair. Despite our differences I still give his name out there to people that are interested in buying an H1. He's been around H1's a long time and knows his stuff.

Yea, im still up in the air what im going to do with the diamond plateing. Im a machinst/welder...so it kinda fits my style, but I was alsot thinking about getting it re apolstered...excuse my spelling:) Yea the 95 open top in the one I got, and working with blair was a great experience, he always awnserd his phone and always was open to question. He also sent pictures of whatever I wanted to see. I would suggest anyone to work with him.

chsnprodigy
04-29-2007, 12:30 AM
Agreed, im sure I could do something with the CNC machine to make the diamond plate look better. First thing I noticed that I would change is I would round the diamond plate in the corners. Ill have to brain storm.

I think that diamond plate could look cool if it were done right. Anodizing like you said would be a cool idea, maybe a gunmeatle grey/black? I just think that whoever cut out the diamond plate in there did a poor quality job (from what the pics show at least). As a machinist I'm sure you could do a much better job and make it look cool.

I sold my old truck to Blair, seems like there are some misgivings on both sides from it. Personally, I would not sell him a truck, but I have heard great things about buying trucks from Blair. Despite our differences I still give his name out there to people that are interested in buying an H1. He's been around H1's a long time and knows his stuff.

Ground hawg
05-03-2007, 08:50 PM
Hey, i saw a center console on Ebay last night. it may be just what you need

frenzy1
05-06-2007, 08:24 AM
Congrats on the buy !! Love the truck !! Good luck and welcome to the site !!

Frenzy
Belgium

Agriv8r
05-07-2007, 09:17 PM
congrats, you will love it and its abilities...

wpage
05-22-2007, 10:37 PM
Good Luck:beerchug: