PDA

View Full Version : Jet Stage 1 chip update

Captain of the Titanic
04-30-2007, 05:07 PM
I have 1500 miles on the Jet stage 1 chip and thought I'd give you all an update.

The performance change is excellent. The truck is much more "peppy" and seems to downshift more easily. Overall very favorable.

The MPG change is negligable. I am getting about .5 MPG better average. I figure that any positive change is good, but I had hoped for a little better. Sometimes it seems like I am getting worse MPG on the highway than before, though at other times it seems just fine.

All in all, I am very happy with the chip. Mostly due to the performance improvements rather than the MPG change.

Hope this helps out anyone thinking of installing the chip.

Tex_h2
05-01-2007, 06:53 AM
I also installed the Jet chips and I am 100% happy.

Seems to be a lot smoother..........

Anyways......

I total recommend the upgrade.

emeldahay
05-02-2007, 02:32 AM
Is it an easy install for garages that dont do hummers very often?

im in the UK:violin:

Tex_h2
05-02-2007, 05:03 AM
Is it an easy install for garages that dont do hummers very often?

im in the UK:violin:

Yes, easy....even you can do it......doesn't take a mechanic.

Tex_h2
05-02-2007, 05:07 AM
Update for my chip......

The other day I drove my parents Lexus LX470......set the crusie at 68mph. Checked the mpg. and it was reading at 13.5mpg.

Today.....on the same hwy, set the cruise and checked the mpg...bouncing between 16-17.

Not bad.......now some might not think this is anything to be excited about...but I thought it was very cool.....

Later

Captain of the Titanic
05-02-2007, 07:25 PM
I'm very happy as well. Well worth the money...

Braveheart7
05-02-2007, 08:46 PM
I hear of a few different upgrades.
Is this the one you have a control box and yo connect it under the dash and , lets just suppose, it's still under warranty yo ujust reverse it and put in the factory data again?

and what price are these units ?

thanks.

Tex_h2
06-23-2007, 11:01 AM
Update on my Jet Chip

Still very happy with everything so far. The hummer actually seems to take off faster and cruise in the 75-80 zone without any problem. Fully recommend to anyone.

TKB
06-23-2007, 08:29 PM
your're talking about the "plug and pay" chip right? info on stage 2?

Ed G.
08-30-2007, 09:45 PM
Already had the Airaid MIT, Airaid factory replacement filter & the Granatelli cold air MAF sensor. I was hoping your info. on the Jet Stage 1 was as good as it sounded. Well, it made a VERY noticeable difference! No more jerky upshifting or downshifting, more low end and top end power and a midrange between 35-40 that kicks ass! I've had it on for 2 months now with no problems at all. Fuel mileage increased by .3 mpg, using the ac everyday.

:dancingbanana: Thanks for the iformation!

jmsspratlin
08-30-2007, 10:32 PM
I have 1500 miles on the Jet stage 1 chip and thought I'd give you all an update.

The performance change is excellent. The truck is much more "peppy" and seems to downshift more easily. Overall very favorable.

The MPG change is negligable. I am getting about .5 MPG better average. I figure that any positive change is good, but I had hoped for a little better. Sometimes it seems like I am getting worse MPG on the highway than before, though at other times it seems just fine.

All in all, I am very happy with the chip. Mostly due to the performance improvements rather than the MPG change.

Hope this helps out anyone thinking of installing the chip.

Can you give more specifics on the chip? Brand, price, dealer, and if it can be unhooked and taken off just as easy without complictions? Just for those that still have rigs under warranty. Thanks bro...look forward to hearing from you....Jamie

Sparkyvett
10-10-2007, 11:52 PM
I installed the Jet Module Stage 1 on my 2003 H2 and I love it so far. I did have to trim the plastic cover so it would fit back on after installing the chip. All in all it took about 15 minutes to install and another 5 minutes to trim the cover. (The instructions are pretty useless, not sure why the couldn't have more vehicle specific instructions on the web or something) The effects are pretty immediate. Not sure about the H.P. or fuel yet, but you'll instantly notice how much better it shifts! I didn't tell my wife what I did I just asked her to drive it and see what she thought. She immediatly said that it shifted much smoother and felt lighter. She is not a car person, so for her to notice anything; honestly, floored me!
I got mine on ebay just over $200. Even for just the shifting it's worth it. (At least to me!)
I'll let you know how it does towing. Tomorrow my buddies and I are taking it antelope hunting here in Wyoming. I'll let you know how it does towing all our gear and the camper. I hope it helps because all winter I'll be towing snowmobiles into the mtns. till next time!

Dan D 2
10-11-2007, 03:10 AM
I installed the Jet Module Stage 1 on my 2003 H2 and I love it so far. I did have to trim the plastic cover so it would fit back on after installing the chip. All in all it took about 15 minutes to install and another 5 minutes to trim the cover. (The instructions are pretty useless, not sure why the couldn't have more vehicle specific instructions on the web or something) The effects are pretty immediate. Not sure about the H.P. or fuel yet, but you'll instantly notice how much better it shifts! I didn't tell my wife what I did I just asked her to drive it and see what she thought. She immediatly said that it shifted much smoother and felt lighter. She is not a car person, so for her to notice anything; honestly, floored me!
I got mine on ebay just over $200. Even for just the shifting it's worth it. (At least to me!)
I'll let you know how it does towing. Tomorrow my buddies and I are taking it antelope hunting here in Wyoming. I'll let you know how it does towing all our gear and the camper. I hope it helps because all winter I'll be towing snowmobiles into the mtns. till next time!

Sparky....anxiously waiting your update...I'll be towing an enclosed 4 place snowmobile trailer all winter long myself....don't want to install a chip and then have problems towing.

Smokin Joe
10-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Sparky,
I'm also waiting for your update on your towing experience with the Jet chip. I need a little more power and would like to know how your H2 tows under load going up hill. :)

Smokin Joe
10-14-2007, 05:58 PM
Heck with waiting for an update, I ordered one anyway. :beerchug:

Captain of the Titanic
10-15-2007, 04:05 PM
Joe:

I think you'll like it. I've got quite a few miles on mine now and would recommend it in a second!

Let us know how you like it!

IRA51
10-15-2007, 05:59 PM
Anyone in Phoenix running one of these ? with the heat, altitude,and ****ty gas we have here I wonder how it will preform ? add to that I have a black H2 and I wonder how the summer heat will affect the Jet chip .

Captain of the Titanic
10-16-2007, 03:28 PM
Anyone in Phoenix running one of these ? with the heat, altitude,and ****ty gas we have here I wonder how it will preform ? add to that I have a black H2 and I wonder how the summer heat will affect the Jet chip .

I and others are running it in TX... Not as hot, but still, quite toasty...

I don't think we have the best gas either... Damn ethenol...

Sparkyvett
10-18-2007, 03:05 PM
The H2 preformed great on my hunting trip! It towed the trailer fine, even in the strong Wyoming wind. I averaged 11.9 MPG round trip w/tow haul button on. It is still difficult to tell how much extra HP the chip provides, but it does pull strong towing in the Mtns. It will keep the cruise control engaged for everything except very steep grades. If you have any more questions let me know. P.S. The antelope hunt was successful, we both got some nice bucks.

Dan D 2
10-18-2007, 05:19 PM
Heck with waiting for an update, I ordered one anyway. :beerchug:

Where did you purchase yours?

Sparky, thanx for the info...I'm definitely going to get one for my 2003. Do you have a part / model number for the Jet 1?

Sparkyvett
10-18-2007, 07:26 PM
I got mine on ebay around $230 I think. It's part #20314 for Stage 1, 03-06 Hummer.

IRA51
10-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Order Online Or Call: 1-800-883-6437 6am-5pm (PST) M-F

View Cart Your Account Help & Policies Email This Page

Scary Savings! Now though Halloween. Free shipping on all orders over $100*

Start Shopping

You're Shopping For:

2003 HUMMER/AM GENERAL H2

Shop by Brand 4wd Products5zigenACTAEMAGRAPCApexiAxxisAccelAddcoAgri -CoverAir LiftAiraidAuburn GearAuto MeterAuto SpecialtiesB&G SuspensionB&M RacingBak IndustriesBBKBaerBanksBassaniBe CoolBedrugBelltechBestopBilsteinBlitzBomexBorlaBre mboBrideBuddy ClubBull AccessoriesBushwackerC-WestCarrCarriage WorksCarsoundCenterforceCipaClutchmastersCorbeauCo rsaCrowerCuscoDc SportsDj MotorsportsDk WheelsDRFTDaystarDee ZeeDeflecta-ShieldDetroit LockerDistinctive Truck AccessoriesDougs HeadersDowneyDraw-TiteEasy StreetEatonEdelbrockEdgeEibachEnergy SuspensionExtangFabtechFeyFlex-A-LiteFlowmasterG.T. StylingGaylordsGibsonGo Rhino!GoodmarkGranatelliGrantGreddyGrippin BilletGrizzlyGround ForceHKSHawkHaysHellaHellwigHerculinerHolleyHotchk isHurstHusky LinersHypertechIPCWIchibahnIgnitedIngsInjenInvidia JBAJETJic MagicK&NKc HilitesKYBKeystone RestylingKodiakKoyoLakewoodLock RightLundMOMOMSDMac PerformanceMagna FlowMalloryMarch PerformanceMechanix WearMile MarkerMotive ProductsMr GasketNOSNr Automobile AccessoriesNeuspeedNiftyNitrous ExpressNologyNu ImageORTOptimaPIAAPace EdwardsPacesetterPainlessPavement EndsPaxtonPerformance AccessoriesPerma-CoolPower SlotPowermasterPowertraxPrecisionPro CompPro PartsPro StopProchargerProject MuPutcoPutnamRCDReadyliftRjr ProductsRam ClutchesRamseyRanchoRedline Technical GroupReflexxionRevtekRichmondRoll-N-LockRotoraRussellSpw IndustriesSamcoSherwood DashSir Michaels CorporationSkunk2SparcoStainless Steel Brakes CorporationSteedaSteel HorseStreet SceneStull IndustriesSun PerformanceSuperchipsSuperliftSuspension TechniquesSylvaniaTYCTanabeTaylorTeinTennatoysTher malTokicoTornadoToucan IndustriesTrailmasterTrenzTuffyUs SpeedoUnorthodox RacingVHTVeilsideVenomViairVolantVortechWarnWeiand WestinWings WestXenon

View All Brands

Parts & Performance

Air Intake
Brakes
Chips & Programmers
Clutch & Transmission
Cooling & Fans
Drivetrain & Axle
Electrical
Engine
Exhaust & Headers
Fuel System
Ignition
Steering
Superchargers & Turbos

Suspension & Chassis

Air Compressors and Accessories
Lift Kits
Lowering Kits & Handling
Shocks & Struts
Suspension & Chassis

Exterior Accessories

Bed Accessories & Liners
Body Kits & Styling
Bumpers
Car & Truck Covers
Exterior Accessories
Fender Flares
Grille Guards
Grilles
Hitches & Towing
Hoods
Jeep & SUV Accessories
Lighting
Mirrors
Steps & Side Bars
Tonneaus & Tailgate
Wheel & Tire Accessories
Winches

Interior Accessories

Floor Mats & Carpet
Gauges & Dash
Interior Accessories
Mirrors
Seats & Harnesses

Misc Automotive

Chemicals & Lubricants
Paint
Race and Street Apparel
Tools & Garage

Clearance Items

JET> Chips & Programmers > Chips / Modules / Programmers > Hummer/am general > 2003 > H2 > 6.0L >

JET - Chips / Modules / Programmers - Stage 1 Power Module
Part Number: 20314

Transmission: Automatic Transmission
Note: Overdrive Transmission

Retail Price: $309.99
Sale Price!: $215.35
You Save:$94.64

Report A Lower Price Click Here

JET Stage 1 Power Module Information

Advances spark timing and changes fuel curve for improved horsepower and torque. The Jet Performance Module is designed for the stock engine with very little modification. It requires the use of at least a mid-grade octane fuel for maximum performance. The Jet Stage 1 Module will also work in conjunction with other modifications to increase performance. Limited Lifetime Warranty
Easy Installation!

Better Throttle Response!

Does Not Decrease Fuel Economy!

Does Not Void Factory Warranty!

Limited Lifetime Warranty!
HP & Torque For JET Stage 1 Power Module:
11-15 HP/ 15 ft lbs Torque

Installation On JET Stage 1 Power Module:
Quick and Easy. Simply Plugs Into Service Port On Computer.

Tech Notes On JET Stage 1 Power Module:
All warranties for Jet products are handled directly by the Jet factory and is for replacement of defective products only. Please call Jet at 1-714-848-5515 for warranty service. Jet products are not refundable once used. 50 State Emissions Legal

Average Customer Review For JET Stage 1 Power Module

Be the first to review the JET Stage 1 Power Module.

| SITE MAP | HOME | YOUR ACCOUNT | HELP & POLICIES | ABOUT US | BECOME A DEALER |
| Air Intake | Brakes | Chips & Programmers | Exhaust & Headers | Lift Kits | Shocks & Struts |

Copyright ? 2006-2007 Performance Center Wholesale, Inc. All rights reserved. Read Legal policy and Privacy policy.

4WD PRODUCTS 5ZIGEN ACCEL ACT ADDCO AEM AGR AGRI-COVER AIR LIFT AIRAID APC APEXI AUBURN GEAR AUTO METER AUTO SPECIALTIES AXXIS B&G SUSPENSION B&M RACING BAER BAK INDUSTRIES BANKS BASSANI BBK BE COOL BEDRUG BELLTECH BESTOP BILSTEIN BLITZ BOMEX BORLA BREMBO BRIDE BUDDY CLUB BULL ACCESSORIES BUSHWACKER C-WEST CARR CARRIAGE WORKS CARSOUND CENTERFORCE CIPA CLUTCHMASTERS CORBEAU CORSA CROWER CUSCO DAYSTAR DC SPORTS DEE ZEE DEFLECTA-SHIELD DETROIT LOCKER DISTINCTIVE TRUCK ACCESSORIES DJ MOTORSPORTS DK WHEELS DOUGS HEADERS DOWNEY DRAW-TITE DRFT EASY STREET EATON EDELBROCK EDGE EIBACH ENERGY SUSPENSION EXTANG FABTECH FEY FLEX-A-LITE FLOWMASTER G.T. STYLING GAYLORDS GIBSON GO RHINO! GOODMARK GRANATELLI GRANT GREDDY GRIPPIN BILLET GRIZZLY GROUND FORCE HAWK HAYS HELLA HELLWIG HERCULINER HKS HOLLEY Hooker HOTCHKIS HP Books HURST HUSKY LINERS HYPERTECH ICHIBAHN IGNITED INGS INJEN INVIDIA IPCW JBA JET JIC MAGIC K&N KC HILITES KEYSTONE RESTYLING KODIAK Koni KOYO KYB LAKEWOOD LOCK RIGHT LUND MAC PERFORMANCE MAGNA FLOW MALLORY MARCH PERFORMANCE MECHANIX WEAR MILE MARKER MOMO Motegi Racing MOTIVE PRODUCTS MR GASKET MSD NEUSPEED NIFTY NITROUS EXPRESS NOLOGY NOS NR AUTOMOBILE ACCESSORIES NU IMAGE OPTIMA ORT PACE EDWARDS PACESETTER PAINLESS PAVEMENT ENDS PAXTON PERFORMANCE ACCESSORIES PERMA-COOL PIAA POWER SLOT POWERMASTER POWERTRAX PRECISION PRO COMP PRO PARTS PRO STOP PROCHARGER PROJECT MU PUTCO PUTNAM RAM CLUTCHES RAMSEY RANCHO RB Components RCD READYLIFT REDLINE TECHNICAL GROUP REFLEXXION REVTEK RICHMOND RJR PRODUCTS ROLL-N-LOCK ROTORA RUSSELL SAMCO SHERWOOD DASH SIR MICHAELS CORPORATION SKUNK2 SPARCO SPW INDUSTRIES STAINLESS STEEL BRAKES CORPORATION STEEDA STEEL HORSE STREET SCENE STULL INDUSTRIES SUN PERFORMANCE SUPERCHIPS SUPERLIFT SUSPENSION TECHNIQUES SYLVANIA TANABE TAYLOR TEIN TENNATOYS THERMAL TM Machine TOKICO TORNADO TOUCAN INDUSTRIES TRAILMASTER TRENZ TUFFY TYC UNORTHODOX RACING US SPEEDO VEILSIDE VENOM VHT VIAIR VOLANT VORTECH WARN WEIAND WESTIN WINGS WEST XENON

IRA51
10-18-2007, 07:45 PM
cheapest price I have found ,ordered it yesterday. hope I don't piss off the board sponsors with this info.

Smokin Joe
10-18-2007, 11:33 PM
Just installed the Jet stage 1 chip and I am very satisfied.
Any tips on getting the black cover to fit back on.

Sparkyvett
10-18-2007, 11:52 PM
I just trimmed (cut) the curve off the right side of the cover that would curl over the original plug. If that makes sense? I just used a small hacksaw, I'm sure a dremel or really hot butter knife would work also. ;)

Smokin Joe
10-19-2007, 01:06 AM
Thanks for the tip. I used my dremmel to trim the plastic cover and got it to go back on.
As far as price goes, I paid $205.35 plus tax which came to $221.26 O.T.D. Shipping was free. Got it from PerformanceCenter.com

Dan D 2
10-19-2007, 02:48 AM
Ordered mine tonight from PerformanceCenter.com. $215.35...can't wait for it to come in now.

Dan D 2
10-30-2007, 03:13 AM
Ok guys, my chip came in tonight....instuctions...yeah someone hit it right on the head.."pretty useless".

I've never done a chip upgrade before...sounds pretty easy but, where is it located?? Is it under the hood or inside the cab?

H2Finally
10-30-2007, 07:03 PM
This is for a 2004 H2. I don't know if it's different from any other year H2:

Remove negative (black) cable from battery. To prevent accident while I'm working in that tight spot, I covered the cable with a latex glove.. :giggling:

The computer is under the hood, next to the battery, under a BIG black plastic shroud cover. Pop the cover off (2 tabs, one obvious on top, the other bottom left towards radiator), you'll see 2 wiring harness. Use 9/32 skinny socket (I used the type that attaches to a screwdriver) to remove the harness that's closer to alternator/passanger side. Once it came off, verify that the plastic plug is BLUE in color.

Install the Jet chip (only goes one way, with the "claw" facing alternator/passanger side), using 5/16 skinny socket to tighten. Then piggy-back the factory harness on to the back of the Jet chip, and tighten with 9/32 socket.

Re-attach negative battery cable, start your H2 to verify no error.

A few notes: 1) I had to snip off the zip-tie that holds the bottom factory wiring harness, before I can piggy back it onto the Jet chip. 2) I cut the plastic shroud cover using a tin-snip. Easy, but you'd need a BIG cut (not itty bitty trimming), before it'd fit over the Jet. 3) Install was not difficult, but time consuming as you don't have much room, and access deep down the engine compartment was very awkward. Too I had to hunt for my cordless drill socket attachments.

But the result is DEFINITELY NOTICABLE. I'd go so far as saying every (2004) H2 NEEDS this very gratifying mod!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

:perfect10s::perfect10s::perfect10s:

DennisAJC
10-30-2007, 07:46 PM
cheapest price I have found ,ordered it yesterday. hope I don't piss off the board sponsors with this info.

Naw!!!! :jump:

BTW, what is the difference between Stage 1 and Stage 2?

Tex_h2
10-31-2007, 12:21 AM
Naw!!!! :jump:

BTW, what is the difference between Stage 1 and Stage 2?

Stage I is for minor engine upgrades, Air Intake etc
Stage II is more advance. Exhaust, Headers, Manifold etc..

DennisAJC
10-31-2007, 12:29 AM
Stage I is for minor engine upgrades, Air Intake etc
Stage II is more advance. Exhaust, Headers, Manifold etc..

Tex,

Can you clarify?

Stage 2 gives you more advanced upgrades?

OR

Stage 2 is for H2s with more advanced upgrades like exhaust, headers or SC?

I know it sounds stupid. Sorry and thanks in advance.:D

tower
10-31-2007, 01:19 AM
Stage II is for modified rigs, e.g. custom cams, etc, and requires premium petrol.

DennisAJC
10-31-2007, 01:38 AM
Stage II is for modified rigs, e.g. custom cams, etc, and requires premium petrol.

Thanks Ron. I'm getting the Stage 1 right.................Now.:beerchug:

tower
10-31-2007, 02:01 AM
Thanks Ron. I'm getting the Stage 1 right.................Now.:beerchug:Cool. Must report ASAP!

DennisAJC
10-31-2007, 02:12 AM
Cool. Must report ASAP!

I spoke on the phone with H2Finally and he claims that it's the same as a super charger.:jump:

J/K. He says there's a noticeable change and smoother throttle response. HF is incapable of exaggeration so I believe him.:D

I already have an add on gadget that gives cleaner spark to the plugs and I'm wondering if this will add an even better improvement.

tower
10-31-2007, 02:23 AM
HF is incapable of exaggeration so I believe him.:DSo when he mentioned what a little stud you are...

Tex_h2
10-31-2007, 03:20 AM
So when he mentioned what a little stud you are...

You'll be happy with the Stage I ........good luck

H2Finally
10-31-2007, 04:39 AM
So when he mentioned what a little stud you are...Scusi t, my exact word was "tiny" not "little". :fdance: :fdance:

DennisAJC
10-31-2007, 04:43 AM
FCK YOU BOTH.:fdance:

tower
10-31-2007, 05:11 AM
Stage 1 Jet Performance Module
This stage allows our customers, with stock or barely-modified vehicles, to use a performance module with less expensive, lower octane fuels (87 octane). With Stage 1, the programming is set to burn fuel at peak efficiency resulting in not only optimal performance, but gas savings as well.
Stage 2 Jet Performance Module
This stage is designed for those who are, what we call, "performance junkies"; these astute automotive enthusiasts have heavily modified cars and trucks. A "Stage 2" is for our really special customers who do use higher octane fuels (requires use of 91 octane or higher). A Stage 2 Performance Module features the most extensive programming to enhance horsepower to it's greatest potential and maximize torque. Fuel and timing curves are modified extensively for peak performance and drivability. This stage also requires the use of a 180 degree thermostat (http://www.autotrucktoys.com/truck-accessories/performance-chips/low-temp-thermostat.shtml) and free flow exhaust. An Aftermarket Air Intake System (http://airaidsales.com/AIRAID-Intake-Systems/5/airaid.html) is highly recommended for a Stage 2 Performance Module.

DennisAJC
10-31-2007, 05:26 AM
I wonder what kind of results you can get if you use a Stage 2 on a stock H2 on premium gas?

tower
10-31-2007, 06:00 AM
WTH, I just bought one too. I trust the opinions of the people who liked them. And if it turns out to be a dud, DAJC and I can feel stupid together! :raar::raar::raar:
I think Elcova should get a kick-back from
PerformanceCenter.com (http://www.performancecenter.com/product.page/Chips+%26+Programmers/Chips+%7E+Modules+%7E+Programmers/0/0/0/JET20314/HUMMER%7EAM+GENERAL/2003/H2/6.0L)

tower
11-02-2007, 02:10 AM
Got it today! Weekend install (probably). Can't wait!! :jump:

dkhummerh2
11-02-2007, 03:20 AM
Stage 1 Jet Performance Module
This stage allows our customers, with stock or barely-modified vehicles, to use a performance module with less expensive, lower octane fuels (87 octane). With Stage 1, the programming is set to burn fuel at peak efficiency resulting in not only optimal performance, but gas savings as well.
Stage 2 Jet Performance Module
This stage is designed for those who are, what we call, "performance junkies"; these astute automotive enthusiasts have heavily modified cars and trucks. A "Stage 2" is for our really special customers who do use higher octane fuels (requires use of 91 octane or higher). A Stage 2 Performance Module features the most extensive programming to enhance horsepower to it's greatest potential and maximize torque. Fuel and timing curves are modified extensively for peak performance and drivability. This stage also requires the use of a 180 degree thermostat (http://www.autotrucktoys.com/truck-accessories/performance-chips/low-temp-thermostat.shtml) and free flow exhaust. An Aftermarket Air Intake System (http://airaidsales.com/AIRAID-Intake-Systems/5/airaid.html) is highly recommended for a Stage 2 Performance Module.
I surely could use this with my s/c can't I?
dk

tower
11-02-2007, 04:08 AM
Yes, but I would call to see if they recommend type I or II. That should be sweet!

Tex_h2
11-02-2007, 04:09 AM

Can't say anything about the Phoenix altitude...but as for a Black H2 in the Texas Heat (100 degrees or more with 100% humidity) my H2 runs great with the chip/volant.

DennisAJC
11-02-2007, 04:22 AM
Got it today! Weekend install (probably). Can't wait!! :jump:

Must be nice being local. Bastard.:raar::D

I imagine mine will show up on Tuesday or Wednesday.

tower
11-02-2007, 04:38 AM
Doubt it. They said they sent me yours! :giggling::giggling::giggling:

Dan D 2
11-02-2007, 05:40 PM
I installed mine the other night....had to tell how much difference it is. I usually drive with a light foot....Time will tell if there is any improvements in MPG's. I mainly bought it for towing puposes so I'll see this winter.
I know that the stock set-up had no problems towing my 6500lb boat but anything will help.

MVR 155
11-06-2007, 01:42 PM
I surely could use this with my s/c can't I?
dk

I would be very careful running either stage 1 or 2 with a supercharged set up, most of these will advance timing so that can be a problem...... however I have been told by a respectable tuner that GM typically has a pretty lean fuel trims in thier programs and that even though it sounds wierd he has gotten more power and better MPG's by fattening up the tables. If this chip tends to add more fuel you may be able to get away with it. Any case I would recommend contacting a reputable tuner or the manufacturer to make sure you dont have an issue with pre ignition or leaning out on boost.

TXSUT
11-06-2007, 02:24 PM
A generic, maybe even dumb, question: Why would you go with a chip such as the Jet instead of a programmer like Hypertech or Superchips? Is it just a matter of cost, or is there some other benefit? Just curious.

Thanks,

Pete

TXSUT
11-07-2007, 02:06 PM
Someone answer my phucking question!!! :twak:

:D

MVR 155
11-07-2007, 02:44 PM
Someone answer my phucking question!!! :twak:

:D

I wouldnt use any of these..... I would tune it with a program such as HP tuners since I have a friend that owns a speed shop along with a dyno and a guy that really knows his $hit when it comes to tuning.

NOW.... if I didnt know someone I would think going with a handhelp programmer would be ultimately better than just the chip since you can change shift points, compensate for bigger tires etc.......

TXSUT
11-07-2007, 03:07 PM
Thanks MVR, you're a good man. :beerchug: :D

Ed G.
11-07-2007, 10:25 PM
I bought because it's "plug & play". Seems like half the people that go with the programmer have problems during installation and are always having to fk with it.

TXSUT
11-08-2007, 01:59 PM
I bought because it's "plug & play". Seems like half the people that go with the programmer have problems during installation and are always having to fk with it.

I haven't heard much on this forum about problems, and I have been completely satisfied with mine, but thanks for the response! http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

tower
11-09-2007, 04:20 AM
I went with the chip 'cause it was less expensive. If I had it to do over, I might go with the programmer. I haven't installed the chip yet. It's a little tough for a short fat cripple to reach the installation point. I think Hucky will help me put it in this weekend. The manufacturer says to take out the chip before you have the dealer tune it up. That sounds like a PITA so I guess I'll let the dealer pull and re-install it. That's where I think the programmer would be better, along with what MVR 155 said.

H2Finally
11-09-2007, 05:50 PM
I bought because it's "plug & play". Seems like half the people that go with the programmer have problems during installation and are always having to fk with it.X2 Haven't heard of anyone using the programmer being super happy of how the truck drives afterwords. Prob because most could not find the optimum setting to use. Many bought programmer to adjust for tires, or mileage, or to clear up errors. I drive on 37" tires, yet don't particularly care abt the speedo for the minute difference. Don't care about mileage either. Never have any problems with error codes. But am VERY HAPPY with the extra "oomph" this chip provides! Could not for the life of me understand why, if it's capable of such, GM won't program the H2 to drive like this from the factory! Me = MUCH happier camper!:beerchug:

DennisAJC
11-09-2007, 06:30 PM
X2 Haven't heard of anyone using the programmer being super happy of how the truck drives afterwords. Prob because most could not find the optimum setting to use. Many bought programmer to adjust for tires, or mileage, or to clear up errors. I drive on 37" tires, yet don't particularly care abt the speedo for the minute difference. Don't care about mileage either. Never have any problems with error codes. But am VERY HAPPY with the extra "oomph" this chip provides! Could not for the life of me understand why, if it's capable of such, GM won't program the H2 to drive like this from the factory! Me = MUCH happier camper!:beerchug:

Me likey chippy.:beerchug:

I blew away a Corvette Z06 the other day at the signal. It was all because of the chip.

That and the fact it was raining and he was spinning his tires like mad.:jump:

Smokin Joe
11-09-2007, 07:23 PM
X2 Haven't heard of anyone using the programmer being super happy of how the truck drives afterwords. Prob because most could not find the optimum setting to use. Many bought programmer to adjust for tires, or mileage, or to clear up errors. I drive on 37" tires, yet don't particularly care abt the speedo for the minute difference. Don't care about mileage either. Never have any problems with error codes. But am VERY HAPPY with the extra "oomph" this chip provides! Could not for the life of me understand why, if it's capable of such, GM won't program the H2 to drive like this from the factory! Me = MUCH happier camper!:beerchug:
Couldn't of said it better myself.:beerchug:

TXSUT
11-09-2007, 11:20 PM
Haven't heard of anyone using the programmer being super happy of how the truck drives afterwords.

I am.

tower
11-15-2007, 01:20 AM
Me like chipey too! FWIW, I did have a problem with it. I even got an RMA and was getting ready to return it. Problem was, my climate control display went dark and the heat was blasting me (hot days here right now) AND the service engine light came on. Fortunately, my friend Hucky (in his infinite brilliance) suggested unhooking the ground for a bit and then reconnecting. Man I was so happy to see NO warning lights, the display lit again and the A/C starting to blast. Thanks again, Huck! And YES, there is a noticeable increase in acceleration and YES the shift points are noticeably smoother (I think the sychro meshes a little longer before shifting). So all-in-all, you would be hard pressed to find a better upgrade for a couple hudred bucks, IMHO. WARNING!: Remove the chip before factory service! They will use ANY excuse to dishonor your warranty!

onetexasoldman
09-23-2008, 03:08 PM
New to forum and just purchased a 05 H2. Replaced the cold air intake with an Airaid system. Is it good to replace the sensor also? I have seen that in some of this forum.
The big thing is I have wanted to get a chip and these seems to be the one I need. Will be ordering it today.
I do live at 9000' here in Colorado
Thanks for all the info:popcorn:

onetexasoldman
09-28-2008, 03:36 AM
Well I see no one wants to answer this post. Well I went ahead and got the cold air intake spacer/sensor and the chip will install tomorrow and see how much difference there really is. :fdance:

lfe136
04-21-2009, 04:31 PM
If I have a volant intake with MAF and and Corsa Sport exhuast do I need stage 1 or 2? What if I add headers?