PDA

View Full Version : 2003 h1

evomind2
05-03-2007, 04:14 PM
hey folks,
i havent been around for awhile, but im back.
i may have the opportunity to buy a 2003 h1 with 2k miles on it.
my best guess is this truck would be worth abt 65k?

also, i would like to put the 4" lift on it with 38" tires.
any other upgrades you folks feel are necessary for an 03?
i do intend to offroad it from time to time.

thanks

Ground hawg
05-03-2007, 05:53 PM
I wouldnt do the 4" lift if your only going to put 38s on it. to much hastle with the wires and othere sh/t. use the suspension lift from blue hummer. other mods depend realy on where you intend to off road, and how much you want to outlay cash wise.

if you goin through lots of trees get a better brush guard and light bar, with a branch wire either side. its amaizing how fast a brach will take out a window. if your going on thr rock trails you can beef up the center cross member and get some more under carage protection stuff.

evomind2
05-03-2007, 06:23 PM
I wouldnt do the 4" lift if your only going to put 38s on it. to much hastle with the wires and othere sh/t. use the suspension lift from blue hummer. other mods depend realy on where you intend to off road, and how much you want to outlay cash wise.

if you goin through lots of trees get a better brush guard and light bar, with a branch wire either side. its amaizing how fast a brach will take out a window. if your going on thr rock trails you can beef up the center cross member and get some more under carage protection stuff.

i wasnt familiar with the suspension lift from blue hummer. any link on that? ill check it out.
i was only gonna go 38's cause i dont want to regear the thing. i kinda think 38's are big enough for me anyhow.
planned on doing some undercarriage protection....

good idea on the brush gaurd.

Ground hawg
05-03-2007, 08:33 PM
http://www.bluehummer.com/ Here you go, Dave's got good rates on his gear, and he usualy gets it to you quicker than going to any dealer i know of.

evomind2
05-03-2007, 10:15 PM
thanks ground hawg

It\'s a Dry Heat
05-04-2007, 04:36 PM
Front Eaton locker.

Vern

evomind2
05-07-2007, 10:10 PM
i plan on doing the front locker, and undercarriage protection, where im kinda undecided is the lift.
i kinda want to do the 4" lift, with bigger tires....
does this change the driveline geometry?
where do i get the gears to account for the bigger tires?
what other parts will i need to do the job complete?
like if i go with 40" tires, do i need new wheels? (i wanna keep ctis)
do i need a longer steering shaft, etc etc....

also, has anyone tried and or know of anyone who has had success with the ecu upgrades??

thanks

evomind2
05-09-2007, 08:02 PM
ok, i thinking of going with the stage 3 lift kit from rubber duck.
its a 4" suspension lift with a 2" body lift....
probably run 39's or 40's.

http://www.teakatoys.com/Hummer_H1_Stage_III_Lift_By_Rubber_Duck_p/rd-1-15.htm

what do u guys think? any knowledge on this setup?
any thoughts suggestions???

BlueHUMMERH2
05-11-2007, 05:58 AM
You should ask these questions on Humvee.net or query the Hummer Knowledge Base there. There really is much more H1 information there than you will find here.

Personally, it's an H1, you don't need a lift. Just armor it up, deck it out with cool stuff, and drive it smart. Lockers are a nice addition though!

usetosellhummer
05-11-2007, 07:03 PM
No lift man you don't need it! trust me! be careful on tires if you wan tto use the CTIS and the two piece rim. I am not a fan of mods on the H1 unless it's a bitch mobile.

evomind2
05-11-2007, 09:26 PM
You should ask these questions on Humvee.net or query the Hummer Knowledge Base there. There really is much more H1 information there than you will find here.

Personally, it's an H1, you don't need a lift. Just armor it up, deck it out with cool stuff, and drive it smart. Lockers are a nice addition though!

theres very few things in life we NEED.
:)