PDA

View Full Version : Can't for the life of me figure out how to turn on top off road rack lights?

Negativecreep0
05-10-2007, 01:18 PM
I have the rack lights on top of my hummer. There are 4 of them, my question is are they supposed to be all facing at different angles? Looks weird? (could be for aero dynamics?)

Also how do I turn them on? I dont want to call the dealer and look like an idiot but? I have pressed every button!! each light is daisy chained except there is one last plug that isnt plugged into anything? Did the dealer not hook this up?

blockrockin
05-10-2007, 01:31 PM
sounds like they arent hooked up? is it a used h2.. if so someone probably put them on their and never hooked them up.. they arent to hard to hook up ... also i would face all 4 straight ahead. not weird angles they probably just got loose over time and moved around alittle.. good luck. did you just get the h2 ? if so congrats ! youll love it .

audiofetish
05-10-2007, 01:33 PM
The angle of the lights is up to you. I kept mine looking straight forward unless I was out at night using them. Then I would aim them to the sides and front for better light.

The switch should be a small toggle switch, normally located by the driver side ac vent or the upper console where the sunroof or storage is.

fisherman
05-10-2007, 04:30 PM
Here is the location on mine. When the lights are on, a red LED indicator on the lower left side of the sun roof console is on. My lights are on the grill but the location switch is the same, I believe.
The "fisherman"

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39267&d=1178463585

vlxjim
05-11-2007, 06:14 AM
My factory light switch is on the overhead console next to the visor.:shhh:

OrangeCrush
05-14-2007, 12:01 PM
Also how do I turn them on? I dont want to call the dealer and look like an idiot but?

Oh yeaaaah, far better to do it here.

:OWNED:

;)

frenzy1
05-14-2007, 12:33 PM
^^:jump: :OWNED: