PDA

View Full Version : New To CO area.... Trail questions

Mr_Pat
05-13-2007, 05:13 PM
Hello everyone. I am new to the area(live in Cheyenne) Anyways we are planning a trip next month and I am looking for some trail recommendations. We are picking up some friends in Denver and are planning on heading west to Moab for a day or two. I have 4 or 5 days to kill with this trip. I was thinking about Imogene Pass area.

Can anyone recommend any good roads, trail, routes between Denver and Moab.

ps I have an H3 with UCP, rocker protectors and winch. I would like to stay away from anything super difficult.

Thanks!!

NEOCON1
05-13-2007, 10:12 PM
havent been east of moab yet , but check on Ouray , Co . i have heard some great stuff about that place . let me know when your gonna be in moab , we could run a trail or two :jump:

Mr_Pat
05-13-2007, 10:36 PM
Ouray is on our list for sure. Do you live close to Moab? That would be cool if you showed me a trail or two. Thanks

NEOCON1
05-13-2007, 10:43 PM
Ouray is on our list for sure. Do you live close to Moab? That would be cool if you showed me a trail or two. Thanks

i live in moab :jump: we moved in Oct.

Mr_Pat
05-13-2007, 10:44 PM
Dude thats sweet. I'll let ya know when we're headed there.:jump:

Mr_Pat
05-13-2007, 10:45 PM
What do you recomend of camping there?

NEOCON1
05-13-2007, 10:57 PM
What do you recomend of camping there?

the two that i would recommend if coming in the hot season are slickrock campground just north of town but south of the co. river or canyonlands campground its more central to town . both have swimming pools and if you tell them " Steve the wood guy" sent you , you might get a discount . i supply firewood to both of them .

if you dont mind roughin it you can camp here at the blacksheep outpost . its nothin fancy but its free ;) . most that come with kids need a place with a pool , it keeps them from goin nutz . the whole last week has been in the high 90's but its a dry heat :giggling:

Mr_Pat
05-13-2007, 11:17 PM
the two that i would recommend if coming in the hot season are slickrock campground just north of town but south of the co. river or canyonlands campground its more central to town . both have swimming pools and if you tell them " Steve the wood guy" sent you , you might get a discount . i supply firewood to both of them .

if you dont mind roughin it you can camp here at the blacksheep outpost . its nothin fancy but its free ;) . most that come with kids need a place with a pool , it keeps them from goin nutz . the whole last week has been in the high 90's but its a dry heat :giggling:

Cool man thanks. Pool is VERY important to my girls (2 & 8) :)

NEOCON1
05-14-2007, 03:24 AM
it will be great for them the outpost is turnin into an oven in the afternoons :popcorn:

Mr_Pat
05-14-2007, 03:32 AM
it will be great for them the outpost is turnin into an oven in the afternoons :popcorn:
Whats the outpost?

NEOCON1
05-14-2007, 02:09 PM
:giggling: Blacksheep Hummer Outpost Moab ;) its my house :dancingbanana:

NEOCON1
05-14-2007, 02:16 PM
:jump:

Adam in CO
06-06-2007, 04:42 AM
Funny that nobody from CO responded yet.

Neo's the only one, he's never been on this side of the divide and he gets whole groups lost on his hometown trails.

:jump: qq

Mr_Pat
06-06-2007, 05:22 AM

Neo's the only one, he's never been on this side of the divide and he gets whole groups lost on his hometown trails.

Thats cuz Neo is the bomb.... I bought the two CO trail books and they work just great! I put the long and lat into my tomtom and found Moody hill and Kelly Flats with NP

NEOCON1
06-12-2007, 11:06 PM

it wasnt the whole group , just west and cris :giggling: and they wanted us to hold a recovery class ;) :giggling: