PDA

View Full Version : purchase new front speaker, now how do I install them?

kalantar
05-17-2007, 07:00 AM
I purchased the Rockford Fosgate front speakers suggested in the other thread, received them in the mail (purchased them from Amazon for $70).

I tried to install them and only got as far as removing the mesh gril. Didnt have any clue on how to get to the screw.

Help would be appreciatted...

HummBob
05-17-2007, 08:44 AM
If we are talking TWEETER, you have to remove the A-Pillar.

If it's the door speaker, you have to remove the inner door panel!!

audiofetish
05-17-2007, 12:57 PM
I purchased the Rockford Fosgate front speakers suggested in the other thread, received them in the mail (purchased them from Amazon for $70).

I tried to install them and only got as far as removing the mesh gril. Didnt have any clue on how to get to the screw.

Help would be appreciatted...

Here are some directions for changing out the mirrors. It shows you how to remove the door panels. http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12582&page=2&highlight=mirror I would suggest not removing the button panel with a putty knife. Once the panel is loose it is easier to just unplug the wiring harness to the button (window switch) panel.

The door speaker is easy to remove. Once the panel is off just push down on the top bracket of the speaker and it comes out. There are no screws on the Bose speakers. You will need to drill holes for the new speakers though.

Let me know if you need any help.......

BTW: That?s a great price!!!!!

kalantar
05-18-2007, 02:32 AM
Perfect, thanks!