PDA

View Full Version : when it rains, it pours...

orlasttoy
11-27-2005, 11:37 PM
not only is my H2 dead in a parking lot with a dead starter/solenoid, but i went to try it one last time today and noticed the ass end is sagging...

could there be ANY possible connection with the rear hydrolics and some safety ignition cutoff???

i know, sounds dumb but i've exchausted all other possibilities..

orlasttoy
11-27-2005, 11:37 PM
not only is my H2 dead in a parking lot with a dead starter/solenoid, but i went to try it one last time today and noticed the ass end is sagging...

could there be ANY possible connection with the rear hydrolics and some safety ignition cutoff???

i know, sounds dumb but i've exchausted all other possibilities..

OrangeCrush
11-28-2005, 12:22 AM
Don't know about the coincidence factor or if it's connected (sounds like it's possible) but wanted to say sorry about the bad luck.

It'll get better. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mark

kodiakz
11-28-2005, 12:41 AM
Do you have the air ride? Don't think that would keep it from starting even if it failed--you would just have a low-rider h2. Sorry about your troubles. Why now just tow it in to the dealer and at least get it diagnosed?

orlasttoy
11-28-2005, 12:48 AM
yeah its air ride equipped...will it cause more damage if its towed or if i drive with the ass sagging like that?

wanted to try everything to try starting it cuz nearest dealer is a hike...towing gonna be 'spensive! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

timgco
11-28-2005, 12:56 AM
did you by chance leave the rear compressor button on or have anything (hose) attached to the air port in the back? That will cause the bags to deflate. You could also have a bad sensor for that to happen. The starter solonoid and/ or the battery is your starting problem. Are you guessing on the solonoid or do you know for sure. I bet it's your battery only. DO NOT TOW YOUR TRUCK. Have it put on a flatbed only.

tomp
11-28-2005, 01:37 AM
Wonder if dead battery is the reason for his air to deflate?

KenP
11-28-2005, 03:43 AM
Check the sensor arms in the rear. It may be broken and you can use wire or a zip tie for a quick fix.

Our old truck would sit for weeks and we never had the bags deflate.

kodiakz
11-28-2005, 12:50 PM
Not a good idea to tow an all wheel drive vehicle--flatbed is better. I suppose you could put it in neutral if the battery were jumped, but I wouldn't lift-end tow it more than a few miles.

orlasttoy
11-28-2005, 03:25 PM
unf**kingbelievable...it started this morning.

i dont get it. after a week of messing w/ the fuses/jumping the solenoid/jiggling the key/whacking the starter...it decides to happily start up for me this AM.

the only changing factor is the weather...its a bit warmer today...

i guess it doesnt like the cold!

gonna have it checked out, but mechanic already warned me "since the problem isnt apparent, gonna be hard to diagnose"

SIGH

Hummertech
11-28-2005, 03:32 PM
Hard my a**, it just needs a damn starter.

orlasttoy
11-28-2005, 05:38 PM
do you think the remote starter could be a part of the problem?

kodiakz
11-28-2005, 11:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">do you think the remote starter could be a part of the problem? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Absolutely if it is tied into or cut the ignition circuit or starter circuit.

Field Rat
11-28-2005, 11:53 PM
I had a problem when I had an 03 model. The air ride system would just turn inself on in the middle of the night and drain the battery. In the morning the ass end would be sagging. I would have to jump start it but after a couple of times I just pulled the air ride fuse soe it would not run and had it worked on. I had the problem twice. Pain in the Butt.