PDA

View Full Version : Navigation Question

Braveheart7
05-19-2007, 04:40 PM
Hi Guys,

Challenge: trying to input address when on the highway. yoiu have to be stoped before the menus even light up allowing you to press them.

Is there any way to disable it?

I just bought my wife a garmin Navi and you just press a button and anyone can work it whether you are traveling or not.

I got stopped by a trooper asking why I was stopped on the hard shoudler, told him I had a " sneezing fit" and didnt want to become a hazard on the road so I pulled off until it eased.

it worked that time but it is a major pain in the _ss when yo have to be stopped.

any input would be great............ while moving of course.

mikejr
05-20-2007, 03:22 PM
more than likely that safety feature is hardwired into the programming of the nav unit. Without knowing how to hack the system, i would suspect that you arent going to be able to disable that safety feature.

speednr1
05-20-2007, 07:44 PM
I will let you know if it works next week, but there is a speed wire, search my posts, that you can put a switch in to allow it to function while in motion. this worked in my other cars, we will see if it works in the h2.

H2bill
05-21-2007, 09:00 AM
I don't have time to hunt it down right now, but there is a link to a guy on another forum that sells a fix for that. If someone doesn't post it first I'll try and find it for you on Tuesday.

Braveheart7
06-02-2007, 01:18 AM
thanks guys. any updates yet?????:crying:

Negativecreep0
06-06-2007, 02:44 PM
bump would appreciate any infoooo soon? some guy at a high end rim place says he can do it............but for 350?!!!

WHOSNEXT
06-06-2007, 04:29 PM
you need to ground the parking brake wire on the dvd system or player. its a green wire

WHOSNEXT
06-06-2007, 04:45 PM
found the link, here is what i did and it works fine....http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16488&highlight=override