PDA

View Full Version : OEM Dash

rhyno84
05-21-2007, 01:41 AM
this is for those of you who have a OEM dash kit, i was curious how scratch and swirl resistent the piano black option is. how well does it hold up after cleaning and is it pretty chip resistant. any info will be appreciated
thanks
rhyno

HummBob
05-21-2007, 04:41 AM
this is for those of you who have a OEM dash kit, i was curious how scratch and swirl resistent the piano black option is. how well does it hold up after cleaning and is it pretty chip resistant. any info will be appreciated
thanks
rhyno

So Far...So Good!! Can't remember When I got it?? Last Summer??? I'm sure Stuart will chirp in!!:D

But everything is holding up well. The ONLY thing I have "wrong" is some light scratches on the top of my steering wheel from my fricken rings!! I'm trying to train myself ONLY to use the leather!!

Gunner_45
05-21-2007, 08:27 AM
Hey Bob,

you are talking "finger" type rings here...Right?

:giggling:

HummBob
05-23-2007, 03:19 AM
Hey Bob,

you are talking "finger" type rings here...Right?

:giggling:

No.......COCK RING!!!:D

Gunner_45
05-23-2007, 06:12 AM
Ahhhh......

So in that case, you really meant scratches on the "bottom" of your steering wheel not the top.

:giggling: :giggling: :giggling:

HummBob
05-23-2007, 08:24 AM
Ahhhh......

So in that case, you really meant scratches on the "bottom" of your steering wheel not the top.

:giggling: :giggling: :giggling:

:D :D :D

H2Buff
05-24-2007, 06:27 PM
I just got mine. I like everything but the reflection I get off of the top of the gauge cluster cover. In certain lights it shines right in my line of vision. I would leave that part the stock matte black.

HummBob
05-24-2007, 07:27 PM
I just got mine. I like everything but the reflection I get off of the top of the gauge cluster cover. In certain lights it shines right in my line of vision. I would leave that part the stock matte black.

Wear some SUNGLASSES!!!;)

fisherman
05-25-2007, 02:27 AM
Stuart, Just got to Wyoming and saw the OEMDASH question. I might not drive 90 miles an hour but my Dash is holding up fine. I do try to keep things like binoculars in the cases just so they don't slide around but everything is holding up well. Remember the passenger tray is Dessert sand with no carbon fiber....SMART just for that reason. I'll catch a few trout for you but I will also eat them for you.
The "fisherman"