PDA

View Full Version : Here's a strange one for ya - SEAT Problem

CO Hummer
05-30-2007, 12:13 AM
So my finicky DS seat has finally gone full-time haywire.

My seat no longer will fully move rearward. It goes only about 1/2 way, and then stops even though it's not impeded/jammed. What's really bizarre is that the fwd/rev and up/down have reversed there direction. When I lift up on the control to raise the height the seat goes down. When I push it down the seat goes up. Same thing wiht fwd/backwards.

Anyone ever seen this before? Is there a way to reset the seat computer or whatever is controlling it?

I had it fixed for a moment by pressing Driver 1, then Driver 2, Then Driver 1 - multiple times. The seat would go all the way back, the controls where consistent with the direction the seat moved. But it quickly went back to the reversal problem. WTH?

f5fstop
05-30-2007, 12:23 AM
Sounds like the memory seat module has gone berserk. Not moving rear or forward could be due to a bad horizontal seat sensor, but the way the switchs are operating one would think it is the module.

There is a memory seat calibration for new modules. So, I would unplug power and let it sit for a few minutes, plug back in and try the calibration procedure. (Not sure if unplugging with do anything, but it might be worth a try.)

Memory Seat Calibration
The memory seat module uses position sensor inputs to establish soft stop locations for the adjuster motors several millimeters ahead of the physical limits of the adjuster assembly. After replacing a memory seat module or adjuster components, it may be necessary to reset the adjuster motor soft stop locations. When the repair procedure has been completed, operate the seat adjuster switch in every direction until the seat adjuster reaches its mechanical hard stop by repeatedly pressing and releasing the switch as necessary.

HUMTECH
05-30-2007, 12:50 AM
Some customers may state that the Power Seat Switch will work in the opposite direction.
Example: The customer will move the switch forward and the seat will go backwards.
<A href="http://service.gm.com/servlets/BlobShtml?ShtmlFile=1665575&psdid=890&evc=sm#ss2-1665575">Recommendation/Instructions:

Do not replace the memory seat module or switch the wiring at the Power Seat Switch. A software anomaly exists with the memory seat module. Reprogram the driver seat module with updated software in Bulletin # 04-08-50-016B to resolve this concern.
Please follow this diagnosis process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

CO Hummer
05-30-2007, 12:53 AM
Thanks, Tech!

Is there a way to do this myself?

johndjmix1
05-30-2007, 05:57 AM
10 years ago who would have ever thought a TSB would have a tech reprograming a module that controls the drivers seat.

--John

Adam in CO
05-30-2007, 02:18 PM
Ghosts in the machine.

HUMTECH
05-31-2007, 12:21 AM
No way to do it yourself, you will need to see the dealer, sorry.

CO Hummer
07-16-2007, 11:14 PM
So I got my seat re-programmed with a software update. Works great now.

$57.00 reprogramming fee required by the dealership.

TKB
07-17-2007, 12:46 AM
So I got my seat re-programmed with a software update. Works great now.

$57.00 reprogramming fee required by the dealership.

what? is your seat faster now and taking up less battery power?

CO Hummer
07-17-2007, 04:41 AM
what? is your seat faster now and taking up less battery power?

No. I'm looking into a programmer for that. :jump: