PDA

View Full Version : 03 H2 VSS Vehicle Speed Sensor wire

GasGuzzler
06-05-2007, 07:38 PM
I give up. Where is this wire?

From my research on this and other forums, the VSS can be found in 3 possible places.

1. Pin 50 on the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) is under the hood on the driver side next to the battery.
2. Green/white stripe wire on the 24 pin going into the instrument cluster. This wire drives the speedo.
3. Green/white stripe wire on the 24 pin going into the radio. This wire drives the speed sensitive volume control on the radio.

#1 is almost impossible. I know even know how this is accessed. All the clips and covers are very tight and compact. This is the toughest to get to.
#2 is also difficult to get to. I tried and failed to look under the instrument cluster to locate this 24 pin plug. Do I need to take any panels off to access this plug?
#3 looks easy. I have removed the factory radio and I do see a green/white stripe wire on A4 pin of the 24 pin plug. Is that it???

Puzzled and confused,

GasGuzzler

WHOSNEXT
06-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Gasg, What r u trying to do? I looked for the same thing last year when i was hooking up a new system in my truck and never found it, i never hooked that wire up and everything seem to work fine? hope this helps.

GasGuzzler
06-05-2007, 08:03 PM
I am installing a AVIC-D3 Navi. Those I mentioned are the 3 places that it can be found. I want to try #3 but want to be 100% sure before tapping it.

BTW, do you also own a 930? I have an 88 930 cab. Awesome and fast car.

THX

Gasg, What r u trying to do? I looked for the same thing last year when i was hooking up a new system in my truck and never found it, i never hooked that wire up and everything seem to work fine? hope this helps.

WHOSNEXT
06-05-2007, 08:19 PM
try this: http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17235&highlight=Speed+Sensor+wire

yes i have a 88 as well......its a 930 coupe though

GasGuzzler
06-05-2007, 10:54 PM
Thanks, I saw that last night. i have 2 plugs going into my factory radio. The 24 pin is almost fully populated but the 12 pin plug has only 2 wire going into it. It definitely doesn't have a green/white wire attached.

THX

try this: http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17235&highlight=Speed+Sensor+wire

yes i have a 88 as well......its a 930 coupe though