PDA

View Full Version : Northeast Hummer Event

HGW
08-22-2005, 09:33 PM
HGW is having a non judged show & shine on Saturday night, Sept 24, 2005 at Bridgeport Speedway--near the Delaware Memeorial Bridge.

We are lining up H1-H2-H3's on asphalt near in the race track midway. This is the area where spectators buy food, etc. and there is a seated area for Hummers owners to converse.

Each Hummer attending will be lined up in rows as follows:

No Mods
Less than 5K of mods
5K to 10K of mods
10K and up mods.

It is chance for Hummer owners to see what their aftermarket dollar will do for them on other people's Hummers.

The event will be covered by Ultimate Hummers Magazine. Contrary to the flyer, both the driver and a passenger will get in for free. Others will pay normal admission.

For those interested, we will do a parade lap of Hummers on the track prior to the main event. Bridgeport does this on Bike Night and has up to 50 motorcycles on the track doing a lap or two. It is a lot of fun for the Bikers.

This event is intended to be fun and just a gathering of Hummer owners. There are no sales being conducted at the event--there will just be a few HGW girls to make you comfortable.

PM me for a spot. Straglers are welcome too--just interested in a reasonable headcount.

HGW
08-22-2005, 09:33 PM
HGW is having a non judged show & shine on Saturday night, Sept 24, 2005 at Bridgeport Speedway--near the Delaware Memeorial Bridge.

We are lining up H1-H2-H3's on asphalt near in the race track midway. This is the area where spectators buy food, etc. and there is a seated area for Hummers owners to converse.

Each Hummer attending will be lined up in rows as follows:

No Mods
Less than 5K of mods
5K to 10K of mods
10K and up mods.

It is chance for Hummer owners to see what their aftermarket dollar will do for them on other people's Hummers.

The event will be covered by Ultimate Hummers Magazine. Contrary to the flyer, both the driver and a passenger will get in for free. Others will pay normal admission.

For those interested, we will do a parade lap of Hummers on the track prior to the main event. Bridgeport does this on Bike Night and has up to 50 motorcycles on the track doing a lap or two. It is a lot of fun for the Bikers.

This event is intended to be fun and just a gathering of Hummer owners. There are no sales being conducted at the event--there will just be a few HGW girls to make you comfortable.

PM me for a spot. Straglers are welcome too--just interested in a reasonable headcount.

Patriot
08-22-2005, 10:41 PM
I don't know if it's just me but the whole event just reads wrong to me....

....Making people advertise for a year simply by gving them park admission AND they have to go to other events???!??! WTF is that...

...and whats this mean:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> For example, I will provide a MagnaCharger at cost--you will pay for the install and my cost of the Charger </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I read that right....whats the difference of just buying the thing myself and having you install it or someone else? You're charging labor...and your charging cost of blower!!!??? Where's the work-at-cost...you're getting paid for labor!!!???

Like I said...this thing reads like a rip-off to me....sorry.

HGW
08-23-2005, 12:38 AM
Sorry you feel that way. I am trying to invite some Hummer owners into a different world, and then someone thinks I am trying to rip them off???

The promo is not part of the event and it has been removed. I will get more than five Hummer Owners that I already know who will jump at the chance of me doing work for them at significantly reduced rates. It is not worth the agg on here to try and do something positive.

I was saying in the promo that I was providing the MagnaCharger at my cost--I buy them wholesale! Search the net and you will not find single company offering a MagnaCharger at wholesale and I am providing the labor at my cost--no shop mark up. I guess it takes a small buisness owner to know what "at cost" means. For anyone else it means a MagnaCharger install for $1000-1500 less than anyone on here has paid to have one installed professionally.

So in exchange, I was asking for the person who saved $1500.00 to go to two more Hummer events in the next year. It was to help promote the track for the promoter. It was a win-win promotional opportunity.

I saved over 15K on my last H2 by being a sponsor and having others sponsor me. I had to put a few stickers on my H2 and attend some really fun events. I also continue to know and work with people all over the counrty in the World of Outlaws, NASCAR Drivers and track promoters, and major corporations. I guess I am getting ripped off? There is no free lunch in America anyway.

Patriot
08-23-2005, 07:07 AM
Funny how things change. This is what you first wrote that was delivered in my e-mail:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Sorry you feel that way.

The promo is not part of the event and I will remove it.

I am saying that I am providing the MagnaCharger at my cost--I buy them wholsale and I am providing labor at my cost--no shop mark up. That means you save about $1500.00 over what you would pay anywhere else.

I am not asking for advertising--just a classy decal on a person's H2. I work with DirtMotorSports, NASCAR, Shark Energy Drink, etc, etc. Trading work at reduced rates for promotion is the way the whole world of racing and marketing works. I give away Hummers for free for the right promotion.

The blower at my cost, not the price of the blower from a retail outlet or dealer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just to keep the record straight....

Do what you want as far as the ad...some may find it a "great deal"....

I just don't think it's worth it....

H2Finally
08-23-2005, 02:52 PM
Patriot, before giving comments willy nilly, do consider the source. HGW is an extremely bonafide member of this forum, and an expert mechanic. If I was in the East Coast, I would JUMP at the chance of having a blower installed BY AN EXPERT at 25% COST SAVING TO ME!!. Which part of that did you NOT understand? http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

mr.jeepster
08-23-2005, 03:28 PM
Like I said...this thing reads like a rip-off to me....sorry.[/QUOTE]

Wow. You guys need to mellow out. Sounds like a great deal to me - and it was pretty easy to understand. I joined this forum to discuss Hummers with other Hummer owners. Seems more like a forum to practice moronic arguments these days. So go ahead. Argue with me, call me a fag, post some gay prno pics. Whatever. I'm just learning who's posts to read and who's to skip over, etc. It's okay, I'm usually too busy out ENJOYING my Hummer and my family to get into all this crap.

HGW - sounds like fun. Wish I were closer than 3,000 miles away! Why don't you come out to the Left Coast and sponsor an event or two?
http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Scott
'03 H2 Black Adv. Pkg. w/10"DVD

H2_SUT_SC
08-23-2005, 03:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by desertfox:
Wow. You guys need to mellow out. Sounds like a great deal to me - and it was pretty easy to understand. I joined this forum to discuss Hummers with other Hummer owners. Seems more like a forum to practice moronic arguments these days. So go ahead. Argue with me, call me a fag, post some gay prno pics. Whatever. I'm just learning who's posts to read and who's to skip over, etc. It's okay, I'm usually too busy out ENJOYING my Hummer and my family to get into all this crap.

HGW - sounds like fun. Wish I were closer than 3,000 miles away! Why don't you come out to the Left Coast and sponsor an event or two?
http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Scott
'03 H2 Black Adv. Pkg. w/10"DVD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Completely agree. Have a promo on the west coast and I'd take you up on that offer in a heartbeat. Sounds like an awesome deal to me.

KenP
08-23-2005, 05:26 PM
Chill out gang. John is a stand up guy. Save 1500 and attend two events. What's the big deal? http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

DennisAJC
08-23-2005, 05:33 PM
In Canadian money, that's alot of savings! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Sound like a pretty good offer.

Not sure about taking the victory lap though. It screams of attention whore. And you all know how much I hate attention. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

HGW
08-23-2005, 07:02 PM
Thanks guys. I have always been upfront on here and could not understand what the guy was questioning.

I did however pull the HGW promo off the forum for now so as not to cloud up the event. Based on your comments, I may offer a promo again and will look into offering it nationwide. I am out in Vegas a lot and other parts of the West.

Still promo aside, whoever can attend this event will have a good time and get a chance to see what other Hummers owners are doing to their vehicles.

I have some women coming who will be happy to take the parade lap with you. You can also opt out of the parade lap--about half the motorcycles opt out.

I have done some crusing in my H2s on dirt tracks around the country (after the races are over)--it is not off roading, but it takes some balls to put your foot into it when going into the turns. The WoO run 850 HP sprint cars at full throttle--they have BALLS. Tony Stewart still races a sprinter for the excitement. He also bought a sprint race track in Ohio just recently. He brings some of the NASCAR Nextel boys over to race with him now and then. It draws quite a crowd.

This event is a slow parade lap only with all the Hummers in single file.

JMV1210
08-23-2005, 07:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Just to keep the record straight....

I just don't think it's worth it.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ya Patriot ,
HGW is a stand up guy and I have dealt with him on several occasions. Your comments could ruin my chance to get some work done at cost by an expert.

Patriot
08-23-2005, 07:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JMV1210:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Just to keep the record straight....

I just don't think it's worth it.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ya Patriot ,
HGW is a stand up guy and I have dealt with him on several occasions. Your comments could ruin my chance to get some work done at cost by an expert. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My comments were just that...MY COMMENTS! How would it ruin YOUR chances?....If you want to go for his "great deal" and be forced to wear that logo for a whole year...GO FOR IT! No ONE is stopping you!

Patriot
08-23-2005, 07:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2Finally:
Patriot, before giving comments willy nilly, do consider the source. HGW is an extremely bonafide member of this forum, and an expert mechanic. If I was in the East Coast, I would JUMP at the chance of having a blower installed BY AN EXPERT at 25% COST SAVING TO ME!!. Which part of that did you NOT understand? http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

25%??? If you're paying $6000 to put a blower on your H2, you're getting ass raped.

JMV1210
08-24-2005, 12:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Patriot:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2Finally:
Patriot, before giving comments willy nilly, do consider the source. HGW is an extremely bonafide member of this forum, and an expert mechanic. If I was in the East Coast, I would JUMP at the chance of having a blower installed BY AN EXPERT at 25% COST SAVING TO ME!!. Which part of that did you NOT understand? http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

25%??? If you're paying $6000 to put a blower on your H2, you're getting ass raped. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Patriot= fag

H2Finally
08-24-2005, 01:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Patriot:
25%??? If you're paying $6000 to put a blower on your H2, you're getting ass raped. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hmm, maybe you know something I don't. My dealer said $7-8K. Most places sell the supercharger alone $4-5K. The only one I know who got it at a discount similar to HGW was offering is Klaus -- and he doesn't count 'cause he's a guru of a diff level than most of us http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

Show me where I can get a supercharger installed for less than $6K?

HGW
08-27-2005, 12:20 AM
Humm This:

The sponsor game is tough. I have two H2s out in front of 1.3 million people each year, on Speed Channel, 165 races, 39 states, etc. and getting sponsors is still a tough game. They need know know exactly how you are going to benefit them.

I have an H2 going to the US Open soon---now that will get me more sponsors.

Unless you have an avenue to show a sponsor you can sell their product, it is almost impossible to get sponsored.

Maybe you can find a local shop who will do work for you in exchange for you doing some promo for them? It is a good place to start. As I have said before--there is no free lunch in America.

HGW
08-27-2005, 01:07 AM
Absolutely.

timgco
08-27-2005, 02:25 AM
Damn, you need to do this in Denver. Patrot- WTH? HGW- is not ripping anyone off? He's helping someone out with prices and offering a professioanl install at a discounted price. I don't see an issue here with taking him up on a noffer like that (if you want a SC) and than doing him the favor in return by going to two events in 12 months (that would be fun btw).

Hell, if he had one for the H3........ I'd go to serval events for him out here.

JMV1210
08-27-2005, 02:35 AM
HGW,
Not sure if you do this, but do you install strobe lights and wigwags for the alt head lights. May want to have this done if I go to the event and make the lap.

Also, I still need my Chrome door buckets installed on the Hummer. When next week would be a good time?

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
08-27-2005, 09:09 AM
I unfortunately cannot go as i have a show already scheduled for that date for which My company is a sponsor of the sound competion and We have Jermaine Tayor the new middle weight champ who will be their for My dealer and is coming to My booth and hang out because We are friends, so He is going to sign autographs. I'm trying to work a time to match his schedule to discuss His new 2006 that i will customize so We can layout what he wants or if he wants to just leave it to us. So We are hopng to pin Him down some at the show. He is able to stay in one place for only so long as He is asked for allot in the appearance world and he is such a nice guy he has a hard time telling people no. If not for this reason, which is a huge oppurtunity for Us and a Blessing i would go just to go see John I would just have to haul and make Him buy My fuel so everyone could see one of the 2 best looking H2's at the show including John's of course http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. I was afraid it would happen when John got screwed by a so called partner in the endeavor he moved into and that is all i will say about that. John and I are on the same page and doing similar things on the national level just in different areas which makes helping each other more fun becasue We do not have to compete. We do things for each other that the other is not up to speed at yet. We teach each other and as friends enjoy each others company. We both have gotten so busy that We do not get together as much but it changes nothing as all He has to do is call and all i have to do is call. Now I would like to address his offer.

His promotion is a very good offer if You have been out hustleing up sponsor's as he and I do. It is way better to get them to all pool there money and put 30 to 40 grand in Your rig than You doing it and still have expense to cover to haul it around and pay show entry fees etc. then You pay Your shop guys as You close down and take them with you.
I'm in the business now for a while and John shorted his promotion savings not trying to make it look to big of a deal. He offered a discount of around $1500 on install easily and Him saying he will sale it for wholesale He actually shorted the benefit numbers considerabley. He is offering install for a $1500 discount as mentioned but, if you have not bought a retail SC then He just saved You about $2000 to $2500 more dollars on top of install in the cost of the SC. John I know You well enough You know Your numbers better than that You must have just been caught off guard. What John is doing is saving a guy right around $4000 for a professionally installed SC which comes to around 50% off what you would normally pay retail for a reputable professionally installed even as LPE costs more. Now if $4000 is not worth going to a couple of shows which by the way are very fun to do then somebody is living in a world I do not understand.

John I appoligize for not being able to come and support you as i had planned on the first bigger show until again Your were screwed out of and just absolutely reniged on. I know You do not call it that hard but, I will call it what it is.
John We have a booth at another show this weekend I told You about and I will try to call You some time Saturday.
I again am sorry Buddy for not being able to support you this time. I will do My best to do better next time. I know the date was more last minute because of being jerked around.
I may still be coming to a NYC show in Oct. 05 but, it may be moved to spring 06. I have been asked as an invited guest not to compete. I'm starting to get more inquireies like that so I'm thinking of coming up with a fee scale somehow as all call and ask what would it cost for me to bring to let people look at it. I'm humbled and honored that with the word as it get's around in the show world and the good words you put in for Me is taking Me to a different level than I thought i would move to. I have 5 companies wanting to use the H2 in SEMA but, all have to small of space and trying to trade up but, it is almost futile. Come next year i will have My own booth to promote HUMMERcustoms.com and Motorsportsauthority.com
The companies are wanting to work me in even if I cannot be in their booth but working deal where I will run My sponsor lop on the PC on all screens and a 27" monitor with wifi to get feed outside on a table. John if You know of anyone as sometimes there are cancelations by companies and need last minute rigs. would You please help as i check around and work with these others as I have told them first come first serve. I told them rig is free but, i would like 2 rooms for crew and fuel to haul it there and back. The organizers said I should bring it because there will be no shows and He will just move me in for a vendor so they will have something to bling and draw eyes to them. Not wild about it but, i need to promote some sponsors there.
In fact anyone that may know off a company needing a nice rig the offer stands for them as well.
John is straight up on the difficulty of the sponsor world. I'm going throught it now. You have to show them how You will be able to benefit them in promoting there product and each sponsor has different expetations. You have to give them a list of Your show schedule and if you miss You have to be accountable for why as they expect You to be there. Mine have been more lenient as it has been as major retool most of the summer and like John have people tell you they will do something and then screw you and You have to hunt someone else or eat it yourself and spend the money as it most likely is cool and you need it anyway.
Well anyway I wold anyone in the area go and have fun and take a shot at the prize it is a good deal.
Sorry John hopefully next time.

TAZ

H2BRUTE
08-27-2005, 09:32 AM
Sounds like a great deal and more than anything "fun". Wish you could make it also to S Florida. Tons of H2's here, now H3's as well.

MUH_HUM
08-28-2005, 03:51 AM
I'm west coast but would love to go to this thing. I think it would be fun. HGW, keep doin' what you're doing. Your knowledge and expertise are VERY valued on this forum. Both you and TAZ make me laugh because I say to myself, good God, how do these guys know this ****. I'm lucky if I can change the F*ing tire!

In this day and age, the fact that you can get sponsorship means you know what you're doing and have a successful business venture.

Keep the faith brother.