PDA

View Full Version : WTF is wrong with California's healthcare???

DennisAJC
06-14-2007, 06:23 PM
Imagine this happening to your wife, child or loved one?

Doctor watches woman died on ER floor after refusing to help her.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/13/hospitaldeath.probe.ap/index.html

jmsspratlin
06-14-2007, 06:55 PM
He will def loose his license. As a doc/nurse/etc. you take a hypocratic oath. In that, you provide care regardless of monentary gain. What an A-hole!:mad:

DennisAJC
06-14-2007, 06:59 PM
He will def loose his license. As a doc/nurse/etc. you take a hypocratic oath. In that, you provide care regardless of monentary gain. What an A-hole!:mad:

:iagree:

I wonder how many hundreds of millions of dollars the family will sue for and win?:shhh:

jmsspratlin
06-14-2007, 07:15 PM

I wonder how many hundreds of millions of dollars the family will sue for and win?:shhh:

I figure they could probably name their price at this point. Hell, the guy that lost his pants at the dry-cleaners is sueing for something like 52 mil I believe. Damn....what is society coming to?:twak:

Steve - SanJose
06-14-2007, 07:21 PM
Very sad.

fourfourto
06-14-2007, 07:27 PM
I dont think it would happen where I live so why should it happen anywhere in US.:twak:

:rant: My idiot brother in law :twak: 23 years old acts like 12.
Got into a motorcycle crash with his buddy rear ending him,Both of them had no insurance(for bike and health).
They tried to pin his toe back on and stayed 3 days in hospital.
It didnt take so they removed his middle toe 2 weeks later knowing he didnt have insurance it was 2 more days in hospital.
A few weeks pass and he gets a bill for $40,000+

He has no job (Looser:lame: ) And isnt going to pay anytime soon.
I guess he will straighten out eventually and have to pay if he ever wants good credit and gets a life.

bparker
06-14-2007, 07:31 PM
You guys need to wake up. Its not entirely the hospitals fault.

I am not going to wager in this case as I dont know but the ENTIRE health system in the USA is FAWKED UP.

There are tons of people that dont have health care and not to mention the MILLIONS of illegals in this country that run to the ER when they get a sniffle which clogs up the ER.

Since we have the law where they can not refuse help, illegals flock to the ER for the common cold.

ER people can only handle so much and if professionally and emotionally left to work in such an enviornment where dam near 90% are illegal and without health care and only have the flu they become insensitive to thier mission at hand.

I am not saying that its right - but at least have the common sense to see what it is and neither side is right - the system is fawked up by making ER people work endless hours on illegals while the real needy get left behind.

I figure they could probably name their price at this point. Hell, the guy that lost his pants at the dry-cleaners is sueing for something like 52 mil I believe. Damn....what is society coming to?:twak:

MarineHawk
06-14-2007, 07:35 PM

I am not going to wager in this case as I dont know but the ENTIRE health system in the USA is FAWKED UP.

There are tons of people that dont have health care and not to mention the MILLIONS of illegals in this country that run to the ER when they get a sniffle which clogs up the ER.

Since we have the law where they can not refuse help, illegals flock to the ER for the common cold.

ER people can only handle so much and if professionally and emotionally left to work in such an enviornment where dam near 90% are illegal and without health care and only have the flu they become insensitive to thier mission at hand.

I am not saying that its right - but at least have the common sense to see what it is and neither side is right - the system is fawked up by making ER people work endless hours on illegals while the real needy get left behind.

She was vomiting blood. http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/13/hos....ap/index.html

Probably ought to prioritize her care a little higher at that point.

DennisAJC
06-14-2007, 07:43 PM

I admit it's very easy for us to talk tough with our opinions and views, but bottom line is people are people no matter who they are.

I honestly think you wouldn't be able to look that dying woman in the eye and tell her that. It takes a certain psycho to do what that doctor did.

The video cameras tell a different story. An undercapacity ER with the doctor holding a cup of coffee leaning against the counter watching her die vomiting blood while the janitor calmly mops up the blood around her.

bparker
06-14-2007, 08:03 PM
True Dennis its a terrible story. No doubt. But we are in a crisis in regards to health care.

If it were my mom/wife/relative and I was there I would NOT accept them not caring for her. And if my efforts had failed and my mom/wife/relative died as this woman did - there would be some serious docs needed from all parts of the world to put those people back together after ignoring a loved one like that.

I would have gladly gone to jail "disturbing the peace" in effort to get her some attention.

Its just sad but if you think about it they seriously needed to riot a bit and they would have had the attention they needed. Staying calm and quiet apparently didnt work - but isnt it sad that is what it takes to get someone to help you? Hence we need reform badly.

I admit it's very easy for us to talk tough with our opinions and views, but bottom line is people are people no matter who they are.

I honestly think you wouldn't be able to look that dying woman in the eye and tell her that. It takes a certain psycho to do what that doctor did.

The video cameras tell a different story. An undercapacity ER with the doctor holding a cup of coffee leaning against the counter watching her die vomiting blood while the janitor calmly mops up the blood around her.

jmsspratlin
06-14-2007, 08:46 PM
True Dennis its a terrible story. No doubt. But we are in a crisis in regards to health care.

If it were my mom/wife/relative and I was there I would NOT accept them not caring for her. And if my efforts had failed and my mom/wife/relative died as this woman did - there would be some serious docs needed from all parts of the world to put those people back together after ignoring a loved one like that.

I would have gladly gone to jail "disturbing the peace" in effort to get her some attention.

Its just sad but if you think about it they seriously needed to riot a bit and they would have had the attention they needed. Staying calm and quiet apparently didnt work - but isnt it sad that is what it takes to get someone to help you? Hence we need reform badly.

Steve - SanJose
06-14-2007, 09:13 PM

I agree. Well put.

h2co-pilot
06-15-2007, 01:04 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,281775,00.html

Rodriguez died of a perforated bowel on May 9 at Martin Luther King Jr.-Harbor Hospital. Her death was ruled accidental by the Los Angeles County coroner's office.

From Fox News. CNN sux.:p

Apparently she had been in there 3 times for abdominal pain. If she had been sticking things in her butt she should have disclosed it!!!!!

But it still doesn't make it right.

There are too many things that make healthcare undesirable here, but I don't want to get worked up. Lawsuits being A #1.

Dan Rather
06-15-2007, 01:58 AM
It wouldn't have anything to do with the entire health care system being overworked so badly by all of the illegal aliens that's it's teetering on the verge of collapse. On any given day in Southern California the ER's are jammed beyond capacity with illegals.

Walter_Cronkite
06-15-2007, 02:18 AM
Don't forget the unemployed negros and dying homosexuals.

I long for the old days where everything was white and we were allowed to sodomize our livestock without batting an eye.

Jim_Cantore
06-15-2007, 02:23 AM
And don't forget about all those damn Katrina "victims".

DRTYFN
06-15-2007, 04:47 AM
And don't forget about all those damn Katrina "criminals & burdens on the welfare system".

F1x0r3d

Agriv8r
06-15-2007, 03:18 PM
its easy to see both sides as long as your not on one of them...

Ed Kennedy
06-15-2007, 03:47 PM
I long for the old days where everything was white and we were allowed to sodomize our livestock without batting an eye.

Come visit me at the compound Walt. We've got plenty of exotic livestock and the hospitable people here won't bother you during any urgent moments of intimacy.

jmsspratlin
06-15-2007, 04:08 PM
And don't forget about all those damn Katrina "victims".

I agree!:beerchug: