PDA

View Full Version : Viper owner = OWNED

Mr. I - Man
06-19-2007, 06:08 PM
:OWNED: June 19, 2007 PLAINFIELD, Ill. - The Plainfield police have a speedy new car in their fleet -- thanks to a lead-footed driver who was busted going 127 miles per hour in a 35 zone.

The 2000 Viper is being used for Plainfield's Drug Abuse Resistance Education -- or DARE -- program.
Plainfield patrol officer Mario Marzetta says he heard the car's engine revving before it blew by him last year going almost 100 miles per hour over the speed limit.

The driver ended up facing a charge of felony fleeing and eluding police, and the Viper became property of the Plainfield Police Department. For its new gig, the black sports car got a custom paint job featuring an American flag and the word "Police." It'll be used at community events, in parades and at schools.

Hummer Aficionado_VT
06-19-2007, 06:17 PM
That paint job is a great way to ruin a cool ride. :mad:

I would be sooo mad, but then again, 100 over the speed limit is pushing it... :giggling:

dеiтайожни
06-19-2007, 06:23 PM
sux2bhim. 'least it wasn't a lambo! Just goes to show... if you are going to speed excessively, don't slow down unless you want your car seized.

Steve - SanJose
06-19-2007, 06:29 PM
featuring the word "Police." , like the band...

HummerHippy
06-19-2007, 08:29 PM
I'm sorry, but why can they seize it?? I know drug related convictions can lead to property seizure (thanks ronny raygun). But for speeding? Really?

Agriv8r
06-19-2007, 08:48 PM
its been said before, if you are going to do the crime, be ready to pay the fine......