PDA

View Full Version : Time for a new ride........

BlueTJCO
06-21-2007, 06:50 PM
Well were going to get Angie a new car here in the next couple of weeks. We have narrowed our choices down quite a bit and now I'm curious if anyone here drives any of these vehicles, and can give me some opinions on them..........What did you like/dislike? Any problems? etc.etc.etc...

Cars we are looking at:

1. 2007 Toyota Camry XLE

I really like the looks of the car, and it's very nice with the 18 inch rims. The motor is powerful and it's very refined inside.

2. 2007 Honda Accord

Angie really likes the accord.......I'm not as into it. The motor is still powerful but it's definately not as nice or refined as the toyota. Still......gotta consider Honda's reliability........

3. 2007 Redesigned Nissan Altima

The smallest out of the three, but is very sharp and fast........has the 270hp Maxima motor and is just a damn good looking car. Dont know much about Nissan's long term reliablity however....

we really were looking for a newer G35 X Sedan but cant find any at a decent price. If we get a car we are going to get one brand new, have the warranty, and make sure we get something with long term reliability.

SUV's we are looking at:

1. New Grand Cherokee or Commander

I really like the room in the Commander. It's very comfy up front, has nav, and the V8 is plenty powerful. It drives nice also (Imo)

2. Honda Pilot

Again not my favorite....but it's nice, drives like a car, and seats 7.

3. Toyota 4-Runner or Chevy Trailblazer

Have not driven either one yet, going to do that this week. I owned a 2000 ZR2 blazer and really liked it. The trailblazer is nice looking but I've never been in one...only seen them from the outside.

CO Hummer
06-21-2007, 06:56 PM
Moonie,
I would DEFINITELY get the Honda Pilot. We are finishing up our 3rd year of a lease and are going out to get another one.

Adam in CO
06-21-2007, 07:10 PM
Don't buy a Hummer.

They suck.

Steve - SanJose
06-21-2007, 07:11 PM
Honda Pilot and Toyota 4Runner (if you need towing abilities of a truck) are first choices. I know people with both and they are happy with the vehicles. I had a rental Trailblazer for a couple of days and it was cheezy and ugly, no thanks.

jmsspratlin
06-21-2007, 07:39 PM
Maybe a BMW 530i. Oh, I also know a guy that has one;)

marin8703
06-21-2007, 07:43 PM
pontiac has a better choice than all of the cars you listed up top. better lookin car and better performing too.

KenP
06-21-2007, 07:50 PM
Get what she wants. That's the only real choice out there.

BigPoppa1411
06-21-2007, 07:54 PM
Your best bet is getting EXACTLY what she wants. Saves you many "discussions" and "Headaches" trust me.
Which is why the wifey has her own H3!;)

BlueTJCO
06-21-2007, 08:11 PM
problem is.....she is very indecisive on this one. She really does like all of the cars I listed. She likes the looks, she likes the way they drive.....and she can't really make up her mind.........:beerchug: ........so now I'm trying to help her decide on a couple to stick with, and then get serious about getting one.

BlueTJCO
06-21-2007, 08:18 PM
Moonie,
I would DEFINITELY get the Honda Pilot. We are finishing up our 3rd year of a lease and are going out to get another one.

I dont know whether to take you seriously or not...........:confused:

but.............she really did like it a LOT when she drove it. I thought it was nice myself. Has good power and drives more like a car.

I think her choices right now are:

Honda Pilot
Toyota Camry
Honda Accord

....................I'm pushing for the Altima.........it screams....I'd say a little quicker than the G35...............:D.........

VQ35DE ? 3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve V6
Horsepower ? 270 hp @ 6,000 rpm
Torque ? 258 lb-ft @ 4,400 rpm

oh yea.........this car's for her..........:(

BlueTJCO
06-21-2007, 08:19 PM
Don't buy a Hummer.

They suck.

I know.........:D

BlueTJCO
06-21-2007, 08:20 PM
Your best bet is getting EXACTLY what she wants. Saves you many "discussions" and "Headaches" trust me.

I'm planning on getting the 4 door wrangler soon for myself. No need for an H3, although I do like them.

BlueTJCO
06-21-2007, 08:31 PM
pontiac has a better choice than all of the cars you listed up top. better lookin car and better performing too.

and it's called the.........................................:twak:

MarineHawk
06-21-2007, 08:44 PM
Buy her a used Unimog or 6x6 Pinzgauer. I'm sure that's what she subconsciously wants, even if she won't admit it.

Steve - SanJose
06-21-2007, 09:05 PM

Good point. I have a friend that bought her a Bonneville (and she wanted a Accord), not a good choice.

MarineHawk
06-21-2007, 09:06 PM
Don't buy a Hummer.

They suck.

True, unless you buy one from Medved Hummer in Denver. If you do, the consistently-awesome responsiveness of the highly-superior customer-centered maintenance and customer-relations staff there make buying a Hummer an experience not to be missed, despite the obvious design flaws in the vehicle.

usetosellhummer
06-21-2007, 09:09 PM
Hondas suck
don't buy the blazer, going away
buy a hyundai santa fe

RubHer Yellow Ducky
06-21-2007, 09:15 PM
buy her a Pacer

BigPoppa1411
06-21-2007, 09:25 PM
Hondas suck
don't buy the blazer, going away
buy a hyundai santa fe
I had a Santa Fe before the H3. was struck on driver side by redlight runner thrown into the air landing on roof and rolling 3 times. The Santa Fe protected me really well, course my "extra padding" helped a lot too!:giggling:
But it did a great job of keeping me safe, according to my Dr... I should be dead.

Sorry...off topic. I would go with the Camry. Had one years ago and really liked it!

usetosellhummer
06-21-2007, 09:38 PM
buy a new Geylander 2, they look swell:jump:

K9sH3
06-21-2007, 10:10 PM
Honda Pilot...

jmsspratlin
06-21-2007, 10:16 PM
Still, I vote for the BMW 530i:D

usetosellhummer
06-22-2007, 04:01 AM
BMW yes

K9sH3
06-22-2007, 04:09 AM
O wait, you know whats is bad arse fast and nice, the Jeep SRT8 that thing is crazy. Not much use for anything else but to go fast.

Ok I am changing my answer... Go with that. But not the Blue it sucks.

:beerchug:

jmsspratlin
06-22-2007, 04:28 AM
BMW yes

TO-SHAY!!!!:D :perfect10s:

KenP
06-22-2007, 06:23 AM
problem is.....she is very indecisive on this one. She really does like all of the cars I listed. She likes the looks, she likes the way they drive.....and she can't really make up her mind.........:beerchug: ........so now I'm trying to help her decide on a couple to stick with, and then get serious about getting one.Take the time to use each vehicle as a date vehicle for you two. If you get "more" in one versus the others, then get that one. It's the one that makes her, ummm, happy.:clapping:

timgco
06-22-2007, 03:40 PM
True, unless you buy one from Medved Hummer in Denver. If you do, the consistently-awesome responsiveness of the highly-superior customer-centered maintenance and customer-relations staff there make buying a Hummer an experience not to be missed, despite the obvious design flaws in the vehicle.

OMG!!!!!!!:jump: :giggling: :twak:

3Hummer
06-22-2007, 04:06 PM
ill continue on and go with the BMW. What about taking a look at the Wrangler unlimeted

BlueTJCO
06-22-2007, 04:15 PM
ill continue on and go with the BMW. What about taking a look at the Wrangler unlimeted

I plan on getting myself the new wrangler.............

anytime I hear Jay Z rap... "we dont drive X-5's, we give em to babies momma's" it makes me kinda chuckle..........:o

DennisAJC
06-22-2007, 04:41 PM
anytime I hear Jay Z rap... "we dont drive X-5's, we give em to babies momma's" it makes me kinda chuckle..........:o
:jump:

X5s have a 7 seater now don't they? Still a sweet looking ride.

marin8703
06-22-2007, 04:51 PM
and it's called the.........................................:twak:

i was thinking any of them would be better, but specifically the G6 in this situation.

BlueTJCO
06-22-2007, 04:57 PM
i was thinking any of them would be better, but specifically the G6 in this situation.

The G-6 is not even close in comparison in speed. Go drive them and you will see what I mean. The Altima would run circles around it.......same with the toyota.......but maybe that is just my impression after driving them. I drove a G-6 and it was not as quick nor as responsive and I'm possitive it was the V-6 version.

I have always kinda stayed away from pontiacs. They seem ok.....but the resale value on them is terrible.

Steve - SanJose
06-22-2007, 04:57 PM
G6 Pontiac? I rented one once, it was okay.

BlueTJCO
06-22-2007, 05:04 PM

I'm thinking that the New Camry is going to be the one.........we like the TRD Version like these two. We will for sure get the TRD 18 inch wheel option and a few other options. Would like it to resemble something like the black one....just not quite as low profile tires.........:beerchug:

BlueTJCO
06-22-2007, 05:09 PM
I JUST GOT THIS EMAIL ABOUT TWO MINUTES AGO...........:confused:

"Babe, can we please go look at the Cadillac CTS? The 2.8 litre would be just fine"

:yawn: ...............just when I thought we were getting somewhere...........:D

NewHummerGuy
06-22-2007, 05:10 PM

I'm thinking that the New Camry is going to be the one.........we like the TRD Version like these two. We will for sure get the TRD 18 inch wheel option and a few other options. Would like it to resemble something like the black one....just not quite as low profile tires.........:beerchug:

Man I am digging that red TRD with the black/charcoal accents. Thats pretty damn smooth.

Agriv8r
06-22-2007, 05:10 PM
the best car for her is the one that she likes the best....

marin8703
06-22-2007, 05:19 PM
The G-6 is not even close in comparison in speed. Go drive them and you will see what I mean. The Altima would run circles around it.......same with the toyota.......but maybe that is just my impression after driving them. I drove a G-6 and it was not as quick nor as responsive and I'm possitive it was the V-6 version.

I have always kinda stayed away from pontiacs. They seem ok.....but the resale value on them is terrible.

cant compare from experience, have only driven the g6, im just comparing specs adn tehy are pretty clsoe, only several hp difference. the price is a little lower too. the g6 i drove seemed verr responsice and quick. i suggested it cauze in my opinion it has better styling. but depends whos gona drive it.

also the ford fusion is pretty good. looks nice, havent looked at its specs.

but if your set with the chices up top i would go with the nisan altima. dont know much abpout it, but teh reason i'd go for it is because its not out there so much as teh other two, at least i think not. and its better looking

DennisAJC
06-22-2007, 05:48 PM
the best car for her is the one that she likes the best....

:iagree:

Steve - SanJose
06-22-2007, 06:08 PM
:iagree:

I also agree, but it's my job to help eliminate the really unacceptable lame choices. The final decision is hers.

KenP
06-22-2007, 06:20 PM
Get what she wants. That's the only real choice out there.the best car for her is the one that she likes the best....:iagree: I also agree, but it's my job to help eliminate the really unacceptable lame choices. The final decision is hers.Oh sure, just jump on the bandwagon, boys.:fdance: ;)

Steve - SanJose
06-22-2007, 07:07 PM
Oh sure, just jump on the bandwagon, boys.:fdance: ;)

That's right, because she pays for her fancy cars.

Agriv8r
06-22-2007, 07:10 PM
Oh sure, just jump on the bandwagon, boys.:fdance: ;)

thats not one of the choices, but if she likes it, then get her the bandwagon....

mikejr
06-23-2007, 12:19 PM
we've had a Trailblazer LT since 2004. Great vehicle, no troubles, rides nice, lots of power. We're loading it up for the Buffett concert today!

The trailblazer is my wife's daily driver and she loves it.

RubHer Yellow Ducky
06-23-2007, 01:23 PM
we've had a Trailblazer LT since 2004. Great vehicle, no troubles, rides nice, lots of power. We're loading it up for the Buffett concert today!

The trailblazer is my wife's daily driver and she loves it.

ParrotHeads RULE !!!

Steve - SanJose
06-24-2007, 12:54 AM
What's a "bandwagon", another one of those failed Buick models?