PDA

View Full Version : etiquette (sp?)

CJ
11-27-2002, 04:18 AM
Have just started seeing other H2's on the road. the question is: does flashing my lights or waving at you cross the goofy line? I look forward to meeting other h2 enthusiasts. When I spot another one I just want to slam on the brakes, get out and give em a high five. Any one think this is whacky?

CJ
11-27-2002, 04:18 AM
Have just started seeing other H2's on the road. the question is: does flashing my lights or waving at you cross the goofy line? I look forward to meeting other h2 enthusiasts. When I spot another one I just want to slam on the brakes, get out and give em a high five. Any one think this is whacky?

Steve R
11-27-2002, 04:23 AM
Absolutely NOT! I have the very same feeling. I love the fact that we're like a family.

Some of the H1 guys look at ya kinda funny...like "I don't think so!".

And there's always the soccer mom who just looks at you thinking she knows you (oblivious to the fact that we're both driving the same vehicle).

But, in the end..most other H2 owners will give ya the thumbs-up and are happy to chat! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

MAC
11-27-2002, 05:48 AM
I am more on the shy side as far as waving or hugging another stranger Hummer driver. I rather hide behind tinted window if I can. I used to be the only H2, there are several H1s in my neighborhood, now I started seeing 1-2 more H2s. There was a black H2 parked next to my black H2 yesterday at the bank, we did not say hello, no eye contact. It had 24“ rims and low profile tires, looked like a low rider type of guy, and I was in my usual stiff suit and tie. I should‘ve taken the initiative to make a greeting. I will do that next time when I see an H2 driver so close to me.
Thanks for brining up the subject. Made me changed my mind.

Hummer Man
11-27-2002, 11:06 AM
The correct unique response that is now sweeping the nation is the "HUMMER THUMBS UP" exchage by drivers of the 2 Hummer H2's. It was rumored to have been started by the very first two H2's that ever passed each other on the road and is already a legend. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

KAC
11-27-2002, 11:17 AM
I came across another H2 the morning after I picked mine up from the dealer. I was exiting the highway and he passed me waving enthusiastically - I waved back. If I came across someone in a parking lot, I'd definitely talk to them. Definitely not goofy or whacky IMHO. I will say that my salesman told me I was his most enthusiastic customer to date so maybe I am a little whacky /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif after all.

Kim

KAC
'03 Red Adv Series

CJ
11-28-2002, 11:48 PM
I think the low rider h2 would have had somethng interesting to say ... at the very least an explanation that was interesting. I will be out in the desert tomorrow and when I see another H2 I will throw a thumbs up first then stop, hop out and give em a high five. Maybe even take some pics to plaster around the office so I will never be far away from the fun zone. Thanks for the comments.

Zing
11-29-2002, 12:55 AM
The first H2 I've seen while driving was a red one on the highway. I couldn't contain myself. I drove up got his attention and waved enthusisastically while giving him the thumbs up. He didn't acknowledge me and tried not to look at me. I was in my Jeep Grand Cherokee. Man am I such a dork.

Gary
11-29-2002, 01:15 AM
On another H2 list...we all decided the "Official HUMMER H2 Wave" would be our first two fingers spread apart like making the "Nixon" or "Peace" sign. Be careful not to get your two finger too close together otherwise your doing the cub scout sign. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif The two fingers apart means "H2", the other list joked about using the middle finger for the H1. That joke fortunately went flat. Have a great holiday weekend.

Gary
Finlayson, MN

MAC
11-29-2002, 02:20 AM
This waving thing has to be done right. As the King Hummer, I am quite experienced, I observed & learned from fellow leaders on TV. You raise you hand to eye level about one foot from your head, palm facing inside up at about 45 degrees, with maybe some tiny movement to show a little sincerity, same way Saddam Hussein does it, or Queen of England. Dictators, Kings and Queens have to wave a lot, consequently one must limit the movement. Too much enthusiasm weakens your authority. I do it several times a day from my home to boys' school and back. http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/bigwave.gif http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/wave2.gif http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/wavey.gif

HeeHaw
11-29-2002, 02:25 AM
We waved. As for the question, NO! I do not think is is dorky or anything of a nature to wave. Glad to hear Mac changed his mind, he (Mac) seems kinda of interesting and would probably have something clever to say. One of those people you meet and when you drive away, you're thinking "That was really funny."

As for the 22" or 24" wheels, whatever they were, I would love to say "What the hell where you thinking?" just to hear his response.....

"It was just a horse!"..............Ralph

HeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

MAC
11-29-2002, 02:44 AM
You do not, I repeat, do not speak to a low rider with disrespect, unless if you are a cop or stupid or real big! They have a different language system, in hind sight, it was wise for me not to risk it to speak to that 24" rim Hummer driver. I could say the wrong thing.

"What we have here is a failure to communicate." what movie was that and who said that to whom?

kelleymac2000
11-29-2002, 02:54 AM
Cool Hand Luke...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MAC:

"What we have here is a failure to communicate." what movie was that and who said that to whom?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HeeHaw
11-29-2002, 03:01 AM
I'm probalby more of risk taker than you and I certainly don't shy away from interesting encounters, but then again, I do it for a living and you don't. You probably did the right thing and I was NOT CRITIZING you, just talking out loud.

I certainly don't agree with their abomination of my beloved H2, but sometimes these folks are interesting. Kinda of a mutual respect thing. But, there are always the trouble makers and I stay clear of them off duty.

"Was he with his guma?"...........Tony Soprano

HeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

As for the movie quote that was "Cool Hand Luke"

See yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

HeeHaw
11-29-2002, 03:02 AM
And it was Paul Newman........

HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

HeeHaw
11-29-2002, 03:08 AM
But the entire quote goes something like this:

"What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men."

Later in the movie, the main character, Luke (Paul Newman), still cocky despite being cornered by prison guards, openly mocks the Captain with the famous line, talking out loud to himself.

HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwwwww /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

MAC
11-29-2002, 03:21 AM
You guys/gals are right, I will greet other Hummers in the future, at least I will try; will not be easy for me, Including the low rider, you can't judge people by their appearances or professions, race or money or lack of, now I had a few minutes to think about what I just said above, I admit I was wrong. A good example of that is what many people perceived or say negatively about rich people, I can say that here because many look at your Hummer, they assume you are rich, as such you must be rude and snobby. Of course we all know Hummer people are the nicest on earth.

What's that famous line? I have the "Failure to Communicate" etched in my mind for decades, I don't remember any other lines. HeeHaw reminds me the movie "Get Shorty."

HeeHaw
11-29-2002, 03:35 AM
As for "Get Shorty", the line was.........

Drum roll.............

"Look at me."...........Dennis and John both used the line and when Gene Hackman said "Look at me" he got hit up side his head by a telephone....Very funny scene............

"I look like a dork"..........baby Bing Sopranos

HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

MAC
11-29-2002, 03:57 AM
Yes that was funny, Hackman tried to play tough with the big nose Mafia guy. A friend of mine is a Long Beach cop, we were talking about Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown, both I love. I asked him "Do people really talk like that?" Samuel Jackson had 5 F-words in every sentence. I almost never know anyone talk with F-word, at least not to/with me. My cop friend looked at me like I came from another planet, "Where have you been?" Haven't seen a Terrance Teratino movie for a long time. We better quit movie talk. Ain't you the cop who wants to buy that eBay Hummer salesman? I better stay away from you. My wife wants to watch movie now, we have 4 DVDs we have to finish this weekend. "Elvis is leaving the building!" Nice talking to you.

HeeHaw
11-29-2002, 04:37 AM
By the way, I ALMOST bid.....ha ha ha

See ya

HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

JCJ
11-29-2002, 11:22 AM
You guys and galls are so lucky you CAN wave to other H2's. Mine is the only one here. Of course I get to wave to friends and patients (some are both), usually in response. The wife asked me if this is not tiresome or even dangerous, because the waving occurs every few secs. Now she insists in waving back only every other one, when she is driving the truck, because usually people assume it's me. I said she could just flash (the high beam, guys!). /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

For one of course it is so grrrrreat driving the Hummer, that you try to find any excuse to drive it. But sometimes I do insist in driving behind in the other car (okay, it is a Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd., also white, no red cross) just to feel a little bit like another wannabee/admiror ... /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Arizona Hummerboy
11-29-2002, 03:00 PM
I have even had people in Hummer H1 stop me to chat about my H2.
I see it this way if you own a Hummer anyone that own a Hummer will chat with you. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif