PDA

View Full Version : 2'' LIFT KITS

WORKIN
10-23-2005, 12:49 PM
I've searched the threads, which most seem to be older posts. does anyone have any new info on a 2'' lift that won't scarafice ride ?

WORKIN
10-23-2005, 12:49 PM
I've searched the threads, which most seem to be older posts. does anyone have any new info on a 2'' lift that won't scarafice ride ?

rodster
10-23-2005, 01:52 PM
I went through the same search a few months ago and no, there isn't a 2" lift kit available.

There are torsion keys and other gizmos that might give you the 2" but based on what I read here and elsewhere, the 2" isn't worth the negative impact realized on front-end geometry.

I heard about a 3" kit recently and chased that lead down. Not true -- no such thing.

Rancho 4" is the smallest kit.

VTSTOMPER
10-23-2005, 01:54 PM
I would LOVE a 2-3 inch lift kit as well. Personally I would not want to go any higher. Just to get a stout look, that will assist in off road applications.

Does one need to screw big time with the air suspension when doing a lift?

WORKIN
10-23-2005, 05:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:
I went through the same search a few months ago and no, there isn't a 2" lift kit available.

There are torsion keys and other gizmos that might give you the 2" but based on what I read here and elsewhere, the 2" isn't worth the negative impact realized on front-end geometry.

I heard about a 3" kit recently and chased that lead down. Not true -- no such thing.

Rancho 4" is the smallest kit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's not what i wanted to hear.....from the posts, it sounds as if a lift, creates a harsh ride period. I would love to get some beefy 37's under there, with no problems. is it true the front end sits lower than the back stock ?

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
10-23-2005, 06:01 PM
Hey rodster
Did You ask John at HGW abuot 3" lift?
I was thought he had found one but, it may just be My meds or forgetting to take them. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

TAZ

rodster
10-23-2005, 06:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ:
Did You ask John at HGW abuot 3" lift? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure did, Taz. No luck. He directed me to Rancho's 4" kit. Thanks all the same!

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
10-23-2005, 06:27 PM
Buddy, I will get Dragon to help search but, seriously I saw a company that offered a 3" lift and I'm almost positive.
If I do not spot it again while I'm at SEMA i will see if anyone has one coming.

TAZ

rodster
10-23-2005, 06:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WORKIN:
.....from the posts, it sounds as if a lift, creates a harsh ride period. I would love to get some beefy 37's under there, with no problems. is it true the front end sits lower than the back stock ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've read quite a bit about lifting the H2 and with the exception of one recent (and I think, resolved) problem that was discussed here on the forum, other owners' experiences have for the most part been positive. Maybe I missed some posts?

You may have been reading about adjusting the torsion bars to create front end lift? Not sure if that's the case but that approach is known to stiffen the ride.

As for the front being lower than the back, that does seem to be a fairly common occurrence but it isn’t an absolute rule.

Quite a few people here run 37s with little or no rubbing, self included. Sure, I'd like to have a 2" lift so I don't run the tires into the top of the wheel well when hitting an unexpected dip in the trail and yes, I'd like to eliminate what little rubbing I do get on the right side when in a tight turn but those situations really aren't all that bad in my truck.

If your ultimate goal is to run 37s without problems (and the lift was/is an afterthought), that’s probably doable. That said, much like some trucks sit lower in the front and some don’t, some trucks with 37s rub on the sway bars and other places when other trucks, with the same wheels and tires, don’t. Just about all you can do it go for it.

rodster
10-23-2005, 06:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ:
Buddy, I will get Dragon to help search but, seriously I saw a company that offered a 3" lift and I'm almost positive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Love to hear about it if you find it -- thanks!

WORKIN
10-23-2005, 09:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WORKIN:
.....from the posts, it sounds as if a lift, creates a harsh ride period. I would love to get some beefy 37's under there, with no problems. is it true the front end sits lower than the back stock ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've read quite a bit about lifting the H2 and with the exception of one recent (and I think, resolved) problem that was discussed here on the forum, other owners' experiences have for the most part been positive. Maybe I missed some posts?

You may have been reading about adjusting the torsion bars to create front end lift? Not sure if that's the case but that approach is known to stiffen the ride.

As for the front being lower than the back, that does seem to be a fairly common occurrence but it isn’t an absolute rule.

Quite a few people here run 37s with little or no rubbing, self included. Sure, I'd like to have a 2" lift so I don't run the tires into the top of the wheel well when hitting an unexpected dip in the trail and yes, I'd like to eliminate what little rubbing I do get on the right side when in a tight turn but those situations really aren't all that bad in my truck.

If your ultimate goal is to run 37s without problems (and the lift was/is an afterthought), that’s probably doable. That said, much like some trucks sit lower in the front and some don’t, some trucks with 37s rub on the sway bars and other places when other trucks, with the same wheels and tires, don’t. Just about all you can do it go for it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure eithier what i read. but i'll stay glued to the lift threads, for future possibility's........

WORKIN
10-25-2005, 05:24 PM
here is what i've found that's the closest thing to a 2'' front lift. http://www.suspensionmaxx.com/vhummer.htm i've talked with them, and they say, you will probably not notice a ride difference..
the company is suspension maxx..........

WORKIN
10-26-2005, 12:28 AM
very useful info....i thought i had made it clear that what i found was the closest thing to a 2''lift, but understood that it was not a lift kit... since the rear sits almost 2'' higher, than the front, i can understand why they wouldn't have an interest in making a 2'' lift kit....what i was relaying was i felt this company had made the best torsion key, to raise the front end, but have the least impact on the suspension.........

let me also state, its a pleasure to read your text............. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

WORKIN
10-26-2005, 10:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:
i thought i had made it clear that what i found was the closest thing to a 2''lift, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It was clear. I was just expanding on it, didn't mean to correct you or anything.

The problem with + torsion keys, is that whatever way you do it, the end result is the same, the torsion bar is more "twisted". This will effectively raise the front, but will also stiffen the ride. Like I said, I personally liked the firmer feel when cranking the stock keys all the way up, but there will be more strain on the front end.

Maybe some different torsion bars and + keys would give a more stock like ride, but you still have the potential for driveline/steering issues. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
you know i'm kinda stuck with a very low lift, because of the trailers i pull for work, and my travel trailer.after talking with suspension maxx. they assured me the +2 keys, was the better way to go when adusting the torsion bars,simply because thier key is adjustable.others out there are not.and i just want to be able to run 37'' without rubbing...
but i'll keep looking for alternatives, before i make this route final...........