PDA

View Full Version : Bought the Prius instead of the Hummer

funpilot
11-03-2003, 01:17 AM
I drove it up from Virginia to NYC and got over 55 mpg.... When I was in really slow traffic I got over 100 mpg cause I was running only off my batteries...... drove over 20 minutes without the engine working. But, it does not have the testerone of a Hummer........maybe someday.........

funpilot
11-03-2003, 01:17 AM
I drove it up from Virginia to NYC and got over 55 mpg.... When I was in really slow traffic I got over 100 mpg cause I was running only off my batteries...... drove over 20 minutes without the engine working. But, it does not have the testerone of a Hummer........maybe someday.........

Piker
11-03-2003, 01:29 AM
Nobody cares about the Prius on a Hummer board man.

Two cars couldn't be any more different then these two.

funpilot
11-03-2003, 01:35 AM
Perhaps....but I have been on this board off and on for over a year. Just wanted to let some of those people know what I ended up doing. Seems it is OK to occasionally talk about other cars here...

KenP
11-03-2003, 02:54 AM
I am in Chesapeake nearly 4 times a week. I have several friends that live in the Las Gaviotas 'hood and I play golf at Cahoon Plantation a couple of times a month.

As for your choice in vehicles, good one. I tend to gas up out their alot and it is important I make up the difference in fuel consumption between the two vehicles. I am sure the station owners appreciate me for lending them a helping hand.

Black Lingenfelter Lux

Piker
11-03-2003, 03:38 PM
funpilot,

Sorry if my comments seemed rude, I didn't mean it that way.

The Prius is a good car, but it seems like a car for a treehugger and not a Hummer enthusiast. I guess there's nothing wrong with being economical and environmentally friendly. When you get a Hummer you'll have the best of both worlds.

Frank Hewitt
11-04-2003, 12:47 AM
Oh for the love of God how can you post such a thing on this forum????!!!!
Sure you can get better mileage, but we here are more impressed with something that seperates us from the norm and is functional off-road. Now I could have bought a geo metro, but that's just not what I needed/wanted. I appreciate the econo aspect of your ride, but it doesn't have anything-- zero-- nada-- zilch-- to do with this forum. When you can take on some trails, which is a need I have and a foremost reason that I bought an H2, then we can talk. Until then please don't show up to key my ride while hanging out with your greenpeace buddies!!!!

gasman

Klaus
11-04-2003, 01:32 AM
Don't forget your flag! The next American job to disappear may be yours...

Klaus

"God made some men big and some men small, but Sam Colt made them all equal."

DocH2
11-04-2003, 03:44 AM
Just had a patient come in that was rearended by a Tahoe while driving a Prius...not pretty. Lucky to be alive.

Is gas mileage worth it? Don't think so if it were my neck.

Best of luck to you funpilot as I drove a 1975 Honda Civic for years while in college. Just lucky I was never hit in that thing or I wouldn't be writing this now.

funpilot
11-05-2003, 12:58 AM
Between Doc H2 who scares me and the others....I feel some how guilty over something... However, I am NO tree hugger and I would never key a Hummer cause I will get one someday....

argonaut
11-05-2003, 01:07 AM
I think I just scraped a Prius off of the underside of my skid plate...

Hummertime
11-06-2003, 01:38 AM
will it fit in my glove box? i will use it as a spare. my kid has a scooter that get 100mpg, but i wouldn't be caught dead on it. sorry try the toy forum.

Bone stock but dreamin!

RasterMaster
11-07-2003, 04:07 AM
Actually, you can post other OFF ROADERS but there is a specific place for that (not GENERAL DISCUSSION). Doubt the Prius would qualify as OTHER OFF ROAD, though. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Check out the OkC Chapter Page!

Dan
11-07-2003, 10:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hummertime:
...my kid has a scooter that get 100mpg, but i wouldn't be caught dead on it...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That reminded me of a joke:

"Fat chicks are like mopeds. Fun to ride, but you wouldn't want your friends to see you on one."

Maybe the Prius falls into that category? http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

- Dan

-------------------------------------------------
SUT on order 12/02. 11 months down, 7 to go!
-------------------------------------------------

Hum2
11-07-2003, 11:39 AM
That's disgusting Dan....not funny!
http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Ric

OMAHOG/IHOG
Hum2@cox.net

DRTYFN
11-07-2003, 01:48 PM
Dan,
It's funny. Don't listen to Mr. Delicate.

Frank Hewitt
11-07-2003, 02:43 PM
shouldn't a prius come with a costume that you could put on so that your friends didn't know it was you? Something with pocket protectors and greenpeace emblems on the sleeves? Would fit in just great in some other forums, but this rates well below "off topic" discussions as far as I can gather...

gasman