PDA

View Full Version : Any off-roading around Estes Park, CO?

DrG
07-09-2007, 06:20 AM
I'm going to Estes Park, CO in a couple of weeks for a reunion and will have some time to burn. Does anyone know of any off-roading areas in that area? I know the Rocky Mountain National Park is there. Anyone been there?
David

SR1355
07-09-2007, 03:47 PM
There are several trails in the area or short drive away. I was there in June and did a few. Iron Clad, Plane Wreck, Storm Mtn, Pole Hill, just to name a few. I have trail book of the area, I'll have to get you name of book when I get home later today.

DrG
07-09-2007, 05:48 PM
OK, thanks. I forgot to mention I was going to Santa Fe, New Mexico after that. By chance, do you know of any trails there??
David

BlueTJCO
07-09-2007, 06:16 PM
Here is the BEST trail info out there for Colorado.....:beerchug:

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php

Mr_Pat
07-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Here is the BEST trail info out there for Colorado.....:beerchug:

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php
You beat me to it, I was going to post that link.

When are you headed out this way? I am about an hour and 1/2 north, up in Cheyenne. Maybe I meet you down there depending on my schedule.

DrG
07-12-2007, 04:40 AM
When are you headed out this way? I am about an hour and 1/2 north, up in Cheyenne. Maybe I meet you down there depending on my schedule.

I will be there on July 26, 27 and 28th. At this point, I have the afternoons free on all three days.
David

Mr_Pat
07-13-2007, 03:53 AM
Cool I am off those 3 days.... Is there any trail in particular you want to run?

DrG
07-16-2007, 05:16 AM
Nope, never been there before so I'm game for any of them. From looking at the traildamage.com site, it looks like there are six trails right around there. It would seem to me that if you are coming to that area, we ought to do one or two or so, that are tough enough to need spotters and the wife and I can do the easy ones on our own. Do you have any suggestions?
David

DrG
07-18-2007, 04:46 AM
There are several trails in the area or short drive away. I was there in June and did a few. Iron Clad, Plane Wreck, Storm Mtn, Pole Hill, just to name a few. I have trail book of the area, I'll have to get you name of book when I get home later today.

I'm been checking around and have located all those trails except for Storm Mtn. Are you sure that's in Colorado? Traildamage.com doesn't show it but I have printed the info for the other three.
David

DrG
07-18-2007, 04:49 AM
Cool I am off those 3 days.... Is there any trail in particular you want to run?

Are you still planning to come to Estes Park next week? I've been printing the trail guides from traildamage.com for reference when I get there. I will probably run some of the backroad easy ones just to see the sights and views until we get together . . . then we can tackle some of the tougher ones.
David