PDA

View Full Version : Another Water Leak Thread

Devis1957
07-18-2007, 05:30 PM
I have a 2006 Pewter H2 SUV, got it August last year, only 3500 miles as of this post. I, too have had numerous issues with windshield leaks, or at least what was thought as winshield leaks. It's been in the shop at least 4 times for the water leaks, each time I threaten to invoke the "Lemon Law" and each time I let them talk me out of it. They have replaced the cab lights at least twice and the windshield twice, still having trouble identifying the source of the leak. While changing the windshield, they dimpled the roof. Brought it back and they had it repaired by one of those pop-a-dent places. Got it back and they told me the headliner was damaged by the pop-a-dent place, but the dimple in the roof was gone. I'll say it was damaged, they broke it at the door post between the driver and rear passenger door. They also damaged the finish in a few places on the dash when they pulled the headliner down. In the meantime while waiting for the headliner to come in, the water leak came back and the driver seat power controls stopped working. Left it once again at the dealer and while the headliner was out, they found a leak at the roof seam near the front passenger door. The water ran down to exactly where it was pooling on the dash above the glove box. The service manager told me that the repair was made from the inside and could not be seen from the outside. He also told me that the power seat controls were fixed and the new headliner and dash parts were installed. Got home and checked it all out, the headliner has a crease all the way across the back near the rear door and they actually repaired the seam leak on the outside. What an unprofessional and ugly mess they made of the seam repair, including the paint. I told them from the get go that I could accept an external repair, due to an accident of my own making, but in no way would I accept an external repair due to a problem caused by their quality control. I insisted from the beginning that they give me another vehicle, but so far they refuse. Time for a visit with my lawyer in tow.

Are there any Hummer execs out there reading this Forum? The dealer told me that he was getting the Hummer rep involved this last go round. Can't believe that Hummer would not do more for me.

I still love the Hummer, just want a new one, not one that has been disfigured by the dealer.

timgco
07-18-2007, 07:45 PM
I have a 2006 Pewter H2 SUV, got it August last year, only 3500 miles as of this post. I, too have had numerous issues with windshield leaks, or at least what was thought as winshield leaks. It's been in the shop at least 4 times for the water leaks, each time I threaten to invoke the "Lemon Law" and each time I let them talk me out of it. They have replaced the cab lights at least twice and the windshield twice, still having trouble identifying the source of the leak. While changing the windshield, they dimpled the roof. Brought it back and they had it repaired by one of those pop-a-dent places. Got it back and they told me the headliner was damaged by the pop-a-dent place, but the dimple in the roof was gone. I'll say it was damaged, they broke it at the door post between the driver and rear passenger door. They also damaged the finish in a few places on the dash when they pulled the headliner down. In the meantime while waiting for the headliner to come in, the water leak came back and the driver seat power controls stopped working. Left it once again at the dealer and while the headliner was out, they found a leak at the roof seam near the front passenger door. The water ran down to exactly where it was pooling on the dash above the glove box. The service manager told me that the repair was made from the inside and could not be seen from the outside. He also told me that the power seat controls were fixed and the new headliner and dash parts were installed. Got home and checked it all out, the headliner has a crease all the way across the back near the rear door and they actually repaired the seam leak on the outside. What an unprofessional and ugly mess they made of the seam repair, including the paint. I told them from the get go that I could accept and external repair, due to an accident, but in no way would I accept an external repair due to a problem caused by their quality control. I insisted from the beginning that they give me another vehicle, but so far they refuse. Time for a visit with my lawyer in tow.

Are there any Hummer execs out there reading this Forum. The dealer told me that he was getting the Hummer rep involved this last go round. Can't believe that Hummer would not do more for me.

I still love the Hummer, just want a new one, not one that has been disfigured by the dealer.

SOunds like you need to talk with that rep.

PM Adam in CO. He seems to have an inside contact for an issue such as this.

Devis1957
07-18-2007, 07:49 PM
I have called the salesman to set up a conference call between me, the salesman, the service manager, the dealership owner and the Hummer rep for tomorrow. If it does not happen or go well, my lawyer is "licking his chops" to get his hands on this one.

Will try to PM Adam, thanks.

Here's a pic, no bling, only addition is the chrome fuel door, which, of course, is on the other side

jmsspratlin
07-18-2007, 09:25 PM
sorry to here this man. Keep us posted on what becomes of it.....Jamie

Devis1957
07-18-2007, 09:32 PM
Will do

Adam in CO
07-18-2007, 11:30 PM
Found it.

Stacie Collins
Hummer Customer Service
P.O. Box 33177
Detroit, MI 48232

Devis1957
07-19-2007, 12:01 AM
Thanks Adam, will call you for details

frenzy1
07-19-2007, 09:37 AM
Sorry bro ! Hope everything works out for you ! Great lookin' ride btw !

Good luck !!
frenzy

Devis1957
07-19-2007, 11:36 PM
Not much luck with the dealer today, they just wanted to make another attempt at repairs, so I told them I needed time to think about what I do next. I did talk to Hummer Customer Service and got a Case #, so we'll see what happens next after they contact the dealer. Here's a couple of pics of the roof seam repair over the passenger side door. What you can't see from the pics is the edges where it was taped off for the paint. I also included a pic of what they left behind on my floorboard to show me how much they care about my Hummer.

jmsspratlin
07-20-2007, 03:48 AM
Not much luck with the dealer today, they just wanted to make another attempt at repairs, so I told them I needed time to think about what I do next. I did talk to Hummer Customer Service and got a Case #, so we'll see what happens next after they contact the dealer. Here's a couple of pics of the roof seam repair over the passenger side door. What you can't see from the pics is the edges where it was taped off for the paint. I also included a pic of what they left behind on my floorboard to show me how much they care about my Hummer.

Those slip-grip mats ROCK!:beerchug: :D

Devis1957
07-20-2007, 10:38 PM
Hummer called me this afternoon after they spoke to the dealer. They said that the dealer confirmed everything that I told them and that they did not think at this point that they could do anything to correct the issues to my satisfaction. The case will be progressed and someone from Hummer will contact me on Tuesday. Hopefully, this is a good thing.

Alan06SUT
07-23-2007, 05:08 AM
Did they check the sunroof drains? The can get clogged. I believe these are often the culprit for roof leaks.

jmsspratlin
07-23-2007, 09:53 AM
Did they check the sunroof drains? The can get clogged. I believe these are often the culprit for roof leaks.

If that is the case, how do you go about unclogging them? Not that mine is leaking at this point, just for possible future reference. Thanks...Jamie

Devis1957
07-23-2007, 01:59 PM
That would have been the first thing to check as sunroof leaks have been around ever since they invented them. There is no sunroof, but they found the roof seams leaking by soaping up the roof and blowing air from the inside to find the leaks. The issue now as you can see from the roof seam photos is the repair they made is very unprofessional. Even the dealer admitted to Hummer that they did not believe they could repair it to even look like a factory finish. This is really hard for me to believe and I just can not accept that after dealing with this for 11 months. The new headliner they put in has a crease all the way across by the rear hatch. It's in Hummer's hands now, expecting a call on tomorrow from them.

Devis1957
07-28-2007, 03:04 PM
Got a call yesterday from Hummer. Last week the dealer confirmed everything I had told them and wrote in this post. Yesterday, Hummer told me they talked to a Mark Jones who told them everything has been completed. I don't even know who Mark Jones is, I've been dealing with Danny David, which is the guy Hummer talked to last week. Hummer offered me a 100,000 mile warranty on my windshield leaks or I could take my Hummer to another dealer to confirm my story. What a crock of BS. First, I asked him why they would offer me a warranty on the windshield when the repair was made to the roof seam and he said he did not even know about the headliner. He said that is all besides the point and that is their offer. I told him to let me send him the photos, he said "no" because he had no reason not to believe the dealer. I asked him why he did not talk to the same guy they talked to last week. He said he talked to the person that answered the service dept phone.

I told them I would not accept their offer and they would have to send the Hummer rep to me when he comes to Baton Rouge. If they can not do this, then I will proceed with my lawyer, probably will proceed anyways after they confirm the botched repairs. The phone call started out and continued to be all one-sided, so I just hung up.

jmsspratlin
07-28-2007, 05:26 PM
WOW, sorry to hear, hope you can get it resolved.

Devis1957
07-28-2007, 10:50 PM
Talked to the dealership owner today and he agrees that the wrong person spoke to Hummer and he also agrees to what my issues are. Says he is going to forward my comments and my photos to Hummer. We'll wait and see, one more chance for them to make it right.

Gunzz
07-29-2007, 12:21 AM
One thing is good. Even though the dealer did shoddy work it sounds like they are standing behind you. Thats good for you.