PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear Area

eugenebeauxbuton
08-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Anyone around here want to go wheeling?? I'm in the area until this coming Thursday and I'd love to do something....

:jump:

Dave92270
08-05-2007, 11:34 PM
I'd almost want to go, but although you're quite close, Big Bear is still some 100 miles away from where I live and I can't bail out for a whole day for the next couple of weeks. I went for 4 hours yesterday and that was the longest time I could leave the house for. I hope you'll find someone to join you, I bet it's more fun and definitely safer. BTW how did you like the car's performance (since you went off road with your H3 for the first time too, just as I did) ? I was really pleased, and realized that it absolutely doesn't matter that H3 won't do 0-60mph under 8 seconds - what matters is that I got home safely, without braking anything, and in great comfort... did you meet any other vehicles on the trail? I met three 4WD vehicles (first 2 driving together, and then 1 solo) over the course of a few hours, but no Hummers.

eugenebeauxbuton
08-06-2007, 04:27 AM
I went on the Gold Mtn. trail out on 18 on the way out of Big Bear. I climbed a 'More Difficult' trail bone stock with some 31's and it rocked the trail. As I was coming down, I went into 4 high as I thought I was leaving the trail but at the last minute, I saw an awesome climb but had to reverse. My tire got caught on a 1/2 foot rise and wouldn't budge. Popped it into 4 low lock and almost blew into a rise behind me! What a performer. I just want two things before I hit up the 'Most Difficult' trails: 33's and more undercarriage protection.