PDA

View Full Version : tires

siloboy
04-19-2006, 11:27 PM
Thanks to those who helped with my last question.
I still can't get over the fact that Weil Hummer sold me a vehicle with retread tires without telling me, and cleverly disguising the great bald spots, and telling me the thumping noise was just a symptom of the truck sitting in the lot for too long and that it would soon disappear, and telling me the red engine light was a symptom of the same down-time and it too would turn off.
I wouldn't have minded the other problems either had they just made me aware of them, and didn't go out of their way to cover them up.
You just don't expect a reputable GM dealer to behave like that, which is why I paid the premium.
Buyer-beware on the internet!
One more question about tires: Can any old tire mart fit and balance and align new tires for the H1?

Ground hawg
04-19-2006, 11:31 PM
look up some of my old posts. theres one regarding this very question.

Good luck GROUND HWG.

ps what else you havin problems with???

eagereager
04-20-2006, 11:52 AM
I wouldn't trust a tire mart but a truck tire dealer should have the equipment to change, mount and they should be able to speed balance them (not just a bubble balance). They should also be able to align front end AND rear end. Get them right or the troubles begin. Good luck and become a good mechanic like the guys on this site, real quick !!

Hi-Mobility
04-27-2006, 12:17 AM
You probably have Unicure retreads. They are common for the 16.5" wheeels. Goodyear stopped making the 16.5" GSA and the MT is very hard to get at a reasonable price.

Interco seems to be the manufacturer who still makes some selection in 16.5". Mickey Thompson and PJ's are some other options.