PDA

View Full Version : Lift, axles hold up

Kerr
01-27-2004, 07:25 PM
A friend of mine just installed a 6" Super lift? or maybe it was rancho.. I cant remember. Anyway he is running 40" Swamper radials. I ask him how it will hold up to the extra heights and weight of the tires. He said " Aint got a clue"

So my question to you is,
How will it do? Also if you where to regear one what would you do? 4:56 4:88? and how well will that hold up?

Kerr
01-27-2004, 07:25 PM
A friend of mine just installed a 6" Super lift? or maybe it was rancho.. I cant remember. Anyway he is running 40" Swamper radials. I ask him how it will hold up to the extra heights and weight of the tires. He said " Aint got a clue"

So my question to you is,
How will it do? Also if you where to regear one what would you do? 4:56 4:88? and how well will that hold up?

H2Oguy
01-28-2004, 12:48 AM
I don't know the specifics but I was at a Hummer happening with guy who did the same thing. He did regear and said it did fine. With regearing the speedometer was still accurate he said. He also did very good with it off road. I believe he had a 9" lift with 40's. He did get bigger offset rims so the base would be wider to handle the added height.

www.h2ohummers.com (http://www.h2ohummers.com)