PDA

View Full Version : Man beaten after complimenting Hummer

h2co-pilot
09-09-2007, 06:59 PM
Man beaten after complimenting Hummer

September 09, 2007 04:18pm

A 30-year-old man is lucky to be alive after he and his wife were assaulted by up to six occupants of a Hummer vehicle as they stood admiring it in inner-Melbourne early today.

Police said the man and his 32-year-old wife were admiring a silver-coloured Hummer - a large, US-style four-wheel drive - outside Kings car park on Flinders Lane, between Spencer and King streets, about 5.30am (AEST) when they were set upon.

The man said "I love your car" before he was attacked by up to six people, with at least one brandishing a metal bar.

"The victim was severely beaten and left unconscious," Detective Senior Constable Brett Hampson said.

He was taken to the Royal Melbourne Hospital with sever head injuries and blood loss.

The victim's wife was also taken to hospital for treatment of minor injuries.
"We're very concerned about this assault. It was unprovoked and severe and extremely brutal," Det Sen Const Hampson said.

"The male's very lucky to still be alive."

Det Sen Const Hampson said the couple had been out drinking and were returning to their car with a friend when they were attacked.

Police are investigating whether a red sports car, which left the car park at the same time as the Hummer without rendering assistance, was also involved.

They say they are confident the Hummer - whose design is based on the US army's Humvee vehicle - will be found.

"It's a very distinctive car and we'll be very confident that we'll locate these people that have assaulted this male in such a bad way," Det Sen Const Hampson said.

The driver of the Hummer is described as being aged in his 30s, of Caucasian appearance, and was wearing dark jeans, a black T-shirt and had a tattoo of a cross on his right forearm.

A second offender was of Asian appearance and wearing a green T-shirt.
The silver Hummer had the word "Hummer" written down the side of it in dark writing, police said.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,22388351-5003402,00.html

tower
09-09-2007, 07:09 PM
Did the guy in the green T-shirt in the "silver" Hummer bear any resemblance to Dennis AJC? I hear he can be vicious! :dancingbanana::giggling:

jmsspratlin
09-09-2007, 07:11 PM
That sux

dkhummerh2
09-09-2007, 08:09 PM
who the hell stops to look at something with people in it, in the park at 5:30 am. Not saying it was right, but use some common sense.
dk

H2wifey
09-09-2007, 08:13 PM
That's crazy

mikejr
09-09-2007, 08:18 PM
thinking that we are not getting the full story here....perhaps just another "hate the hummer" story. Yes I feel sorry for the people that got attacked....but what prompted the attack...thats the question...

dkhummerh2
09-09-2007, 08:24 PM
That why I only stop to admire hybrids. Never seen a hybrid owner that could take me!
dk

mikejr
09-09-2007, 08:39 PM
That why I only stop to admire hybrids. Never seen a hybrid owner that could take me!
dk

good point there...worst case you would get a good kick in the shin....

dkhummerh2
09-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Good one. :giggling:

Shrek_H2
09-09-2007, 09:02 PM
Sure he only said " I LOVE YOUR CAR" my ass....im sure his stupid eco friendly comment got him that beating ...good im happy somebody had the gutts to do something about this himself...:perfect10s:

dkhummerh2
09-09-2007, 09:08 PM
Why get out of the truck. I would personally love to see how it runs down humans. Just never had anyone asking for it! I will keep you posted though! I will keep circling the Starbucks in my neighborhood and see if I can bait one out to the curb.:giggling:

Shrek_H2
09-09-2007, 09:09 PM
Why get out of the truck. I would personally love to see how it runs down humans. Just never had anyone asking for it! I will keep you posted though! I will keep circling the Starbucks in my neighborhood and see if I can bait one out to the curb.:giggling:

hahahaha...:perfect10s:

TheBoyNextDoor
09-09-2007, 10:21 PM
There is another half to this story........................

Hummer Aficionado_VT
09-10-2007, 12:45 AM
Sounds like another case of "THUNDER DOWN UNDER!!!!"

Sorry, couldn't resist... :giggling:

Hummer Aficionado_VT
09-10-2007, 12:45 AM
Sounds like another case of "THUNDER DOWN UNDER!!!!"

Sorry, couldn't resist... :giggling:

3Hummer
09-10-2007, 01:07 AM
Only way that will be easy to find is if its an H1, other than that im sure there a plenty pweter hummers with caucasion males around 30 with a tatoo driving them. But i dont know the area so i could be wrong

tower
09-10-2007, 01:35 AM
Only way that will be easy to find is if its an H1, other than that im sure there a plenty pweter hummers with caucasion males around 30 with a tatoo driving them. But i dont know the area so i could be wrong

It shouldn't be that hard, unless they import their cops from Canada. ;)

'"It's a very distinctive car and we'll be very confident that we'll locate these people that have assaulted this male in such a bad way," Det Sen Const Hampson said.
The driver of the Hummer is described as being aged in his 30s, of Caucasian appearance, and was wearing dark jeans, a black T-shirt and had a tattoo of a cross on his right forearm.
A second offender was of Asian appearance and wearing a green T-shirt.
The silver Hummer had the word "Hummer" written down the side of it in dark writing, police said.'

lennyrebel
09-10-2007, 04:21 AM
thinking that we are not getting the full story here....perhaps just another "hate the hummer" story. Yes I feel sorry for the people that got attacked....but what prompted the attack...thats the question...
Exactly my thoughts--they were probably bashing it maybe even physically when they got a surprise--so the story changed. Makes better sense.

Agriv8r
09-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Did the guy in the green T-shirt in the "silver" Hummer bear any resemblance to Dennis AJC? I hear he can be vicious! :dancingbanana::giggling:

:jump:

DennisAJC
09-10-2007, 05:22 PM
They called DRTYFN a fruitcake so I bearsprayed him and then proceeded to make out with the girlfriend while DRTY lay pipe justice on the turd.:jump:

We were just out for icecream.:confused:

What a fcking onesided lie. I'm sure the truth will come out when they catch that HERO H2 driver.

obzidian
09-10-2007, 07:08 PM
man, i agree with trashing on basher, but with a pipe? I just don't see the reason in trying to kill a person where you just want to teach a lesson.

whatever, they probably deserved a beatin, but the wife beaten up is what gets to me.... kinda ****ed up. I don't give a chit if i deserved it... you touch the wife and you get a .50 bullet hole in your head.

dkhummerh2
09-10-2007, 07:31 PM
i agree. just not enough info to even judge it.

h2co-pilot
09-15-2007, 04:30 PM
A man was arrested. Turns out it was a Dodge Nitro- not a Hummer.

http://abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/09/14/2032598.htm?section=justin

Police now say the car was a Dodge Nitro, similar in appearance to a Hummer vehicle.

KingVinnie
09-15-2007, 04:47 PM
they though this was a hummer?????

http://jalopnik.com/cars/assets/resources/2007/01/Startech-Tuned-Dodge-Nitro.jpg

tower
09-15-2007, 07:27 PM
Well now it all makes perfect sense. The guy in the Dodge felt belittled 'cause he didn't really have a Hummer. :lame:

DRTYFN
09-15-2007, 08:16 PM
A man was arrested. Turns out it was a Dodge Nitro- not a Hummer.

http://abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/09/14/2032598.htm?section=justin

RAARRR!!!!1@!! I don't have a Hummer!!!!! I have a Hemi!!!!
:jump: :jump: :jump:
Dickhead.

MONSTERMATT
09-15-2007, 08:52 PM
thinking that we are not getting the full story here....perhaps just another "hate the hummer" story. Yes I feel sorry for the people that got attacked....but what prompted the attack...thats the question...thats wazup!!!!!!!

dkhummerh2
09-16-2007, 09:18 PM
Anyone ever saw a nitro up close, I have and wouldn't even consider it an suv, more of a minivan. I sense alot of drug use was involved! My wife couldn't even make that mistake! And she thought that Ford made my Hummer.
dk