PDA

View Full Version : TIRES TIRES TIRES

hummerpartsman
09-15-2007, 12:38 AM
OK I NEED SOME INSIGHT ON TIRES. A LOT OF TALK ABOUT COOPERS. I WANT SOMETHING M/T. BEEN LOOKING AT THE TOYO OPEN COUNTRY M/T , GOODYEAR MT/R ,Hankook Dynapro MT , AND NITTO DUNE GRAPPLER. WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK IS THE BEST ALL AROUND TIRE, AND WHY?

Sewie
09-15-2007, 12:46 AM
Toyos or the newly redesigned BFG MT.

HummBebe
09-15-2007, 03:00 AM
Toyos or the newly redesigned BFG MT.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

So hummerpartsman, if we give you are info are you going to get us part? LOL

BradO
09-15-2007, 03:24 AM
Here's my experience: I have used the Toyo M/T's and the new Procomp Xtreme M/T's on my H3's. I also use the Toyo's on my H2. The Toyo's are quiet and smooth on road, excellent off road with the exception of clearing heavy mud from in between the lugs. The Toyo's are also wide and heavy, which makes the 5 cyl. setup strain (35's). The Procomps are a little louder on road, but are lighter, not as wide, and don't bog down the gearing as bad. Also they really clean out the mud. The lugs are wider apart. Both are siped. I would buy the Procomp's again over the Toyo's because where I'm at there is lots of heavy mud on the trails. The Procomps just win out in this environment. If you aren't in a swampy area, the Toyo's will be great choice. I have not used the Cooper's, but have heard good things about them off road.

hummerpartsman
09-15-2007, 02:17 PM
I can get you parts cheap I can not sell on this form PM me for all you parts needs. There is a lot of rock crawling around here, need good rock crawling tires. I am looking at going 295/75R16 so not really bigger.

Steve #1
09-15-2007, 03:25 PM
Here's my experience: I have used the Toyo M/T's and the new Procomp Xtreme M/T's on my H3's. I also use the Toyo's on my H2. The Toyo's are quiet and smooth on road, excellent off road with the exception of clearing heavy mud from in between the lugs. The Toyo's are also wide and heavy, which makes the 5 cyl. setup strain (35's). The Procomps are a little louder on road, but are lighter, not as wide, and don't bog down the gearing as bad. Also they really clean out the mud. The lugs are wider apart. Both are siped. I would buy the Procomp's again over the Toyo's because where I'm at there is lots of heavy mud on the trails. The Procomps just win out in this environment. If you aren't in a swampy area, the Toyo's will be great choice. I have not used the Cooper's, but have heard good things about them off road.

Excellent post BradO.

What's you opinion on how the Xtream M/Ts ware? I have the regular Xtreams on my K5 and love them, I put a set on my F150 and they wore insanely fast on the front. When I went to replace them I was told that they were finding the same. They work good on a solid front but not so good with IFS.