PDA

View Full Version : Group of H2's going to S. Padre Island, Texas

Grizzy
09-19-2007, 04:00 PM
Know its been a while, but over the summer I noticed atleast 30+ H2's traveling in a group through Port Isabel headed towards S. Padre Island. Anyone from this forum a part of that group? What is the scoop and how do I join in on the fun? Been looking for a group of H2 owners that my wife and I can join for weekend road trips. We live just south of DFW area.

NCBound
09-19-2007, 05:39 PM
My family and I were there over the summer as well. We flew to Mcallen and visited my step son in Edinburg for a few days. He and I took his Expedition over to South Padre and drove all the way up to East Cut to do some shark fishing. Nice ride up the beach, all 26 miles of it. Didn't care too much about the nude area...... It might have been better if there were some nude girls there, but mostly it was fat old dudes all over the place(can't find the puke smiley). We will probably travel there next year as well but will be towing a travel trailer with my 250.

Ncbound

Grizzy
09-19-2007, 05:43 PM
My family and I were there over the summer as well. We flew to Mcallen and visited my step son in Edinburg for a few days. He and I took his Expedition over to South Padre and drove all the way up to East Cut to do some shark fishing. Nice ride up the beach, all 26 miles of it. Didn't care too much about the nude area...... It might have been better if there were some nude girls there, but mostly it was fat old dudes all over the place(can't find the puke smiley). We will probably travel there next year as well but will be towing a travel trailer with my 250.

Ncbound

Yeah I drove the 26 miles in my new H2 in July. Barely had 1,800 miles on it and was already out there running like 50+ mph next to the water, jumping a few of the sand drifts, or whatever they're called. Not sure how much air I was actually catching, maybe a few inches, but it sure was fun. Also went crawling all through the dune area, that was a blast.

DRTYFN
09-19-2007, 05:51 PM
As long as it's not associated with the Xers it'll be okay. They like to go off trail and destroy vegetation and then try to cover it up.

Grizzy
09-19-2007, 05:53 PM
As long as it's not associated with the Xers it'll be okay. They like to go off trail and destroy vegetation and then try to cover it up.

Xers? Not sure what that is. No vegetation where I was playing.

johndjmix1
09-22-2007, 05:53 PM
Lets H2 down there durring spring break. Now that would be fun!

--John

Jacobcolby05
02-05-2008, 08:28 AM
I would love to take a trip to Padre Spring break!

brad_p
02-08-2008, 07:22 AM
im a maybe aswell. Also something to think about. From sabine pass to high island there use to be a road but it got covered with sand from a hurricane. Would be a fun adventure to go exploring this as a group.

Grizzy
02-13-2008, 07:04 PM
If someone wants to take the lead on this and organize a trip, count me in! Spring break sounds like fun! Good timing for me also.

Jacobcolby05
02-16-2008, 04:38 PM
What day's are you guy's available. I can go anytime before March 16th! Spring break will be in full effect by then.