PDA

View Full Version : Need pics of 2008 H2 radiator

tomp
09-30-2007, 04:46 AM
Can anyone confirm if the 08s have electric fans? If so, can you please post some pics and measurements between the fan shroud mounting bolts etc?

tower
09-30-2007, 09:41 AM
You have got to be kidding!! :confused::confused::confused:
Buy a fukking tape measure!! :lame: :beerchug:

mikejr
09-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Can anyone confirm if the 08s have electric fans? If so, can you please post some pics and measurements between the fan shroud mounting bolts etc?

I'll look and see, but from what i recall reading they do have the electric fans on them. I've only had the hood open on my 08 once since I bought it.

tomp
09-30-2007, 03:05 PM
Thanks Mke! I am wanting to convert to electric fans on my 06. I drove through dealer lot looking and did not see any (looked for silver bumpers...Ha)

mikejr
09-30-2007, 09:45 PM
Thanks Mke! I am wanting to convert to electric fans on my 06. I drove through dealer lot looking and did not see any (looked for silver bumpers...Ha)

I believe I read somewhere that the radiator on the 08 was upgraded also, I know the grill was changed to get more air into the engine.

I might have read that in hummer brochure.

finally got done working around the house today and got cleaned up...off to the store now...we need provisions....should be able to get that pic tonite for you.

mikejr
10-04-2007, 01:12 AM

Hey Tomp.....

Havent forgotten about those pics. Got a guy on vacation and I've been out on the road all week looking at repo houses. I'll get you that pic as soon as i can buddy.

i'm tired....

tomp
10-04-2007, 03:17 AM
Hey, I know the feeling of being tired. Get them when you can;)

Thanks!

mikejr
10-14-2007, 11:28 PM
Tomp,

here are the pics of the rad and the fan set up. Its kinda tight in there so not sure how well the pics will show the set up. It appears to me that the dual electric fans are mounted on a large plastic shroud. There are three radiators in total.

Hope these pics help you out.

tomp
10-16-2007, 01:49 AM
Thank you Mike!

From those angles, it almost looks like the tranny cooler in front is a little larger as well. If you get time, please post some measurements of the little tranny cooler in the front.

Thanks again Mike for your efforts! Much appreciated!

mikejr
10-16-2007, 01:51 AM
Thank you Mike!

From those angles, it almost looks like the tranny cooler in front is a little larger as well. If you get time, please post some measurements of the little tranny cooler in the front.

Thanks again Mike for your efforts! Much appreciated!

You are welcome. I'll get some dimensions on the front cooler for you. Hope those pics helped. Kinda hard to get any shots the way stuff is all jammed in there like it is.

tower
10-22-2007, 04:33 AM
Tomp,

here are the pics of the rad and the fan set up. Its kinda tight in there so not sure how well the pics will show the set up. It appears to me that the dual electric fans are mounted on a large plastic shroud. There are three radiators in total.

Hope these pics help you out.This is highly unlikely. Probably a radiator, a tranny cooler and an oil cooler.

pteam
10-23-2007, 11:12 PM
What exactly do electric fans on the 08 h2s do compared to the regular fans on 03-07 h2's?

Do the electric fans run from the battery / electrical system which in turn is charged by the alternator / drive system, instead of running off just the drive system itself where when at idle it would spin very slow and not dissipate heat very good? Where the electric fans can run just as fast when at idle as compared to when driving? Give me a good tech explanation here. We have a 03 h2 limo for sale and are thinking about upgrading it to an 08 h2 in the spring.

Would the 08 electric fans make a big difference in AC capacity? AC is one of the biggest problems in a 25 passenger hummer limo.

Also the 6 speed tranny should overtime give better gas milage especially on highway , would it be worth it with GMID, compared to a leftover 07 with GMID?

WEST OZ H2
01-28-2008, 02:20 AM
I'm in BOLD

What exactly do electric fans on the 08 h2s do compared to the regular fans on 03-07 h2's?

]Ultimatly they give more HP, a standard fan sucks between 5 & 10 HP off the motor[/SIZE]

Do the electric fans run from the battery / electrical system which in turn is charged by the alternator / drive system,Yes instead of running off just the drive system itself where when at idle it would spin very slow and not dissipate heat very good? This depends on wether the fan has a viscious coupling or if the fan is bolted straight to the motor, a viscious fan will cut in when the temp reaches a set point and cut out out at a low point, the fixed fan runs and pulls air all the timeWhere the electric fans can run just as fast when at idle as compared to when driving?This is correct Give me a good tech explanation here. We have a 03 h2 limo for sale and are thinking about upgrading it to an 08 h2 in the spring.

Would the 08 electric fans make a big difference in AC capacity?It makes no difference at all AC is one of the biggest problems in a 25 passenger hummer limo.For this issue your best bet is to mount another seperate A/C compressor and run two aircons. Here in Aussie it's what we do with the limo's

Also the 6 speed tranny should overtime give better gas milage especially on highway , would it be worth it with GMID, compared to a leftover 07 with GMID?Can't help with this one, don't even know what GMID stands for......:crying:

Hope this helps.

Al

sanfoja
02-15-2008, 08:44 AM
I'm in BOLD

Hope this helps.

Al

x2...I installed an electric fan conversion on my 5.7L Yukon and was the single most satisfying bolt-on mod I did. Instantly could tell I no longer had that power sucking mechanical fan attached. It does pull quite a bit of current though. I installed an underdrive pulley kit as well that came with an OVERdrive pulley for the alternator, just to keep the voltage up around 12 at idle. Comes on automatically with AC and has adjustable thermostat (sensor goes into radiator) to varying when fan kicks in otherwise. Been thinking about that for the H2 but still just thinking.

sanfoja
02-15-2008, 08:49 AM
I'm in BOLD

Hope this helps.

Al

Also, GMID is.....quoted from another site.

There are three ?special? prices which are offered as fixed prices voluntarily by dealers. The dealers are paid a fixed profit by GM under these schemes and may or may not want to do it.

GM Supplier: available to all employees of eligible suppliers of GM. I know that Sun Microsystems and HP Compaq employees are eligible for that.

GMID: GM-In-the-Driveway program that are available to GM employees to offer to friends and family.

GMS: only available to GM employees.

GM Supplier and GMID prices are identical. GMS is significantly lower, below the quoted invoice price. Note also that the invoice price does not include the dealer holdback given back to the dealers, nor regional advertising fees that the dealers are required to pay.